Alison Steele (the Night bird) radio adverts

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Alison Steele (the Night bird) radio adverts

Post by 24db »

RAP LINE-ARMY ROTC. RADIO ADVERTS.

"RAP LINE, brought to you by ARMY-ROTC, I'm Alison Steele. The age of electronic music is definitely with us. The German groups are very into the sound; Tangerine Dream for instance is one of the leaders, and for you mechanically inclined cats, here's how they do it. It's a VCS3 synthesizer, a Mellotron, two kinds of electronic organ. One organ is plugged into the synthesizer to change the sound, and there are as many as ten over-dubbing's on each track, to create the spacey effect. When Tangerine Dream appears in London next spring, they will use a Video synthesizer that translates music into pictures. A little item which cost $100,000. Maybe you'd better stick to your guitar"...

"RAP LINE, brought to you by ARMY-ROTC, I'm Alison Steele. Tangerine Dream is coming: Edgar Froese, Peter Baumann and Chris Franke and their brand of cosmic electronic music have caught on in America, and they will tour. Phaedra was the first album that attracted attention and now Rubycon is gaining the group new devotees. If you remember I told you about a concert they gave in France at the Rheims Cathedral, attended by some 6000 hysterical French fans, now they'll tour England in October and will play Liverpool Cathedral, Coventry Cathedral and York Minster Cathedral. This will be their first American tour, and as yet I don't know if they'll succeed in playing Cathedrals here. I do know that while they're here on tour, they'll be working with William Friedkin -who is responsible for the Exorcist. Tangerine Dream will be doing the music for his next film. Wow any guesses on what kind of picture it's gonna-be?"...

Broadcast Dec 1st 1974-July 31st 1975.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Almost didn't look at this thread. Saw the title and thought spam. :oops:

Interesting reviews (?). was she making it up about the technical stuff? (organ being put through synth etc)
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:Almost didn't look at this thread. Saw the title and thought spam. :oops:

Interesting reviews (?). was she making it up about the technical stuff? (organ being put through synth etc)
these were radio adverts run on American radio Chris, they're Army ROTC adverts, something like careers spots with music ads inbetween.

was she making it up? don't think so, quite a few synths have external audio inputs so you could filter or modulate anything you contected them to, including organs.
24db

Post by 24db »

you missed them...theyr were on my Myspace page for a day