Tangerine Dream Trees Series

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

drmusicj wrote:Yes thank you
From about 20 onwards sounds like a drill......LOL

Im not necessarily complaining. I was just curious if I should find a better source. Is the bootleg box plagued wth this too?
no the Bootleg Box sets are clean. Worth every penny. Stunning gigs

I think you may have a dodgy transfer as my vol 8 is pretty good.
drmusicj

Post by drmusicj »

I don't normally have sensitive listening problems but that stretch where it sounds like a drill mixed with a revving engine kind of kept me from total enjoyment.
Likewise Bilbao has similar issues which...given that you tell me Berlin was fixed for the Bootleg box I will assume that Bilbao was as well?

On a somewhat related note since Bernau 2001 wasn't on either set did someone ever index the cd as it is shown on Voices in the Net's website?
(Yes I have the official release)

Thanks to all for the friendly informative chat.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

drmusicj wrote:I don't normally have sensitive listening problems but that stretch where it sounds like a drill mixed with a revving engine kind of kept me from total enjoyment.
Likewise Bilbao has similar issues which...given that you tell me Berlin was fixed for the Bootleg box I will assume that Bilbao was as well?

On a somewhat related note since Bernau 2001 wasn't on either set did someone ever index the cd as it is shown on Voices in the Net's website?
(Yes I have the official release)

Thanks to all for the friendly informative chat.

as far as I know jerome remastered the Bootleg Boxsets, and did a brilliant job

comparing my bilbao tree to the bootleg box version: the box version is slightly sharper, cleaner........(incredible concert.....I love the out of time clapping..)

ps: I enjoy the sound of drills

:P :P
drmusicj

Post by drmusicj »

Oh I have nothing against drills OR revving engines...ust maybe not so much on my TD trees (unless it sometime is ever intended as an addition,,,,like DAFFY DUCK in PURPLE HAZE)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

drmusicj wrote:Oh I have nothing against drills OR revving engines...ust maybe not so much on my TD trees (unless it sometime is ever intended as an addition,,,,like DAFFY DUCK in PURPLE HAZE)
:D :wink:

maybe some of the fans recorded the gigs from outside the venue

as far as Im concerned live TD from 68-circa poland, is total magic, with particular immensity around 74-77 , ish

:wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
drmusicj

Post by drmusicj »

Enjoying my weekend by catching up on my newly gained trees 1-37

Looks like Ill purchase the legit boot boxes from secondary sources unless there is a chance they will be reissued again?
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

drmusicj wrote:Enjoying my weekend by catching up on my newly gained trees 1-37

Looks like Ill purchase the legit boot boxes from secondary sources unless there is a chance they will be reissued again?
im not sure if the BBs will be reissued, but in any case they are worth acquiring thats for sure.

whats your favourite live TD so far?

:arrow:
timer

Post by timer »

drmusicj wrote:Enjoying my weekend by catching up on my newly gained trees 1-37

Both Bootleg Box sets sre usually found on Ebay - but prices can be a little on steep side ! :shock:
MrCox

Post by MrCox »

The Bootleg Box Sets are worth every penny. Of course all concerts could be found on Tree discs, but having them on official releases is something special.
My favourite concert on the Bootleg Box Sets is Nottingham 1976. In this year TD seemed to play only fantastic concerts (a Tree favourite of mine is Mannheim 1976).
drmusicj

Post by drmusicj »

Oh I'm not new to TD listening I just recently had some stuff happen and have gotten back into finding new stuff hence my newness to the trees

I don't download legally available product as I work in music retail

That said I honestly love the 220 volts and Encore equally
Last edited by drmusicj on Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

MrCox wrote:The Bootleg Box Sets are worth every penny. Of course all concerts could be found on Tree discs, but having them on official releases is something special.
My favourite concert on the Bootleg Box Sets is Nottingham 1976. In this year TD seemed to play only fantastic concerts (a Tree favourite of mine is Mannheim 1976).

oh yes, some of the 76 concerts are just totally brilliant

Notts 76 (the squeaking seats.....) is a pure musical diamond...solid gold, music direct from true genius :D :D
drmusicj

Post by drmusicj »

Any input on the Bernau indexing?
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

drmusicj wrote:Any input on the Bernau indexing?
sorry, I dont have Bernau :wink:

hopefully some other fan could help you. :idea:
phaedra1974

Post by phaedra1974 »

You can see in my previous posts that I like the whole Tangerine Tree and Leaves very much. I haven´t got them all, but hope to get them soon. It´s not only the music also the great artwork. I think that this is a very unique fan project and I don´t know any band where fans does something like this with so much perfection.

Here is my personal Top 10 of the Tangerine Tree:

1. REIMS CATHEDRAL 1974
My absolute favourite. Listen to it with closed eyes and you can imagine sitting in that cathedral. That´s a really great experience.

2. ROYAL ALBERT HALL LONDON 1975
I can hear that again and again. Great sound quality. Part 2 could be called „Rubycon part 3“. I really look forward to see the Royal Albert Hall in April. I never was there but know a lot of pictures from that show.
Fantastic!!!

3. NOTTINGHAM 1976
My favourite from the 1976 tour. Part one is one of my all time favourite live tracks.

4. BILBAO 1976
Great concert from early 1976. Sometimes it sounds a lot like Ricochet. The spanish people were in a very good mood at that evening what you can hear over the whole concert.

5. HAMBURG 1978
My favourite concert from that tour. Although it´s not complete I think it is musically much better than the other concerts from that tour.

6. COLOGNE KLANGWALD 1972
Great cosmic music. The first part are great organ experiences and the second part could be the fifth movement of Zeit. Absolutely brilliant!!!

7. MONTREAL 1977
My favourite from the North American Tour.

8. BRUSSELS 1976
There were two concerts in Brussels in 1976. One in february and one at the end of that year. Both were absolutely brilliant.

9. ORANGE 1975
Although the sound quality is very bad I like that very much. The heaviest sequences I ever heard from Chris Franke.

10. ALL ASSORTED SECRETS
Great lost music from early TD archiv material („Bath Tube Sessions“, „Ossiach Lake“...). I also like very much the early soundtracks „Geradeaus bis zum morgen“ or „Ein für alle mal“ with very untypical TD music or the Edgar Froese soundtracks from the late 70s. There is some completely different to all other TD music. And that´s the reason why I like TD so much, because they have so many sides of music...
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

well, these are pretty much my favourites as well, just the greatest live music, totally wonderful and awe inspiring.

Maybe mine would be in a different order and have washington lisner 77 in there as well to make the perfect 11 .

But this 10 pretty much defines the magic of classic TD music.

and not one of the modern tribute / homage bands can ever match the invention, dynamism, scope, genius, commanding power of the music. Ever.