Shephers Bush Empire - Friday 23rd May

Force Maysuere
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Shephers Bush Empire - Friday 23rd May

Post by Force Maysuere »

Thankfully the technical problems reported by TDLUDO in Paris were sorted last night as I felt the band gave a superb performance mixing old with new- Josephine & the Mouse Singer an unusual but wonderful song, I wont spoil the "surprise." If this was the Farewell tour I would say the band went out in a blaze of glory. I took a friend to the concert, she had never seen TD before and was simply blown away by the music and wished she had discovered the group years ago. Thanks to all in the band, a wonderful memory of a great concert, a great programme and new cupdisc. To those of you going to the concert n Nijmegem tonight.....you are in for a treat.
HarryPotter No7

Re: Shephers Bush Empire - Friday 23rd May

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

It was good to see such a big turn out for this concert, everyone seemed in really good spirits. I took my wife for the second time and she enjoyed it much more than in 2012. As usual the merch stand was a complete nightmare, if you suffer from claustrophobia then the best thing was steer clear! After about 30 minutes of relentless pushing and shoving I eventually got close to the front only to be told they had run out of tour programmes (as well as the 2014 tour t shirts). How on earth this was allowed to happen I don't know and there were plenty of unhappy customers to say the least. Anyhow more mysteriously appeared in time for the interval so I was pleased in the end, I hope everyone else was able to get theirs who missed out beforehand like I did. That said, the concert was good, I would have liked to hear more vintage TD and I could have thought of a lot better openers than the one they played but I guess they can't please everyone. All in all a pleasant evening and I wish them well for the rest of the tour. I thought Edgar looked very frail and couldn't make out a single word he said at the end but he did seem in good spirit. If we are treated to another visit on these shores then I will certainly be there.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Loved the show last night. Great to meet the whole band after the show. Can't be easy playing a very demanding show and then having to meet n' greet afterwards.

I hate to think that this will be the last time I'll ever get to see TD but if it is then it was a great finish.

My sincere thanks to everyone involved in making it such a memorable show.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
ant

Post by ant »

:D Great show on Friday and do hope they will be able to come to the UK sometime in a one-off show but Edgar was looking frail so who knows?? I too could not make out what he was saying at the end. That of course may be partly due to his bad jaw fracture at the start of 2013. I met them all after the show and shook Edgar's hand. They all signed my e-ticket and had a nice little chat with all. Thank you TD for a wonderful evening and I hope the rest of the tour goes as well as Friday night. was good to meet Colin again - did not see you at the Meet and Greet sir, did you not make it? Anyway a great lot of memories from the gig and I hope Edgar keeps well and gives us much more great music in the years ahead as he is a Legend in my eyes and a big part of my life. God bless you Mr Froese!! :D
Biggus Dickus
andyk

Post by andyk »

:D So glad I made the (considerable) effort to get to the show. Great concert, and it was also really good to do a bit of "Queue-bonding" before we managed to gain entry. By the way, with regard to the chat I had with the guy from (I think) Derby; great to meet you, and please persevere with "Purgatorio"; I promise you it'll be worth the effort. I suppose I'm biased, being at the RFH concert in 2004. Anyway, great concert, with some vintage tracks from all eras.
Yes, I agree Edgar did look a little frail at the end. I suspect (and dearly hope) it's just the effects of exhaustion from the rigours of touring, what with coming fairly quickly from the "Cruise to the Edge" (photos in the programme looked great [oh, how I wish I'd been there!!!!!]), and then doing Paris and London on consecutive nights; blimey, I'm 9-years younger than Edgar, and I was "knackered" with the effort of just getting to London.
Anyway, many happy returns to Edgar for your 70th on 6th June; I hope the Moscow concert goes well, and you get as good a crowd as attended at the O2 at Shepherd's Bush. If that was a "farewell", many, many thanks for all the pleasure you've given me over the decades. I'll continue to fly the flag for you down here in Somerset (South-West England), and sincerely hope you're able to grace this country again with your presence,
Kind regards,
Andy K
Taunton, Somerset
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I would just like to thank Tangerine Dream for their wonderful,touching,very emotional & fitting memorium,to our great friend Tim Pullen last Friday. I know it was very much appreciated by Carmen, and all of Tim's friends who were present on the night. There was hardly a dry eye in the house.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Janus

Post by Janus »

As you know Colin in over 35 years myself as a TD Fan and like you a close friend of Tim and the amazing human being that he was,
I can quite honestly say that when his tribute was performed it was one of the most poignant and heartfelt moments that I have
ever experienced in any of the TD concerts I've been fortunate enough to be at by the band over the years. Tim was simply one
of life's truly beautiful and genuine souls we were fortunate enough to have known, a TD fan through and through and their special tribute
I certainly will never forget. To me it shows their greatness and compassion on so many levels other than just music and I hope
in some small way helped with poor Carmen's loss. I know it wasn't an easy day for her to be there on Friday but I am so glad she was
able to make it, and was able to be with good friends and the band that meant so very much to Tim.
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Janus wrote:As you know Colin in over 35 years myself as a TD Fan and like you a close friend of Tim and the amazing human being that he was,
I can quite honestly say that when his tribute was performed it was one of the most poignant and heartfelt moments that I have
ever experienced in any of the TD concerts I've been fortunate enough to be at by the band over the years. Tim was simply one
of life's truly beautiful and genuine souls we were fortunate enough to have known, a TD fan through and through and their special tribute
I certainly will never forget. To me it shows their greatness and compassion on so many levels other than just music and I hope
in some small way helped with poor Carmen's loss. I know it wasn't an easy day for her to be there on Friday but I am so glad she was
able to make it, and was able to be with good friends and the band that meant so very much to Tim.
As a TD fan for many years I have seen him mentioned many times. Still I am not sure who he was. Can you tell a little bit about who he was in the TD universe? With respect.
Janus

Post by Janus »

Insvims wrote:
Janus wrote:As you know Colin in over 35 years myself as a TD Fan and like you a close friend of Tim and the amazing human being that he was,
As a TD fan for many years I have seen him mentioned many times. Still I am not sure who he was. Can you tell a little bit about who he was in the TD universe? With respect.
Tim was simply one lovely, genuine guy with a heart of gold who you always felt better off after being in his company. He was also a great
musician/guitarist in his own right with the band Obsession. With a few of us Tim was at the forefront of a lot of our special TD fan
meets and charity raffles we organised. Never a bad word for anyone, no ego and always there to help. He came up with the idea of a long
overdue special award for TD which off his own back which he had designed, produced and was presented to Edgar. He and Carmen
always made every concert or fan meet they were at that extra bit special. Personally speaking there are few people one is fortunate enough
to meet in their lifetime like Tim who was there to give a helping hand,some wise words of advice when needed and thinking of
others first. We all miss him deeply.
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Janus wrote:
Insvims wrote:
Tim was simply one lovely, genuine guy with a heart of gold who you always felt better off after being in his company. He was also a great
musician/guitarist in his own right with the band Obsession. With a few of us Tim was at the forefront of a lot of our special TD fan
meets and charity raffles we organised. Never a bad word for anyone, no ego and always there to help. He came up with the idea of a long
overdue special award for TD which off his own back which he had designed, produced and was presented to Edgar. He and Carmen
always made every concert or fan meet they were at that extra bit special. Personally speaking there are few people one is fortunate enough
to meet in their lifetime like Tim who was there to give a helping hand,some wise words of advice when needed and thinking of

A wonderful overview of a warmly remembered friend. Allways in our thoughts.
...The wise.....are silent.....
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Janus wrote:
Insvims wrote:
Thanks for this overview. Unfortunately I never met him.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Janus wrote:
Insvims wrote:
Fitting words Chris,just about sums him up in a nutshell. He was undoubtedly one of the nicest guys I had the privilege to meet,and all through our love of Tangerine Dream. We became good friends,and I miss him like a Brother.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Force Maysuere

Post by Force Maysuere »

Stuck at the back in the cheapy seats, we could not see the tribute to Tim that came up on screen during Josephine The Mouse Singer. I have seen the clip on You Tube where the memorium to Tim can be seen. I never met Tim but had seen the words about him on the Forum. I just thought it was pure class that the band took the time out to remember one of their fans during the concert, I cant ever remember another band doing so. A great gesture from a great band.