TD in London - ROYAL ALBERT HALL - 1st APRIL 2010

bigdaveh
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigdaveh »

It was nice to spent time with you and meet your good lady wife CJ. :)
The Stoke TDBA Division.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

epsilon75 wrote:
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:Hi Guys,

Edgar and the band like to thank you very much for your warm welcome in the Royal Albert Hall.
It was a pleasure for him and the band to perform again at that historic place with such an enthusiastic audience as you were.
Even to meet most of you guys posting in this forum here was a special event for them.
So, TD definitely will come back to London next year - in that case....with a very different programme.....!8)

Thanks for your incredible friendship!

All the best from
Edgar, Linda, Iris, Bernie, & Thorsten
posted by EB (ADMIN)
Ramble Mode =ON

Many thanks for the message EB.

To you BA,EF,LS,IC,TQ, BB and the whole Eastgate team, many thanks for a memorable and emotion packed evening at the RAH,it was a tremendous evening's entertainment.

If anyone was in any doubt about the passion that remains for this band you just had to look around the RAH last Thursday night and you would have got your answer. A 3,500 crowd of enthusiastic fans gathered in support and respect of Tangerine Dream and i am sure the vast majority of those went home with a big smile of satisfaction on their faces..

The fans to me are quite simply 2nd to none,a fantastic bunch of guys n gals i am proud to be part of and can call mates not only in a fan context but also outside of the music.

To Tim & Carmen,Doug & Marilyn,Andy & Nickie,Ron & Debs,Conrad & Friend,Big Dave & Ant,Peter (Holland),Stephen (BTF),Alan Miller and whoever else i missed for your fantastic and valued company on the eve of the show....

To all the above and Jon(BM) & Marcia,Mick & Faye,Darren M & Son,Matthew W,David Gunderman,Chris & Cath N,Gary J,Phil & Adam Corbett,Gazz Collins,my close mate John K,Stein E Finn,Charles Conserguet,Hansx,Neil (Jollyhawker),Julian Broome,Matthew Setchfield, & Ben for your company or stopping to chat at the pre-meet and after the show,and the many other's i met throughout the day of the show a massive thank you for your time and friendliness,if i have missed your name it is because i just can not remember them all but you are all great people. Still gutted i missed Ed & Mac

TD are still with us because we still want to see enjoy and listen to them,let us hope we can enjoy much more great music and many more concerts to come in future,let us keep that TD flag a flying 8) :)

I salute you :P :D

People came from around europe, France,Germany,Holland,Spain,Canada,USA and we even made our way to the concert with a young Brazilian student who delayed her flight home to Brazil because she heard that TD were in town...

That just says it all :)

Ramble Mode = OFF
Again, it was a memorable trip. One that will be with me forever. Seeing you smiling and happy at the fan meet and later on the evening sitting in front row center. I'm glad we got to sit down and chat during interval. The next Dream trip to London I promise to spend a few extra days so that we could do a post concert pub meet. Its just so damn expensive in London. Take care of your back and hope that all goes well for you and your surgery. To good health and till the next Dreamscape.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
stygof

Post by stygof »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hi to everyone here, especially to EB for taking the trouble to sort out my Forum membership: Thank you, thank you, thank you!

This is my first post and I would like to pay tribute to everyone involved in the RAH gig; obviously the band first & foremost, but also the many people behind the scenes who worked so hard to make it all happen. Believe me when I say that your efforts are appreciated by some of the most dedicated fans in the world.

I'd also like to thank the fans themselves, the few it was possible to meet before this and other gigs and the huge numbers who I haven't had the pleasure of meeting face to face.

Billy the Fish, Hans, Jacob P, Colin J and all the others whose names I can't recall; thanks for making the Builders Arms such a great meet!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
pb2rdf

Post by pb2rdf »

@all
3 video files uploaded from RAH gig.
I call these the Zeitgeist bits (visiting 3 consecutive gigs)
A 2nd was too long, have to split it in 2 parts.
That's all concerning RAH.
Also a few video files will be uploaded from Zoetermeer and Paris gigs
Please be patient ...... 8) :D

- Tangerine Dream Norwegian Wood
- Tangerine Dream Zeitgeist Royal Albert Hall 20100401 part1
- Tangerine Dream Zeitgeist Royal Albert Hall 20100401 part2

Peter.

PS you can download the youtube video files ie by using Realplayer download and install manager. Needs install of Realplayer (free download and use).
Video files and pictures of my hand may be used freely for private use.
Last edited by pb2rdf on Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Morpho

Post by Red Morpho »

I wonder if some kind soul can give me some advice on how to display / link some of my RAH photo's
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

pb2rdf wrote:@all
3 video files uploaded from RAH gig.
I call these the Zeitgeist bits (visiting 3 consecutive gigs)
A 2nd was too long, have to split it in 2 parts.
That's all concerning RAH.
Also a few video files will be uploaded from Zoetermeer and Paris gigs
Please be patient ...... 8) :D

- Tangerine Dream Norwegian Wood
- Tangerine Dream Zeitgeist Royal Albert Hall 20100401 part1
- Tangerine Dream Zeitgeist Royal Albert Hall 20100401 part2

Peter.

