Concerts 2014

tdream4ever
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Concerts 2014

Post by tdream4ever »

dream-fan wrote:The point to me: Is TD a band today? To me, it' s not. It was a band in the 70s and 80s, today it is a "project". Maybe call it the "Edgar Froese Project" (with Alan Parsons in mind...). There are 6 musicians on stage today, okay, but 90 % of all new compostions are from Edgar, the rest from Thorsten. This is not what I call a "band", the other musicians are replacable. Or would anyone go to a TD-concert if Edgar would say "sorry, I will no longer perform on stage, but here are the other guys...".

I am still a big fan of TD, I admire the new Chandra-Album, but I am not interested in Live-Shows, watching my idol of the 70s and 80s sitting behind his Computer.
Funny you should say that about when Edgar is done performing live. A few of us were talking about just that in Cologne after the first concert. Who would take over after Edgar retires from touring? Thorsten Q? No. I don't think so. Once Edgar retires from touring that is it. Will the name Tangerine Dream continue? Yes, maybe Edgar will still put out albums but without the rest of the band. Projects. Maybe with other artist including TQ. Or maybe solo works. Maybe this is the end of Chapter one. A new chapter awaits us. I like the name Edgar Froese Project. :)
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

I enjoyed the second Cologne concert very much. In fact I was glad that the set list included many of the recent TD tunes. I think TD has never been better than in the last 8 - 9 years.
TD has always been Edgar's baby. For live shows he has a bunch of great musicians around him. Just think of Iris' powerful percussion, Linda's flute and sax solos or Hoshiko's violin melodies (Logos was just stunning with her contribution). And Thorsten is a skilled keyboard player (and don't forget, some of the finest compositions in recent years were his, just like the great concert finale "The Silver Boots Of Bartlett Green"). That IS a great band.
I love every piece of music TD produced since 2005, just as much or even more than the music from the 70's or 80's. :D
TD Eye

Post by TD Eye »

burningbrain wrote:no next stop Still Cologne today.
Yes, I know. I meant for us :wink:

Main sets in Vienna same as elsewhere. The encores:

1. Phaedra 2005
2. Darkness Veiling The Night
3. Streethawk
4. The Silver Boots Of Bartlett Green
Members and non-members only please.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

MrCox wrote:I enjoyed the second Cologne concert very much. In fact I was glad that the set list included many of the recent TD tunes. I think TD has never been better than in the last 8 - 9 years.
TD has always been Edgar's baby. For live shows he has a bunch of great musicians around him. Just think of Iris' powerful percussion, Linda's flute and sax solos or Hoshiko's violin melodies (Logos was just stunning with her contribution). And Thorsten is a skilled keyboard player (and don't forget, some of the finest compositions in recent years were his, just like the great concert finale "The Silver Boots Of Bartlett Green"). That IS a great band.
I love every piece of music TD produced since 2005, just as much or even more than the music from the 70's or 80's. :D
Well said! And I agree. :-)
paul wood

Post by paul wood »

I think it's inevitable that a group with the lifespan of TD will have fans divided by their appreciation of various eras. Members of TD have come & gone down the years. Each one has obviously added their own individual stamp on the group's 'sound' and its hard not to have favourites. I first saw the band live in 1982 and I have a particular fondness for the Schmoelling/Haslinger years. For me personally, this was TD at the best. However, that is just a personal opinion. All the other era of TD have legions of supporters and this is exactly how it should be.

For my part, I always thought it was a shame that TD adopted the 'greatest hits' style with their live performances. When I first saw them in concert, three quarters of the music was brand new. I thought this was an amazing concept & made each concert a fresh experience. It was especially exciting if any of the new stuff subequently surfaced on the next album. However, having personally worked in theatre now for several decades, I have to admit that it is precisely that style that often puts fans off! At one gig a few years back, an artist at our venue wanted to perform entire chunks of new stuff. The audience was far from happy...they had paid to hear the old favourites & were very vocal in their feelings!

At the end of the day, each TD is at liberty to find their own path of appreciation. I wouldn't have it any other way.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Does anyone know,what the free gift for TDOC members was, at the concerts :?:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
ant

Post by ant »

:D It was access to a special download later in the year for Chapter 1 of the new autobiography narrated by Edgar himself. :D
Biggus Dickus
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

ant wrote::D It was access to a special download later in the year for Chapter 1 of the new autobiography narrated by Edgar himself. :D
Thank you,Richard. Much appreciated 8)
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

epsilon75 wrote:
ant wrote::D It was access to a special download later in the year for Chapter 1 of the new autobiography narrated by Edgar himself. :D
Don't quote me on this Col, but I believe even if you did not receive the gift at any of the concert all in TDOC will have access to it in Oct.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

tdream4ever wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Don't quote me on this Col, but I believe even if you did not receive the gift at any of the concert all in TDOC will have access to it in Oct.
Thank you,David. Now I know what the gift is,I would much prefer to wait for the book release. Long live the K[cen-sored] ;-)
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

epsilon75 wrote:Thank you,David. Now I know what the gift is,I would much prefer to wait for the book release. Long live the K[cen-sored] ;-)
I think there also was a printed matter in the envelope. Something for collectors. I did not get the gift either, although I attended the meet and greet in London. But Eastgate will kindly send it out to me. I am very happy for that. I guess all TDOC members will get one if they want one.
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

Nope. Only thing I got in my envelope was a note about the download.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

tdfan wrote:Nope. Only thing I got in my envelope was a note about the download.
Though it was more because I saw many got it signed.
GaryNovaScotia

Post by GaryNovaScotia »

2014 Concerts attended: 8

Fan Meet and Greets attended: 8

Nights with visit at merch table: 8

"TD gift envelopes": 0
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Insvims wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Thank you,David. Now I know what the gift is,I would much prefer to wait for the book release. Long live the K[cen-sored] ;-)
I think there also was a printed matter in the envelope. Something for collectors. I did not get the gift either, although I attended the meet and greet in London. But Eastgate will kindly send it out to me. I am very happy for that. I guess all TDOC members will get one if they want one.
Thank you for the update,Thomas 8) If there is something collectable in the envelope,I would be very interested. However,if the items are all gone,then good luck to those,that managed to get one. 8)