+++ TD IN AUSTRALIA IN NOVEMBER +++

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

+++ TD IN AUSTRALIA IN NOVEMBER +++

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

Hi Guys,

Tangerine Dream’s “Quantum Years” will start on November 16th with the opening theme from “Ricochet” played by Edgar on the greatest pipe organ in the Southern hemisphere. Location is the big Town Hall of Melbourne, Australia, a concert organized by the MELBOURNE MUSIC WEEK (MMW) in association with Goethe-Institut.

http://thatsmelbourne.com.au/mmw

The concert will last for about 2 hours and will be purely played on electronic and electrified instruments. Edgar’s colleagues on this very special event will be: THORSTEN QUAESCHNING: synthesizer, piano, pipe organ. HOSHIKO YAMANE: electric cello + violin, electric Erhu, electronic yangqin. ULRICH SCHNAUSS: synthesizer, piano.

More detailed information regarding this concert and other projects will be posted very soon.

PS: There will be a SECOND DIFFERENT concert by TD on 20 November in Melbourne, taking place in a big cinema of the city. More details soon!

Regards,
EB (ADMIN)

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Re: +++ TD IN AUSTRALIA IN NOVEMBER +++

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

:D
Wow!!

Flights to OZZ cost ?? :wink:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Awesome news. :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Yes, great news! Very excited about the next era of the mighty Tangerine Dream! :D
ant

Post by ant »

:) Even if I could afford the fare to Australia it would be a bit tricky as I am off to New York for 10 days commencing 21st November!! Any chance of you flying to NYC Edgar for a concert say between 24th and 29th November? That would be truly amazing. Oh well, I can but Tangerine Dream :roll:
Biggus Dickus
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

First ticket & hotel booked for the town hall. The dates suit as i will be on R & R from the LNG plant these exact dates.
The flight down will be 4 hours from Gladstone with a stopover in Sydney ... Cool to see the TD hit these shores after so long

Just waiting on link for the Cinema Gig next

Geoff :D 8)
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Taximan431 wrote:First ticket & hotel booked for the town hall. The dates suit as i will be on R & R from the LNG plant these exact dates.
The flight down will be 4 hours from Gladstone with a stopover in Sydney ... Cool to see the TD hit these shores after so long

Just waiting on link for the Cinema Gig next

Geoff :D 8)
Great news for the Aussie fans who have not had their fair share of TD over the years.
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

Thanks Steve C ... Yes for sure . I am originally from Dublin in Ireland ... I moved out here in August 2010 up till then I was getting to just about all TD concerts but since the move out I had to let the Mandarin Tour & Farewell Tour pass me by . So this is a great opportunity to get the TD fix again :)
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

electric yangqin... isn't that what Linda played in the last gigs?
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

GlynRichards wrote:electric yangqin... isn't that what Linda played in the last gigs?
I can only find pictures like this of the yangqin:

Not sure how the electric one looks like. Maybe the same, but modified in a way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yangqin#Electric_yangqin
tangram4ever

Post by tangram4ever »

GlynRichards wrote:electric yangqin... isn't that what Linda played in the last gigs?

No, Linda played a "BODY TAMBURA" - see Tour Programme!

A wonderful sound especially in connection with the brilliant new PHAEDRA 2014 version, liked it very much.
"Should we receive the Grammy one day I already have reserved a place in my bathroom toilet. Before then I subsitute the place with a wonderful Donald Duck replica." Quote from EDGAR FROESE in KULTURNEWS on 11th April 2014.:-)))
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Good luck Edgar with the new line up - only a matter of days until the start of the Quantum Years. Can't wait to hear reports, see You Tube clips and photos from the Australia gig
Justin

Post by Justin »

Yeah, very exciting. Hope the shows go well and look forward to the info etc as it feeds through.
Look for the sounds of Digital Horizons at http://digitalhorizons.bandcamp.com/ and on iTunes, CDBaby, Amazon Downloads and Reverbnation.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

I will add my best good luck wishes as well. Really looking forward to all the news from the concerts... and please, please send out Mala Kunia as fast as possible! 8) :wink: