music from Logotypes, early 80's tours- need some info

TheXFactor
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

music from Logotypes, early 80's tours- need some info

Post by TheXFactor »

Does anyone know if the music heard here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaMXPI99B88

was ever released on any of these:

http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/voicesr4.htm

I was recently listening to some of the fan tapes I get way back in the 90's, and there's just some amazing live stuff that I'm not sure was ever officially released. In addition to what you hear in the You Tube link, there's some other material from tours of that era I'm curious about. Specifically:

1) Where they performed 'Mojave Plan' in it's entirety but then went into a whole other similar passage afterwards.

2) A sped up version of 'Speed', which eventually led to the same stuff that followed the aforementioned version of 'Mojave Plan'.

3) An alternate version of the very end of 'Horizon', but I think it was performed closer to the beginning of the show. Seems to me that this one may have been on SOHOMAN, but radically altered.

So if any of these sound familiar, I'd love to know which releases- if any- they made their way onto.
Tropylium

Post by Tropylium »

I don't think there's any factory-pressed bootleg from the 1982 tour, nor any official release beyond Logos (tho a few parts were remixed for the rare 1997 release on The Keep). The Tangerine Tree fan release project has a couple good recordings from there though, eg. volume 61.

As for the others:
#1 is Thermal Inversion. Killer track, there's no studio version but there are plenty of good quality fan releases. Tangerine Tree vol. 48 is the best version I think. It's also on various of the official releases based on the TT series — Sydney 1982, & the 2nd Bootlex Box Set volume.
#2 is Calymba Caly. The 1st half that resembles "Speed" did not make it on Antique Dreams which was the first official release of that track. It does appear on several Tangerine Tree releases, as well as official forks such as Pаris 1981.
#3 is Ayers Majestic, indeed officially released on Sohoman, as well as in unedited fantape-sourced form on Sydney 1982.
TheXFactor

Post by TheXFactor »

Tropylium wrote:I don't think there's any factory-pressed bootleg from the 1982 tour, nor any official release beyond Logos (tho a few parts were remixed for the rare 1997 release on The Keep). The Tangerine Tree fan release project has a couple good recordings from there though, eg. volume 61.

As for the others:
#1 is Thermal Inversion. Killer track, there's no studio version but there are plenty of good quality fan releases. Tangerine Tree vol. 48 is the best version I think. It's also on various of the official releases based on the TT series — Sydney 1982, & the 2nd Bootlex Box Set volume.
#2 is Calymba Caly. The 1st half that resembles "Speed" did not make it on Antique Dreams which was the first official release of that track. It does appear on several Tangerine Tree releases, as well as official forks such as Pаris 1981.
#3 is Ayers Majestic, indeed officially released on Sohoman, as well as in unedited fantape-sourced form on Sydney 1982.

Absolutely FANTASTIC information, THANK YOU!!! Seems as if I have a couple new CDs to pick up. :lol:

So who here has copies of the Sydney 1982 and Paris 1981 Bootmoon CDs that they'd be interested in trading. Or the respective Tangerine Tree releases?