A TD book

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

well, Im getting the Paul Weller book for her indoors....only 2000 copies issued

so a TD book could easily ship that amount :arrow: :arrow:

and Genesis pubs have done much shorter print runs
...The wise.....are silent.....
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

24db wrote:IMHO there hasn't been a good book on TD...yet :D
Certainly not the book that they deserve. Maybe history one day will grant such a book.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

There was going to be a book by Jonathon Miller on the mighty TD. It was even advertised on Amazon at one point but it never materialised. Which is a great shame because I've read several of Jonathon's articles on TD in magazines and they are very good, informative and not opinionated.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:There was going to be a book by Jonathon Miller on the mighty TD. It was even advertised on Amazon at one point but it never materialised. Which is a great shame because I've read several of Jonathon's articles on TD in magazines and they are very good, informative and not opinionated.
I've even got the chapter titles somewhere
Last edited by 24db on Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
har

Post by har »

epsilon75 wrote:
har wrote:So,
Whilst BM completes his amazing book :shock:
and Lord Froese tries to get time to write his 8)

is there a book available anywhere that I can browse whilst listening to the music in Dream land :?:

Never seen one anywhere on earth,
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Gothic- ... 645&sr=8-1

http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/voicesso.htm
As ever, thanks Epsilon, away to check out the links.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Is Digital Gothic any good? Apologies in advance for the question, because it's undoubtedly been discussed before. :oops:
Don't worry, I've answered my own question by search. It doesn't sound all that.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

highly edited extract from bigmoogs Encyclopaedia Tangerinica

Volume 4, chapter 33.3: The TD fan, or only the lonely, or anyone got a map?

[...At their height during the 1970's the tangs as the music critics called them (in fact during the mid seventies, the die hard fan would refer to the band as 'the dream' or 'td', or in the case of some london based fans-'them tangs') could fill huge arenas, cathedrals and youth clubs worldwide, and easily sell upwards of 100,000 copies of every album....easily. A small hiccup occured in 1977 when Peter Baumann left (see chapter 75-77 the nepal years,), but TD continued and issued a classic fanbase divider: Cyclone (see Chapter 78, brilliant albums are the dream's forte)...But the dream continued....as its never the same, only better.

And, indeed the tangs entered those nineteen eighties with a huge fanbase. One album, 'Exit' pointed the way to a new future....TD were the first gruup to play in the former East Germany as well as in Poland, of which the resultant vinyl album is considered one of the most titanic documents of Tangerine Dream's grace, power and beauty ever released. It seemed the group were entering a never ending cycle of album, tour, album, soundtrack, tour.... Then suddenly the group and the fans underwent a tumultuous, almost cataclysmic shock...]

....Every music group has a following, picked up over the years. 'The fans'. What defines a fan not difficult, but what defines a tangerine dream fan needs a separate volume....and acres of analysis from analysts. Tangerine Dream have a worldwide fanbase, a dedicated, friendly and loyal set of fans....EDITED....but as with any human collective, the TD fan base can be subdivided....EDITED....flame wars EDITED....zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Glossary of terminology:

Sycophant: A ancient hippy shut-in who spends 23 hours of every day, listening to TD and posting drooling eulogies and streams of consciousness to anyone who will listen. Completely harmless, except when attempting a 36 week vigil for a release he has umpteen copies of in 99 different versions.

Hardcore fan: Owns all the releases at least twice over and attends every gig, even if TD are not playing

Gear Head: Quite select fan who is into the gear not the music, someone who at a Tang gig, held in total darkness, can tell which VCO is drifting out of tune, while chatting to his companion about the relative merits of MIDI interface software and Korg user manuals circa 1983

Grizzly: near extinct fan, one who thinks TD were only any good up to 1968, but still buys all the releases and attends gigs and then fires missives across the bows of internet message boards.

Music lover: someone who listens to music

Archivists: Competely top geezers who document TD's concerts and memorabilia for history to judge them tangs as brilliant

EM: modern musicians who reference TD in all they do, but always insist its new and innovative

The Merchandise junky: unwashed, furtive frenzied fan who steams in at the merch stall and buys up all the goods four or five times over, has an uncanny knack of purchasing goods from the back of the scrum as well.

BigmOOg: legendary genius fan of one, who advises the fanbase on why Zeit is worth a shout, regularly gets stuck in a lift, BM is due to grow up soon.

TDBA: see volume 1, cliques, freaks and bellyaches....

[Glossary continues in Volume 13]

Disclaimer: The Encyclopedia Tangerinica is compiled by neutral and biased contributors and all opinions are opinions and should be taken as such, all facts have been verified as near dark, er near accurate, but no responsibility can be held for inaccuracies due to typos.

:P
timer

Post by timer »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
24db

Post by 24db »

ring ring!...Hello?

Ah yes, have you still got a spare room?

Yes,... Butterfly net, straitjacket...Zeit on flexi disc?

Of course...we'll be in contact
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

apologies for dragging this forum down....... :oops:
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:apologies for dragging this forum down....... :oops:
Pygmy's Paddling pools are deeper ;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

dribble
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:apologies for dragging this forum down....... :oops:
Pygmy's Paddling pools are deeper ;)
Im a Pygmy and a fat b****** did,nt you know :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
jacob

Post by jacob »

wayfarer wrote:
Is Digital Gothic any good? Apologies in advance for the question, because it's undoubtedly been discussed before. :oops:
Don't worry, I've answered my own question by search. It doesn't sound all that.
I don't remember it as good. At all.

But, I've decided to give it another reading during my summer holiday...
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
24db

Post by 24db »

that's dedication for you...although I doubt whether it'll reveal anything you don't know already or for that matter make you go out and play any of TD's records for a single second more.

Compare that with the shear enthusiasm of somebody like Julian Cope, who regardless of whether you agree with his opinion makes you want to checkout the music asap