Vernissage in honour of Edgar Froese Berlin 30 January 2016

TD Eye
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Vernissage in honour of Edgar Froese Berlin 30 January 2016

Post by TD Eye »

'The Art of How to Dream': Vernissage and concerts in honour of Edgar, on the occasion of the first anniversary of his death.
Location: Haus der Berliner Festspiele, Berlin 30th January 2016.

We have a lot of good memories of this great and very special evening in Berlin. We haven't read that much on the forum about this event, so we would like to share some of our impressions.

This musical evening surprisingly started with Linda playing a very emotional "Sally's Song". It really was beautiful!
After a reading from Edgar’s autobiography “Begegnung mit Salvador Dalí” (in German ánd English), and after the tombola, the concerts started. Besides solo performances of Thorsten (PPm), Ulrich and Hoshiko they also performed together as Tangerine Dream, the néw Tangerine Dream, for the first time. Although it had not been announced, this pleasant surprise didn't come very unexpectedly. We got the impression the audience did appreciate the music very much.

The atmosphere was quite intimite. The whole evening was like a 'never ending meet & greet'. We saw a lot of familiar faces and sometimes we could even 'put a face to a name'. We enjoyed speaking with Bianca and had a chat with the musicians and members of the Eastgate team. We were also pleased to meet Ulrich Schnauss for the first time.

At the merch a.o. Mai and Ricardo sold great items from the Zoom-O-Graphic collection and other recent articles from the Eastgate-store as 'Bausteins' benefiting the Tangaudimax project, Bianca's great project for the Tangerine Dream Sound Museum. From a catalogue of the acrylic paintings of Dante’s “La Divina Commedia” reproductions of the paintings, could be ordered in several sizes (1,20m x 1,20m, 1m x 1m, 0,8m x 0,8m etc.). If you are interested you can ask for more information at Eastgate. We like the artwork very much, highly recommended.

For those who like to know more details of the performances of PPm and TD this evening:

Picture Palace music.

Lineup:

Thorsten Quaeschning : Synthesizer, Vocals
Philip Michael Klenz : Guitar
Sascha Beator : Synthesizer
Sebastian Sadowski : Synthesizer
Thomas Wimmer : V-Drums
André Gutsmuths : Vocals
Anja Adam : Vocals

Setlist:

1. Realm of Possibilities
2. Another Goldfish Memory
3. Sleepwalking Marathon (is not Olympic)
4. Moon Dial
5. Farewell to Eliza
6. Skipping the distance

Tangerine Dream:

Lineup:

Thorsten Quaeschning : Synthesizer, Electric-Guitar
Ulrich Schnauss : Synthesizer, Ableton Live
Hoshiko Yamane : Violin

Setlist:

1. Mirage of Reality
2. Sorcerer Theme
3. Kiev Mission
4. Genesis of precious thoughts
5. Ricochet
6. Love on a real train
7. Mirage of Reality

Thanks to Thorsten for providing this information.

Finally, our special thanks go to Bianca, the Eastgate team and all others who made this special event possible.
We thank Andreas Müller for the great photos he made during the performances.

You all know The Art of How to Dream!

P.S. 1 -------

Until the 31st of March there is an official exhibition of the Zoom-O-Graphics of Edgar and the acrylic paintings of Bianca at the Morgenstern-Galerie, Budapesterstraße 14, 10787 Berlin (opening hours Mo-Fri 15.00 - 19.00h).

P.S. 2 -------

As already announced earlier on his site, a couple of days ago Andreas Müller published 5 (!) albums with beautiful photos of the Vernissage. Have a look at http://www.muellerphotos.com/

P.S. 3 -------

Lots of great pictures as well at http://www.schallwen.de >> Fotos >> Froese-Bilder und TD: Ausstellung und Konzerte in Berlin am 30.1.2016.
Members and non-members only please.
Hipgnosis

Re: Vernissage in honour of Edgar Froese Berlin 30 January 2

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

Thanks for posting this ... but you left a fan crying that is on the other side of the world, with no chance to ever see these things, and this could have been streamed ... easily enough.

It's sad, but sometimes it feels like the whole thing is a private club, and others don't have a chance, and will not have the chance ... and while I can not complain since I saw TD 4 times, and many others didn't, something like this deserves a wider audience and chance ... instead it gets buried "locally".

Not trying to sound bad, or to hurt the spirits of anyone and the desire to do the right thing ... but you left way too many folks behind ... way too many folks behind ... and I find this really sad!
ant

Post by ant »

:? I think that was the whole point of it. It was meant to be a small personal tribute to Edgar with a tiny number of 'lucky' people to attend and show their respect to the big man himself. It was not meant to be shared with the world over the internet and I personally think that is right. It does not want to be a big event otherwise that would be bringing it down to the Jeremy Kyle level. I think it was done the right way, even though I was unable to attend due to work commitments. :)
Biggus Dickus
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

I agree with ant here. This was a small personal tribute to honour the great man. Exclusive for some big fans. I don't see anything wrong with that. I did not have the opportunity to attend myself. But who knows, maybe there will be a CD release of the concerts.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Yeah, well if you look who it is that's whining........
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

I agree with ant, and I thank him for the gentleness and appreciation for our own caring so much that we want to be there ... the fish-stink comment was not necessary, I do not think!
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

Hi, @all
You might be there, it was not only for the "lucky"people or big fans.
Some of the big fans were not present!

Invitation could be read in the mailing by eastgate from 23-12-2015.
So if you are on the mailinglist, you could have read the invitaition.
So please do not complain !

I do not know what the maximum of invitations was, but the foyer had a maximun capacity.
See my short report :
http://www.tangerinedream-music.com/for ... c8#p189948

Invitation by email :
PS: If you like to take part at the VERNISSAGE on 30 January 2016 in Berlin (Haus der Berliner Festspiele, 5 pm)

you absolutely have to REGISTER for it by email to: vernissage-eastgate@gmx.com

This VERNISSAGE + SOLO CONCERTS (Thorsten, Ulrich and Hoshiko) will be in honour of Edgar,

his first day of death.

A detailed programme will be sent to you right after Christmas.

http://www.tangerinedream-music.com

https://www.facebook.com/TANGERINEDREAM.OFFICIAL

http://www.edgarfroese.com
Peter
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

My Report :
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:04 pm
Hi,

Just back form Berlin, "
Rememberance of Edgar Froese" , at the foyer of the HAUS DER BERLINER FESTSPIELE.

It was a nice meeting, guestlist of 200 people.
The new bandmembers were present.
Bianca had invited also old band members, source : eastgate music team.
Linda opened the meeting playing beautifull TD music, " Sally's Garden " .
Missed a lot of hardcore fans!
Only a few from UK, Danmark, Norway, Netherlands, Germany
The meeting and performance of the artists are videotaped, so maybe it will be published, did not ask Bianca.
Own music was played by the individual bandmembers, PPM.
The last songs played were some of TD.

It was an evening to be remembered, wish I could shared it with more fans.
Met also Christopher von Deylen, founder of the band Schiller.

I do not want to make an extensive report about this meeting.
This is all.

Peter