SECOND CONCERT IN GERMANY - Waldbühne NORTHEIM

timer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by timer »

bergen-dreamer wrote:All set now for a weekend in Germany with TD & friends 8)

Starting from home tomorrow morning at 05.15 - first a 50 min flight from Bergen to Oslo - then from Oslo a 1.45 min flight to Hamburg. Planning to spend a few hours in Hamburg before taking the train to Northeim. Friday night will probaly be spent in the Bierstube at the Hotel Deutsche Eiche :P
Luckily I have a direct flight back from Berlin to Bergen :)
Safe travels Stein - and hopefully we'll see you sometime Sunday 8)
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

timer wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote:All set now for a weekend in Germany with TD & friends 8)

Starting from home tomorrow morning at 05.15 - first a 50 min flight from Bergen to Oslo - then from Oslo a 1.45 min flight to Hamburg. Planning to spend a few hours in Hamburg before taking the train to Northeim. Friday night will probaly be spent in the Bierstube at the Hotel Deutsche Eiche :P
Luckily I have a direct flight back from Berlin to Bergen :)
Safe travels Stein - and hopefully we'll see you sometime Sunday 8)
Cheers Tim 8) Really hope we get the chance to have chat and a few drinks together before the show :)

Safe journey to yourself and Carmen as well :arrow:
"The streets are full of admirable craftsmen, but so few practical dreamers" - Man Rey
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

Northeim:
Show time TD: 9:30 pm to 0:30 am

:)
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

will start from cologne at 4pm by car........... will be at northeim around 8pm.
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

@ all joining the Waldbühne NORTHEIM.
Enjoy the concert !!!

grtz, Peter
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

19:30
At this time the TD show is certainly just beginning.
It's always a big moment with emotion when the band beginn a concert.
I'm sure, the show will be a fantastic moment for the fans and for the band.

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
Detroit Snackbar Dreamer

Post by Detroit Snackbar Dreamer »

Hello everyody, I'm new here. :D

Well, I just returned from Northeim - not totally satisfied. It had been announced by the organiser and also here that it would be 3 hour show (21:30 - 00:30). Unfortunately, at exactly 23:30 Edgar ended the show, it even seemed a bit abruptly. They only returned for a single two-track encore. Edgar joined Linda on.. I guess it was Dreamtime - one of the sax tracks anyway - on guitar, which might be a rare occasion. Yet I still would have preferred seeing at least one real "Edgar guitar track" (Hamlet, Ride On A Ray...). So, Cloudburst Flight was the end, and even that one was shortened a bit. In the closing words, there was no real explanation why at least 40 minutes of the show were missing. Ok, it was a little cold, but no rain, and still a few hundred people in the venue that were freezing just to see TD.

I chose Northeim over Berlin because I thought it might be "something different", and also because I like open air shows, but if the Berlin show's going to be 3hrs (maybe even plus encores), I'm gonna get a little frustrated... Maybe some explanation can be given here why the show was shortened? :wink:

Apart from being too short, the show was quite convincing with very nice visuals. The late 80s/early 90s were almost completely left out though, but that's just my personal taste, maybe others prefer it that way. :wink:
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

back from nirtheim and on the jump to berlin:

opener of northeim was kiew mission (2009) ........... there was another unkown track in the middle of the concert (maybe from the new concert ep?).......... the show was great, weather cold, sometimes rainy........... the fingers of linda were frozen......... maybe the temperatures stopped them playing.......... edgar becomes very thin and has a long braid under his hat.
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

Detroit Snackbar Dreamer wrote:Hello everyody, I'm new here. :D

Well, I just returned from Northeim - not totally satisfied. It had been announced by the organiser and also here that it would be 3 hour show (21:30 - 00:30). Unfortunately, at exactly 23:30 Edgar ended the show, it even seemed a bit abruptly. They only returned for a single two-track encore. Edgar joined Linda on.. I guess it was Dreamtime - one of the sax tracks anyway - on guitar, which might be a rare occasion. Yet I still would have preferred seeing at least one real "Edgar guitar track" (Hamlet, Ride On A Ray...). So, Cloudburst Flight was the end, and even that one was shortened a bit. In the closing words, there was no real explanation why at least 40 minutes of the show were missing. Ok, it was a little cold, but no rain, and still a few hundred people in the venue that were freezing just to see TD.

I chose Northeim over Berlin because I thought it might be "something different", and also because I like open air shows, but if the Berlin show's going to be 3hrs (maybe even plus encores), I'm gonna get a little frustrated... Maybe some explanation can be given here why the show was shortened? :wink:

Apart from being too short, the show was quite convincing with very nice visuals. The late 80s/early 90s were almost completely left out though, but that's just my personal taste, maybe others prefer it that way. :wink:
Hello D.S.D and welcome to the Forum. There may well have been a strict time slot for the concert, as in Frankfurt 2007 which seemed to end abruptly. Not down to Edgar & Co, I'm afraid, but, either the organizers or the venue regulations. I can well understand your frustration. :( :arrow:
la sagesse du destin

Thank you Krismopompas and DSD for your comments.
Impressions about tracklist, about sound and lights of the show,about closing words and about others bands from the night are welcome.
The show was filmed?

Charles
www.tangram-dream.fr
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

la sagesse du destin wrote:Thank you Krismopompas and DSD for your comments.
Impressions about tracklist, about sound and lights of the show,about closing words and about others bands from the night are welcome.
The show was filmed?

Charles
Yes - I echo your thanks Charles. Nice to take the time to keep us poor deprived souls fed!
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Nice to read your reactions to the show. I look forward to more reviews. And maybe some of you have even had the time to listen to the new CDs already? :-)
Detroit Snackbar Dreamer

Post by Detroit Snackbar Dreamer »

prophetfive wrote:There may well have been a strict time slot for the concert, as in Frankfurt 2007 which seemed to end abruptly. Not down to Edgar & Co, I'm afraid, but, either the organizers or the venue regulations. I can well understand your frustration. :( :arrow:
I don't think so in this case, because both TD and organiser announced 21:30 - 00:30. If there had been a curfew, it would have been known in advance. And also the Waldbühne was hidden really, really deep inside a forest (with a very dark, sometimes unlit road leading up to it), nobody lived nearby. And the woman at merchandising also confirmed that the show was shortened.

And ok, it was 11° celsius - but they could have taken a break to warm up instead of just stopping. The rain had stopped when they started, and they were not sitting on wet benches on stage in contrast to the audience... "Poland" must have been a hell lot colder I guess... :lol:

This show was not filmed by the way. I didn't take notes of the setlist, but I remember: Fire On The Mountain, Hunter, Logos, Leviathan, Lord Nelson, No Man's Land, One Night in Space... I'm sure someone has the complete one.

The (quite good) new track with the Fender reverb style guitar in the middle might have been from "Winter in Hiroshima", it's not on the new cupdisc which I bought (I would have bought more if the concert had been full-length :wink: ). As you know, "A Cage" contains Kiev 2009 as well as two new tracks, of which I personally like the first one better (more in the thread for rhis release, I'm sure there is one).
la sagesse du destin

Detroit Snackbar Dreamer wrote:
prophetfive wrote:There may well have been a strict time slot for the concert, as in Frankfurt 2007 which seemed to end abruptly. Not down to Edgar & Co, I'm afraid, but, either the organizers or the venue regulations. I can well understand your frustration. :( :arrow:
I don't think so in this case, because both TD and organiser announced 21:30 - 00:30. If there had been a curfew, it would have been known in advance. And also the Waldbühne was hidden really, really deep inside a forest (with a very dark, sometimes unlit road leading up to it), nobody lived nearby. And the woman at merchandising also confirmed that the show was shortened.

And ok, it was 11° celsius - but they could have taken a break to warm up instead of just stopping. The rain had stopped when they started, and they were not sitting on wet benches on stage in contrast to the audience... "Poland" must have been a hell lot colder I guess... :lol:

This show was not filmed by the way. I didn't take notes of the setlist, but I remember: Fire On The Mountain, Hunter, Logos, Leviathan, Lord Nelson, No Man's Land, One Night in Space... I'm sure someone has the complete one.

The (quite good) new track with the Fender reverb style guitar in the middle might have been from "Winter in Hiroshima", it's not on the new cupdisc which I bought (I would have bought more if the concert had been full-length :wink: ). As you know, "A Cage" contains Kiev 2009 as well as two new tracks, of which I personally like the first one better (more in the thread for rhis release, I'm sure there is one).
Very interesting.
With 4 tracks and perhaps more, Views From a Red Train is definitively an Album that Edgar and TD like to play live.

Charles
www.tangram-dream.fr
fgourlot

Post by fgourlot »

Guys,

You can see a extract video of the concert find on internet. Music seems fantastic !!!

http://video.google.fr/videosearch?sour ... a=N&tab=wv#

I will be on Olympia Concert in March.

François
François from Paris