TDOC

TheMan
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by TheMan »

cantosis wrote: but having sold off my entire TD collection about 9 years ago.....

Jesus Christ but that must be one of the worst moves by a music fan on record...
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

cantosis wrote:having been in a few membership clubs over the years I can say this TD one has been one of the best, it is only from my point of view but having sold off my entire TD collection about 9 years ago I now have a lot of gaps. All the music that has been on the download section I don`t have so that has been a huge plus point.

The raffles have been great with fantastic prizes, I am sure the guys who had dinner with the band would vouch for that and of course there has been lots of other things like meet and greet backstage,the video clips and artwork.

To be honest for the price your paying you wont get much these days, not even a Pete Namlook CD in certain cases :wink:.

The good thing for people who have not thought it is good value is that you don`t have to join again when your membership is up in 2 months.

I certainly will be rejoining.
I not saying i don't think it's a fair price to pay but without these type debates the TDOC will not develop, grow and i think this important for the direction of TDOC.
It must be difficult to run something like this, even simply to know what to put in it.
Like most people i follow TD with a passion just ask my wife.
Peoples opinion is valuable with something this
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

TheMan wrote:
cantosis wrote: but having sold off my entire TD collection about 9 years ago.....

Jesus Christ but that must be one of the worst moves by a music fan on record...
I came close in the 90's but didn't bite that bullet :roll:

cantosis

Post by cantosis »

TheMan wrote:

when I think of some of the stuff I had I could cry, but at that time I went of TD for a few years and as I had a load of stuff I wanted to downsize a bit.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

alipaul wrote:
cantosis wrote:having been in a few membership clubs over the years I can say this TD one has been one of the best, it is only from my point of view but having sold off my entire TD collection about 9 years ago I now have a lot of gaps. All the music that has been on the download section I don`t have so that has been a huge plus point.

The raffles have been great with fantastic prizes, I am sure the guys who had dinner with the band would vouch for that and of course there has been lots of other things like meet and greet backstage,the video clips and artwork.

To be honest for the price your paying you wont get much these days, not even a Pete Namlook CD in certain cases :wink:.

The good thing for people who have not thought it is good value is that you don`t have to join again when your membership is up in 2 months.

I not saying i don't think it's a fair price to pay but without these type debates the TDOC will not develop, grow and i think this important for the direction of TDOC.
It must be difficult to run something like this, even simply to know what to put in it.

I agree, dont get me wrong I respect anyone who doesn`t think its worth it and I would probably be voicing my opinions if I felt the same.

One thing I would like to see is some sort of discount on multiple purchases for members or maybe 10% of at gigs(merch), something like that would be a good move.
24db

Post by 24db »

alipaul wrote:

I think your post and all your comments are good Daz, anything that brings up (politely) how we/Eastgate can improve the club must be a good thing. It's quite obvious from your post that you've thought things through and you're just asking whether things can changed or be improved a bit, and in a respectful manner.

My only concerns about the club is that perhaps TD/ Edgar and Eastgate are so busy these days, that it'll be forgotten along the way. No evidence that they have or will I should point out, it's just that I've seen other things wither and die in the past
Last edited by 24db on Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redziller

Post by redziller »

It's a toughie - if the money were spread monthly or quarterly it might be easier for some but then more admin for TD and could prompt criticisms like "this was a bad month".

Personally I find the club pretty much as expected - would I like more? Always!

OT This thread is a good example of how different opinons can be expressed without giving offence - which is cool

8)
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

24db wrote:
alipaul wrote:

I think your post and all your comments are good Daz, anything that brings up (politely) how we/Eastgate can improve the club must be a good thing. It's quite obvious from your post that you've thought things through and you're just asking whether things can changed or be improved a bit, and in a respectful manner.

My only concerns about the club is that perhaps TD/ Edgar and Eastgate are so busy these days, that it'll be forgotten along the way. No evidence that they have or will I should point out, it's just that I've seen other things wither and die in past
I actually think the TDOC is a great thing and i don't personally want it to die or dilute in anyway, still quite sad the way the Fan club ended.
I think it's also important that we show our interest & provide input in what we appreciate etc

hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:
alipaul wrote:

My only concerns about the club is that perhaps TD/ Edgar and Eastgate are so busy these days, that it'll be forgotten along the way. No evidence that they have or will I should point out, it's just that I've seen other things wither and die in past
Think you are right. I am afraid of that too.
Concerning the added value of TDOC, indeed it could be more. CD's are indeed nice, but not really necessary if you give a possibility for downloading things. But those items have to be somewhat better than we now got. I mean a download of L' affiare W. and the other already known cd's is not very special for the members of TDOC who do have those things already for years (I presume).
You know, the download of a concert could be give more satisfaction than the known things.
Maybe an idea. The Berlin concert. :D
24db

Post by 24db »

Totally agree Daz. Yeah it was shame that the old club died (I never joined at the time...as it was 'too expensive' ;)) Hilariously I bought all of the newsletters years later ;)

I still think that we could run a poll 'here' or perhaps the TDOC might run one over on the 'interaction' area?

If there's one thing that perhaps 'I' sometimes forget and that's that the TDOC aint just for me, therefore even if I think it's the best thing ever that other people have different expections and that 'change' is a good thing, it keeps the interest up, keeps things fresh and should bring new members in. A win/win situation I would have thought
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Again not being critical but i always felt with the Fanclub that it was run by a fan on a shoestring.
Which was quaint in a way.

I don't know how many people are involved in the TDOC is it just EB

timer

Post by timer »

timer wrote:removed

due to not disliking the TDOC in anyway !

Edgar and his team work extremely hard to try and give us what we want - and I for one am very greatfull, anything else is a bonus .
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

timer wrote:

Edgar and his team work extremely hard to try and give us what we want - and I for one am very greatfull, anything else is a bonus .
I'm not disliking the TDOC Tim in anyway i just want it to develop it to encourage more to join

tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

TheMan wrote:

I had just over 500 albums back in 1982. Sold them all except for my TD's and electronic music albums. Still have them and a few some more. I wish I had kept a few of them now.

For me, I would like to add a dvd of some classic TD concert's from the past for joining the TDOC, Andy!

. . . . . .pigs on the wing! :)
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
hansx

Post by hansx »

alipaul wrote:
timer wrote:

I'm not disliking the TDOC Tim in anyway i just want it to develop it to encourage more to join
Agree. If TDOC has more added value, then more fans would join. I guess that most fans wait and see what happens.
And of course we love every effort for improval. Don't forget every good marriage has his struggles. :D