Chris Franke - The London Concert

Rico
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Rico »

sparrow wrote:Had a listen to this one last night. I like it a lot but wish it was a bit longer.
50-55 minutes speak out a truth to me. :P
24db

Post by 24db »

It might be a good record, but it released a very long time ago, has Chris completely given up on a solo career?
Rico

Post by Rico »

The last studio knowledge is Transformation of Mind, with Deepak Chopra, 1998, a meditational album of some eery taste. :roll:

Franke focused on the soundtrack music that, I don't know, may or may have not stopped to it's point of closure.

Regarding the effective material, I think that Klemania was actually a good exception among a falling style. Given Enchanting Nature to Perry Rhodan - Pax Terra, I consider that the silence of now is explainable and pretty strong in staying that way.
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:It might be a good record, but it released a very long time ago, has Chris completely given up on a solo career?
What is given up a solo career. Everything he has done, he did on his own, and his production is large. All those B5 cd's and a lot of other soundracks.
By the way, I believe this threat is on the wrong index.
Last edited by hansx on Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rico

Post by Rico »

his production is large, but to what a cost? B5 speak nothing truly remarkable, has anyone who watched the serial actually had deep moments of "dang, this music makes out the finest thing out of everything" (not that it should, I understand the role of soundtrack-ing, but not the leap into the genre entirely, and at a modest value, that he took).

I see every day at AXN two or three serials in which Paul Haslinger or Christopher Franke assured the music arouses in some points. but is that the real "large production - easy slippery sound" challenge?
24db

Post by 24db »

hansx wrote:
24db wrote:It might be a good record, but it released a very long time ago, has Chris completely given up on a solo career?
What is given up a solo career. Everything he has done, he did on his own, and his production is large. All those B5 cd's and a lot of other soundracks.
By the way, I believe this threat is on the worng index.
Well in in Chris's own words (I'm paraphrasing here) 'In Hollywood, if you you do soundtracks without a solo career, you can be treated like a slave'....so I want to do two years solid soundtrack work and then two years solo and live stuff. Circa 1991-92. Still waiting Chris, still waiting
Rico

Post by Rico »

24db wrote:
hansx wrote:
By the way, I believe this threat is on the worng index.
Well in in Chris's own words (I'm paraphrasing here) 'In Hollywood, if you you do soundtracks without a solo career, you can be treated like a slave'....so I want to do two years solid soundtrack work and then two years solo and live stuff. Circa 1991-92. Still waiting Chris, still waiting
by that, Pacific something and Universal Soldier are even below the 80s Tangerine Dream weakest soundtrack example (with exceptions) and The London Concert is like a delice. :wink:
obiwankenomi

Post by obiwankenomi »

If you look at Christopher Franke's own website, there has been some news, but no additions to the discography page since 2001.

If you want to know what Chris has been doing lately, you might check for Chris on www.imdb.com (International Movie Database) and see how many soundtracks or TV-scores he as been working on. Hope he will do a normal soloalbum soon.

Obiwan
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

obiwankenomi wrote:If you look at Christopher Franke's own website, there has been some news, but no additions to the discography page since 2001.

If you want to know what Chris has been doing lately, you might check for Chris on www.imdb.com (International Movie Database) and see how many soundtracks or TV-scores he as been working on. Hope he will do a normal soloalbum soon.

Obiwan

I dont think hes got the time with all this soundtrack work,besides he is probably earning lots of cash 8) :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
burningbrain

Post by burningbrain »

obiwankenomi wrote:The first time Cool Breeze Of Brighton appeared on a official TD-recording was the Antique Dreams album from the year 2000. Antique Dreams is a compilation, containing studio and live recordings from between 1971 and 1988.

Cool Breeze of Brighton also appears on the 2005 Vault IV release, which are live recordings from 1986.

So if Vermillion Sands first appeared on Christopher's 1992 London Concert, Cool Breeze of Brighton is the oldest recording of those two.

Obiwan
It's right that the first version was the live-one in 1986.
But it appeared also on the original Score from the movie "Zoning" in 1987 (maybe the soundtrack was done back in 1986), but not on the 90s Soundtrack CD, re-done by Edgar.
Then in 1989 a Chris Franke Version appeared on the first KLEM-Compilation-CD.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I can listen to this album in small doses occasionally. I prefer the TD versions of Cloudburst Flight and Dolphin Dance by a long shot. Back Garden View is very relaxing and rather new age, if I may say so. Purple Waves would be an excellent track and I love the part were the synth sequence changes slowly into a harp sequence.... but the track lasts for 16.36 and that is far too long, IMHO. This is the only album that I would recommend by CF.
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

burningbrain wrote:It's right that the first version was the live-one in 1986.
But it appeared also on the original Score from the movie "Zoning" in 1987 (maybe the soundtrack was done back in 1986), but not on the 90s Soundtrack CD, re-done by Edgar.
Then in 1989 a Chris Franke Version appeared on the first KLEM-Compilation-CD.
Listen to "Scrap Yard" from Thief (1981) and then listen to "Cool Breeze of Brighton."
burningbrain

Post by burningbrain »

Sfearical Sequence wrote:Listen to "Scrap Yard" from Thief (1981) and then listen to "Cool Breeze of Brighton."
Yes, it's similar, but not the same. Typical Franke Sequencing.
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

I still believe that CF is a good talent gone to waste. Some of his work on B5 is inspirational, whilst the new age stuff is pretty banal to say the least.
Quite why he chose to perform the London Concert I don't know. was it a dig at Edgar and TD? Why are there not more studio albums and live gigs? Surely soundtracks don't pay that well!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

prophetfive wrote: Surely soundtracks don't pay that well!
I believe they are quite lucrative, even with direct to DVD movies. It surely pays the bills.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese