TD post-Virgin suggestions

sparrow
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by sparrow »

Good sugestions Har where u been?
har

Post by har »

Hey sparrow, cheers. I've been away, several reasons, mainly the chaos of life :wink:

Any recommendations I have missed out? I seem to recall Melrose is one of your favourites, that is also a guid yin.
Donofrio_TD

Post by Donofrio_TD »

Hi!!! I'm new to the forum as well. After struggling a bit to get activated, I'm finally here!!! :D I've been a very very devoted fan for the last 3 years. I've heard almost everything from TD except maybe for some compilations or reworkings. Love all eras, from the early 70's to the latest years. I don't care if they've changed a lot over the years or decades, Edgar Froese and TD is pure genius and they'll always be in my eyes and ears. First album I heard was Stratosfear and then Tangram. Fell in love ever since with Tangram.

Post virgin suggestions. All the albums they recommended you are great, but I can't believe no one has even mentioned "220 Volt Live". Great, great stuff. There are many concerts with some of the tracks featured here, including many Tangerine Tree projects, but not any come close to this album, in my opinion. The quality here is definitely superior in any way possible. This album is the case where every track is memorable, from start to finish and, as you say, it has consistency, 100%.

Also, I've been listening to "Zoning" lately. May not be everyone's cup of tea, but it grows on you.

Other suggestions, definitely all 5 atomic seasons, especially "Winter in Hiroshima" and "The Endless Season". Other albums, "Tyranny Of Beauty", "Turn of the Tides", "Machu Picchu", "Mona Da Vinci" and many, many more... If you can get your hands on the "Mandala" unreleased soundtrack, it's great, too. It's only around 25 min., but it's worth it. I also recommend you try to get the issue no. 38 of the Tangerine Tree project, the very last concert with Chris Franke, the real Live Miles II in Berlin. It's around 2 hours and 10 min. and from start to finish there's no single wrong turn. I have all these albums. I can send them to you if you want. Hell, now I have 115 albums, and the number keeps going up.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Donofrio_TD wrote: Post virgin suggestions. All the albums they recommended you are great, but I can't believe no one has even mentioned "220 Volt Live". Great, great stuff. There are many concerts with some of the tracks featured here, including many Tangerine Tree projects, but not any come close to this album, in my opinion. The quality here is definitely superior in any way possible. This album is the case where every track is memorable, from start to finish and, as you say, it has consistency, 100%.
I'm afraid you're pretty alone in loving 220 Volt Live all the way through. I remember loving many of the tracks when I got the CD 20 years ago - Two Bunch Palms, 220 Volt, Backstreet Hero and Oriental Haze are all great tracks, but the second half of the disc is clearly less impressive than the first.
Donofrio_TD

Post by Donofrio_TD »

Jon wrote:
Donofrio_TD wrote: Post virgin suggestions. All the albums they recommended you are great, but I can't believe no one has even mentioned "220 Volt Live". Great, great stuff. There are many concerts with some of the tracks featured here, including many Tangerine Tree projects, but not any come close to this album, in my opinion. The quality here is definitely superior in any way possible. This album is the case where every track is memorable, from start to finish and, as you say, it has consistency, 100%.
I'm afraid you're pretty alone in loving 220 Volt Live all the way through. I remember loving many of the tracks when I got the CD 20 years ago - Two Bunch Palms, 220 Volt, Backstreet Hero and Oriental Haze are all great tracks, but the second half of the disc is clearly less impressive than the first.
The Blue Bridge, Hamlet and Dreamtime are like my favorite tracks from that album. I guess it all depends on the mood you're in at the moment. When I first listened to this album I was actually looking for something like it. I was looking for "Treasure Of Innocence", found out that album had that track and got more than what I was expecting.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Donofrio_TD wrote:
Jon wrote:
The Blue Bridge, Hamlet and Dreamtime are like my favorite tracks from that album. I guess it all depends on the mood you're in at the moment. When I first listened to this album I was actually looking for something like it. I was looking for "Treasure Of Innocence", found out that album had that track and got more than what I was expecting.
I have never been a big fan of those ballads.
Donofrio_TD

Post by Donofrio_TD »

Jon wrote:
Donofrio_TD wrote:
Jon wrote: I'm afraid you're pretty alone in loving 220 Volt Live all the way through. I remember loving many of the tracks when I got the CD 20 years ago - Two Bunch Palms, 220 Volt, Backstreet Hero and Oriental Haze are all great tracks, but the second half of the disc is clearly less impressive than the first.
Well, I was a relatively new fan when I listented to 220 Volt... and loved it all the way through, so that's why I thought that if he was rediscovering The Dream, that album would be a good suggestion. From that era, The Seattle Years, I think 200 Volt Live is definitely the highlight. On a sidenote, I didn't even notice it ran for almost 73 minutes while listening to it. Only track I didn't dig was Purple Haze, but I can still live with it.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Donofrio_TD wrote:
Jon wrote:
Donofrio_TD wrote: The Blue Bridge, Hamlet and Dreamtime are like my favorite tracks from that album. I guess it all depends on the mood you're in at the moment. When I first listened to this album I was actually looking for something like it. I was looking for "Treasure Of Innocence", found out that album had that track and got more than what I was expecting.
Well, I was a relatively new fan when I listented to 220 Volt... and loved it all the way through, so that's why I thought that if he was rediscovering The Dream, that album would be a good suggestion. From that era, The Seattle Years, I think 200 Volt Live is definitely the highlight. On a sidenote, I didn't even notice it ran for almost 73 minutes while listening to it. Only track I didn't dig was Purple Haze, but I can still live with it.
I was also a rather new fan when I bought 220 Volt Live in 1993. Had only heard TD for two years then.
Erik

Post by Erik »

the Arizona 2 cd album completely replaces 220 volt live for me. and i like the lyrical version of dreamtime.
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Donofrio_TD

Post by Donofrio_TD »

Erik wrote:the Arizona 2 cd album completely replaces 220 volt live for me. and i like the lyrical version of dreamtime.
I believe I have a Tangerine Tree issue that is exactly the same as the Arizona gig... Not too crazy about it. It runs like a compilation and I didn't like the version of "Hamlet" there. It was a bit boring for me. I Prefer 220 Volt Live.
trekky and smurfy

Re: TD post-Virgin suggestions

Post by trekky and smurfy »

we were up to date with TD until the tournado cd, but our local record/cd shops in UK, seemed to only stock compilations/greatest hits etc, after this live cd, we didn't have a computer, so sort of lost touch,
finally got around to getting a computer in 2009, first web site we went to was TD, jaws dropped, have we really missed that much!!!!! spent the next couple of years (funds permitting) catching up, a great time :lol:
our choices are, now we are up to date,

madcaps flaming duty: if you don't mind vocals (christian hausl has a great voice)

springtime in nagasaki

island of the fay

and our personal favourite, 'PURPLE DILUVIAL' this is a really superb cd.

p.s. zeitgeist concert live at the royal albert hall, great memories of a great night

steve/lisa
stand on hills' of long forgotten yesterdays'