Rant about TD DVD'S

T4N63R1N3 DR34M
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Bump on a very old post....

Out of interest, what was this project and do we know about it now ?
Erik

Post by Erik »

HYPERBOREA wrote: How about the following track listing for the next concert !

Valley of the Sun
Summer Storm
Tiergarten
Madrigal Meridian
Snow on Dragons Peak
Haze of Fame
Polish Dance
Horizon
Sungate
FaIrfax
Marakesh
Long Island Sunset
In the Cherry Blossom HillS
Navel of Light Part 2
Charly the Kid
Rubycon Part 1
San Buena Ventura
Death of a Nightingale
Cyclone 2011
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Maybe it is time for a TD Blu Ray of vintage un-Tangentised archive material, preserved for posterity and future generations... come on Ed!!! You know it will sell!!! ;-)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

TangFanIRL wrote:Maybe it is time for a TD Blu Ray of vintage un-Tangentised archive material, preserved for posterity and future generations... come on Ed!!! You know it will sell!!! ;-)
I'll have a copy. :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Chris Monk wrote:
TangFanIRL wrote:Maybe it is time for a TD Blu Ray of vintage un-Tangentised archive material, preserved for posterity and future generations... come on Ed!!! You know it will sell!!! ;-)
I'll have a copy. :wink:
and me

I would love a night of Cinema music (forbidden etc now that would be good ..........go on edgar you rebel !!!
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Having bought all of TD's dvd's I've only watched one of them more than once...seems an awful waste of money on my part. But I had to have them and wouldn't part with them. :oops:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

sparrow wrote:Having bought all of TD's dvd's I've only watched one of them more than once...seems an awful waste of money on my part. But I had to have them and wouldn't part with them. :oops:

Three Phase is still my fave TD DVD
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

cantosis wrote:
sparrow wrote:Having bought all of TD's dvd's I've only watched one of them more than once...seems an awful waste of money on my part. But I had to have them and wouldn't part with them. :oops:

Three Phase is still my fave TD DVD
Yeah I like that one would have been better with more footage but I love that period of TD..
Jon

Post by Jon »

http://www.helpguide.org/topics/addiction.htm

:wink:

But seriously, buying all of them and only watching them once indeed seems like a waste of money. I own Dante's Inferno, Tempodrome, Madcap's Flaming Duty and Orange Odyssey on DVD. I don't have any immediate plans of buying further TD DVDs.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

ditto :lol:
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

I have the Phaedra anniversary only I think ... have to check.

All in all, since I have seen them 3 times, and I enjoyed the original line up as much as the Phaedra Anniversary ... I'm not a collector. But I love the music, and I can close my eyes and live and die with it.

As much as I like, check that ... love ... TD, this insane addiction to everything is crazy. I'm sure that Edgar and friends would love the extra dollar, but in the end, it is almost a glut on our part.

I can see this, HOWEVER, when it comes to the really old days, when the synths were tougher and the results changed every night, and it was all a different trip ... but today? ... I don't see it being as strong as it was then, due to the differences.

I just question that "quantity" is the mark of beauty and judgement and fame. I still believe in the "quality" ... and would rather see that than otherwise in all of TD's music! That said, if Edgar doesn't help and there is an improvisation that is 30 minutes long each night, we will have to torture him by the long hairs ... because then, these would be more valuable!

Sorry to sound different ... but I'm finding more fun listening to the earlier stuff than the later stuff. And the 3 bootlegs I remember hearing 30 years ago, were not worth the discussion ... Live USA was actually better and so was Ricochet!
Donofrio_TD

Post by Donofrio_TD »

Some concert DVD's I'd love to own are the ones from:

"Poland" (1983)

"Encore" (1977)

"220 Volt Live" (1992)

"Tangerine Tree # 38: Berlin 1987" (1987) This one would be great, seeing Chris Franke playing with Edgar and Paul for the very last time...

Never happening!!! :(

Aside from some of the material from "220 Volt Live" released in the "Live in America" VHS/DVD and some of "Poland" circulating around, I don't think there's any actual footage from any of these.

Same goes for any other releases from these eras. Even if there's still some of that footage around, possibilities are almost zero. A real shame, indeed.
marc x

Re: Rant about TD DVD'S

Post by marc x »

as its phaedras 40th anniversary for all dvd audio 5.1 surround freaks,myself included,
it would be teriffic if a release in this format was considered.
maybe porcupine trees steven wilson should be the man for the remix into 5.1 because hes done an amazing job on the kimg crimson catalogue,amongst others.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

marc x wrote:as its phaedras 40th anniversary for all dvd audio 5.1 surround freaks,myself included,
maybe porcupine trees steven wilson should be the man for the remix into 5.1 because hes done an amazing job on the kimg crimson catalogue,amongst others.
Steve Wilson would do a good job..If he had access to the muti tracks. If not it would be impossible. If Virgin/EMI/Universal have the multi tracks it would be impossible unless it was expected to sell in its thousands which I suspect it wouldn't.
regarding surround. I have all the equipment needed for a humble surround sound system. However the layout of our sitting room doesn't allow it to be put into effect. I would have to shift a helluva lot of cd's , records an other furniture out of our living space. :( never going to happen so unless a mate gets a set up I'm never gong to hear what I'm missing. :cry:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

sparrow wrote:
marc x wrote:as its phaedras 40th anniversary for all dvd audio 5.1 surround freaks,myself included,
Steve Wilson would do a good job..If he had access to the muti tracks. If not it would be impossible. If Virgin/EMI/Universal have the multi tracks it would be impossible unless it was expected to sell in its thousands which I suspect it wouldn't.
regarding surround. I have all the equipment needed for a humble surround sound system. However the layout of our sitting room doesn't allow it to be put into effect. I would have to shift a helluva lot of cd's , records an other furniture out of our living space. :( never going to happen so unless a mate gets a set up I'm never gong to hear what I'm missing. :cry:
My living room has a bit of an awkward layout, but you can (depending on your system) adjust the volume of individual speakers, so if
you're closer to the left rear speaker (for argument's sake) you can lower the volume of that one, and get a decent balance.
I've done that here and stuff sounds (to my ears) incredible. Pink Floyd - WYWH / DSOTM. Porcupine Tree - various