PS you can download the youtube video files ie by using Realplayer download and install manager. Needs instaal of Realplayer (free download and use).
Video files and pictures of my hand may be used freely for private use.
Excellent stuff Peter - thanks for sharing 8)
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Thanks Colin for the mention always a pleasure.

I have to say, hand on heart, the fan meets are for me almost as

pleasurable as the concerts.

What a fantastic bunch of people TD fans are i only wish i had more time

to get round to speak to more of you.

Until the next time !!!!
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
ant

Post by ant »

:( We know sadly that the RAH gig was not filmed, but hopefully we will get one from the Lisbon show, but I wonder what the chances are of a 3CD set of the RAH one?? EB - Any news on this?? :)
Biggus Dickus
24db

Re: Definition "Bombast" - pompous and grandiloque

Post by 24db »

rockyrobin wrote:"Good grief - why didn't he just post "I didn't like it" and save my time!"

Will Hodgkinson's Times review talks about the lack of subtlety, "delicacy", an excess of surface atmospherics, "bombastic sound". All 'style over substance', with little poetry, or art, presumably.

After a couple of days to reflect, I think our reviewer missed several subtle aspects which do need pointing out, & which made the show not at all as he states.

He more or less dismisses the greater part of 'set 1', given primarily over to 1980s. The subtlety was the careful balancing of the indulgence in a period, together with each piece nuanced, beautifully. These were glimpses and nothing more, tantalising for lovers of this period, but to the end, strictly economical. This was no medley, this was an overarching belief, & God did the word "quality" come to the fore as a result. As for "reflection", the bridging was sonically beautiful most of the time, the entrance of each recognisable pieces as subtle as you could wish for. This was no subjectivity on my part, it was there to be heard. So reducing, as he does, to "surface", and a cheap remark on leather trousers, misses some finer points, and implies
something superficial and Hollywoodesque.

There was no "delicacy thrown out the window" in the economy, imposed on the entire set. It was difficult to fault. It said to me, here's a band who will not, will not, be categorised. There were moments, countless, when they could've taken this period much much further - but isn't that the cleverest thing... keep 'em coming back for more Edgar...you chuffing genius you :)

TBC
when the Times accuse TD for being bombastic, they've obviously never experienced TD in the past...133db in 1976...this is TD not Brian Eno. Perhaps the bar acoustics weren't too good?
Force Maysuere

Post by Force Maysuere »

Trouble with my PC meant couldn't get on line earlier. Thanks to the band for a superb concert in brilliant surroundings. I thought the concert was typical Tangerine Dream - expect the unexpected. Sitting right at the back of the circle (slap bang in the middle) the sound was superb and agree to the earlier post that it could have been louder. The only downside, yet again, having to miss a bit of the concert due transport closing down in London so early (was with my brother who uses a walking stick so a 5 minute trip to the tube became 20 minutes!). was interviewed by Winkball after the gig but never made the final cut. They did ask one stupid question what was the one highlight - to me there were many. Link below for Winkball - 20 interviews posted.

http://www.winkball.com/
24db

Post by 24db »

great idea...cheers for the link

I respect the fans comments far more than the usual hacks (AND THEY INTERVIEWED THEM! ;))
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Force Maysuere wrote:Trouble with my PC meant couldn't get on line earlier. Thanks to the band for a superb concert in brilliant surroundings. I thought the concert was typical Tangerine Dream - expect the unexpected. Sitting right at the back of the circle (slap bang in the middle) the sound was superb and agree to the earlier post that it could have been louder. The only downside, yet again, having to miss a bit of the concert due transport closing down in London so early (was with my brother who uses a walking stick so a 5 minute trip to the tube became 20 minutes!). was interviewed by Winkball after the gig but never made the final cut. They did ask one stupid question what was the one highlight - to me there were many. Link below for Winkball - 20 interviews posted.

Cool idea, I like that.
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
Force Maysuere wrote:Trouble with my PC meant couldn't get on line earlier. Thanks to the band for a superb concert in brilliant surroundings. I thought the concert was typical Tangerine Dream - expect the unexpected. Sitting right at the back of the circle (slap bang in the middle) the sound was superb and agree to the earlier post that it could have been louder. The only downside, yet again, having to miss a bit of the concert due transport closing down in London so early (was with my brother who uses a walking stick so a 5 minute trip to the tube became 20 minutes!). was interviewed by Winkball after the gig but never made the final cut. They did ask one stupid question what was the one highlight - to me there were many. Link below for Winkball - 20 interviews posted.

Cool idea, I like that.
hmm...dare I record a reply ;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

'it's mainly instrumental and it goes on for a long time '

:D :P
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:'it's mainly instrumental and it goes on for a long time '

:D :P
Best quote of the night:

in Taxi after being picked up outside the RAH

Taxi driver: "Just had a couple in here who saw the gig. They described it as being a bit like Dido"

Me: "Hahahahahahahahahahahaha...er...probably not fans then"?