LOOM

tdream4ever
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: LOOM

Post by tdream4ever »

r4man wrote:
goozer wrote:Is anyone in the U.S. who ordered the CD on the first day of availability still awaiting delivery? I'm pretty sure I was one of the first fifty on the Moonpop page, but still no CD. :?
I purchased from them because it was not yet for sale on the Viktoriapark web site. I haven't received mine either. Maybe I should have waited and purchased from Viktoriapark. They have always been very prompt.
I ordered mine from Victoriapark same day it went on sale. Actually it was like an hour or two after it went on sale on Moonpop. I read all the traffic on facebook of Moonpop and a lot of those who were hoping to get the signed copy. I think I may of been the first or one of the first to purchase on Victoriapark(nobody else knew that it was on sale also on victoriapark). Not realizing that they also had signed copies. I think Moonpop and Victoriapark both had 50 signed copies each. It arrived last week in SoCal on Friday the day after Christmas. Signed! Scored!
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Overall a very good album although one track really gets on my nerves.
rigel

Post by rigel »

cantosis wrote:Overall a very good album although one track really gets on my nerves.
Out of curiosity, which track is that? I'm not overly keen on Track 3.

Aside from that, this album is a real grower. On first listen I wasn't sure. It is certainly more subdued than I was expecting, but it has hidden depths. Tracks 1, 2, and 5 certainly do it for me - especially No. 5, which is just sublime.

It's an interesting album and, in a way, who knew what to expect? The previous Loom releases have been made up, for the most part, of reworked TD tracks or solo stuff by Schmoelling and Jerome Froese. So an all new Loom studio album takes us into uncharted creative territory - three musicians playing off each other and maybe, with this album, finding their identity as a band. It's a mellow album generally, without being backround music. It's different perhaps to what some of us might have imagined, and yet one recognises lots of classic 80s TD sounds, plus some obvious nods to Jerome's solo material. The rather folksy sounds and voice samples in the latter half of the album are a nice surprise and I think work well.

Oh, and track 2, Cloudwalk, is beautiful and poignant. Someone who obviously likes that piece very much has put it up on youtube!
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

rigel wrote:
cantosis wrote:Overall a very good album although one track really gets on my nerves.

Aside from that, this album is a real grower. On first listen I wasn't sure. It is certainly more subdued than I was expecting, but it has hidden depths. Tracks 1, 2, and 5 certainly do it for me - especially No. 5, which is just sublime.

It's an interesting album and, in a way, who knew what to expect? The previous Loom releases have been made up, for the most part, of reworked TD tracks or solo stuff by Schmoelling and Jerome Froese. So an all new Loom studio album takes us into uncharted creative territory - three musicians playing off each other and maybe, with this album, finding their identity as a band. It's a mellow album generally, without being backround music. It's different perhaps to what some of us might have imagined, and yet one recognises lots of classic 80s TD sounds, plus some obvious nods to Jerome's solo material. The rather folksy sounds and voice samples in the latter half of the album are a nice surprise and I think work well.

Oh, and track 2, Cloudwalk, is beautiful and poignant. Someone who obviously likes that piece very much has put it up on youtube!

Cant remember of the top of my head but it has some annoying vocals, a bit like a half hearted Grace Jones.
rigel

Post by rigel »

cantosis wrote:
rigel wrote:

Cant remember of the top of my head but it has some annoying vocals, a bit like a half hearted Grace Jones.
LOL. That must be one of the tracks towards the end of the album. Will listen to it again and try to guess which one you mean :wink:
rigel

Post by rigel »

Track 8: "Chants Beyond the Underworld". I kind of see what you mean!
24db

Post by 24db »

One of last years most disappointing *albums for me - but track 2 is very good

*together with PPms and Karl Bartos's latest offerings.
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

rigel wrote:Track 8: "Chants Beyond the Underworld". I kind of see what you mean!
This is my favourite track on the whole CD, each to their own I guess, but the CD as a whole is definately not what I was expecting from JF or JS.
har

Post by har »

I think the LOOM album is brilliant. I love it. All of it.

Quite a different album from their initial stuff but this has really hit the spot with me. Especially 1) Polaroids 2) Cloudwalk 6) Bandhu 8) 8) 8) and also
9) The Celtic influenced track :P 8)

Brilliant stuff.

Any news of a DVD / Blu Ray of the gigs yet ?

Also anyone heard the Robert Waters solo album? I am fancying checking that out also.

LOOM 8)
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

har wrote:I think the LOOM album is brilliant. I love it. All of it.

Quite a different album from their initial stuff but this has really hit the spot with me. Especially 1) Polaroids 2) Cloudwalk 6) Bandhu 8) 8) 8) and also

Brilliant stuff.

Also anyone heard the Robert Waters solo album? I am fancying checking that out also.

LOOM 8)
I have to agree a great release, hoping for a Uk date soon.
Jon

Post by Jon »

har wrote:I think the LOOM album is brilliant. I love it. All of it.

Brilliant stuff.

LOOM 8)
What Waters solo album? Do you mean the EP?
har

Post by har »

Aye,

I see it is an EP right enough;

I've Seen The Invisible.
har

Post by har »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

har wrote:

No one going to give iz an idea if this is worth ordering or not ?
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

har

Post by har »

Ok cheers TD will check these links.

Would have been interested to hear fans views but no matter.

Obliged to ye.