The Island of the Fay

T4N63R1N3 DR34M
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Just received from CD Services. Review & track list/timings:

The brand new studio album from Tangerine Dream is here at CDS Towers now, and guess what, it's fantastic!
Regardless of what the title, or the inspiration might be, this is quite simply an excellent new studio album the Edgar, Thorsten & co should be very proud of.

The album is based on the Edgar Allan Poe short story of the same name, and is the beginning of a new series by Tangerine Dream: Eastgate's 'Sonic Poem Series'. It starts off with Edgar Allan Poe, a novelist who long enough has been labelled as dark, mysterious and gloomy only - Poe was more than that - a true visionary. Edgar Allan Poe's 'Island Of The Fay' has been set to music by Edgar and Thorsten in a very exciting, dynamic and partly experimental way - a new violinist sets her maverick accents with electric sounds. It's the art of breathing life into a tale through strong music.

It opens with 'Marmontel Riding On A Clef 'a big, deep sequencer based track that's overlaid by powerful synth melodies, and the fans are going to love it! Track 2 is 'Breath Kissing Matter's Mouth' and it's slower paced with a brooding, pulsating underlying rhythm, and melodies that bring an air of mystery to the piece. The six-minute 'Beauty Of Magic Antagonism' follows on a similar path, while the eleven-minute 'Fay Bewitching The Moon' is more symphonic with a spacey feel, where the Quaeschning Mellotron (or is it his digital equivalent - the Memotron?) really shines through in the mix, with rhythms coming in later. 'Cycle Of Eternity' is more sequencer driven and faster paced with big panoramic melodies piercing through a hazy atmospheric backpdrop. 'Death In The Shadow' opens with drums and stuttering electronic percussion and as the piece builds multi-melodic layers dance around the mix in typical TD fashion, and before you know it the stuttering percussion sounds have melded into sequencer sounds before breaking off into more atmospheric territory in the middle section, then the rhythmic pattern re-emerges until the track closes at just over nine minutes where it typically fades over the horizon. 'Death In The Shadow' is rhythmic, but subtler with melodic synth sounds forming another vast panoramic sound picture. An electric guitar strikes a couple of minutes in and takes the music up onto the type of higher plane that can only happen when synths and guitars meet head-on. 'Darkness Veiling The Night' is slower and initially more atmospheric, but as the subtle rhythms build, strong, spine-tingling melodies emerge like busts of sunlight through clearing dark skies, and we are into another filmic style piece - A perfect climax to a quite excellent new album that - for me - has many highlights, whether your preferences lie with the melodic or the rhythmic sides of the band's music.
'Island Of The Fay' is as good as anything I've heard from TD in a long time, at times taking be back to albums like 'Stratosphere' and 'Hyperborea' and the likes and there is a real feeling of this being a real joint effort between Froese & Quaeschning with Edgar having composed 5 of the 8 tracks and Thorsten the other 5. The pair co-produced and engineered the set with Bianca F. Acquaye being the executive producer. You will find the whole but short tale of 'The Island Of The Fay' within the album's booklet.

The full band line-up is: Edgar Froese (keyboards / piano / lap steel / e-guitar / horn arr.), Thorsten Quaeschning (keyboards / drums / e-bow / Mellotron), Bernhard Beibl (acoustic guitar), Linda Spa (flute), Iris Camaa (percussion) and Hoshiko Yamane (electric violin).

Track List:
01. Marmontel Riding On A Clef (7:46)
02. Breath Kissing Matter's Mouth (8:59)
03. Beauty Of Magic Antagonism (5:59)
04. Fay Bewitching The Moon (11:01)
05. Cycle Of Eternity (6:46)
06. Death In The Shadow (9:08 )
07. Moment Of Floating Into The Light (9:28 )
08. Darkness Veiling The Night (8:44)
TPT - 67:53

Now I'm REALLY looking forward to hearing this one !
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

Awesome, I'll be buying this from those nice people at CDS 8)
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Edgar having composed 5 of the 8 tracks and Thorsten the other 5.
Maths evidently not a strong-point at CDS Towers :)
Minimoog

Post by Minimoog »

Marakesh wrote:Awesome, I'll be buying this from those nice people at CDS 8)
Do they give superfan's preference ? :wink: :)
The coward only threatens when he is safe.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Still nowt here yet. Still vigiling.

Edgar playing lap-steel guitar? Interesting.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Jon

Post by Jon »

I just can't take those CDS reviews seriously. EVERY album they review is always THE BEST EVER if you see what I mean. I don't think I have ever read a bad review from them. :shock:

So I always check with other sources before ordering a CD which they praised.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Jon wrote:I just can't take those CDS reviews seriously. EVERY album they review is always THE BEST EVER if you see what I mean. I don't think I have ever read a bad review from them. :shock:

As any other shop I guess they want to sell. :wink:
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

Jon wrote:I just can't take those CDS reviews seriously. EVERY album they review is always THE BEST EVER if you see what I mean. I don't think I have ever read a bad review from them. :shock:

Possibly. But with the purchase of TD's new album releases since Springtime in Nagasaki one could do nothing wrong, could one?
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Cyclone wrote:

Possibly. But with the purchase of TD's new album releases since Springtime in Nagasaki one could do nothing wrong, could one?
Agree. They're all good. :)
har

Post by har »

Both CDs arrived.............gorgeous sunny day..........United at home.

Life is good

8)

End of message.
Minimoog

Post by Minimoog »

har wrote:Both CDs arrived.............gorgeous sunny day..........United at home.

Life is good

8)

End of message.
Same here :D 8) :P
The coward only threatens when he is safe.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Minimoog wrote:
har wrote:Both CDs arrived.............gorgeous sunny day..........United at home.

Life is good

8)

End of message.
Same here :D 8) :P
Same here! :D
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Both CDs are at my Post Office and I have to wait until Monday... :cry:
That's not fair ! :?
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

TDludo wrote:Both CDs are at my Post Office and I have to wait until Monday... :cry:
That's not fair ! :?
tough!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Still not here yet...

...but I can sense them getting closer.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda