The Island of the Fay

redziller
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by redziller »

IMHO

awesome, solid, precision art.

Looking forward to Lowry!

8)
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:Have listened to this a lot since it arrived. Still can't get a grip on the whole thing. That's usually a sign that it's going to be a classic. Certain bits are mesmerising and Beauty Of Magic Antagonism has a beautiful melody. Going to take a while to fully appreciate this album.
Have listened to it for the first time. And it struck me in the middle.
Especially Fay bewitching the Moon is a beauty. Allready knew that for some weeks, but this track is one of the best tracks since the virgin years (for me).
And the rest.... also very good. It looks like if TD reinvented the sequence again. Guess it will be coming out of the speakers today sometimes.
32 years + counting

ISLAND OF THE FAY

Post by 32 years + counting »

There's some pretty nice stuff on this album, but for me, and worth the price alone by a mile, is the final track DARKNESS VEILING THE NIGHT.

I bought a download, and there weren't any credits, but I assume by the sound design this is one of Thorsten's?

Makes my hair stand on end, and reminds me of those sweet, massive finishes that TD used to do in their 1980's concerts.

Great. Just so, so great. Huge in scope, subtle in delivery, beautiful key changes and arrangement, and really moving....a classic.

I'd pay very good money to see a concert end on a high note like this.
Minimoog

Post by Minimoog »

after having a few day's of listening to 'the island of fay' I would say this is up there with their very best albums throughout their long career.
a really splendid mixture of top electronica and sequencing from Edgar & Thorsten,this is TD firing on all cylinders.
I look forward to the manchester show where I hope we will hear plenty of this in concert. a highly recommended acquisition to any TD or electronica fans collection. nice one TD. :D
The coward only threatens when he is safe.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

well what can i say? this cd has been given alot of build up on the forum and various reviews ive read. You know that slightly nervous feeling you get when you put a new album in the cd player for the first time? Thats what i just had...and wow! The sounds that burst from my speakers! Brilliant!
TD have promised a Sequencer driven show at the forum and if IOTF is anything to go by, it'll be a cracker!
Chris Monk

Re: ISLAND OF THE FAY

Post by Chris Monk »

32 years + counting wrote:There's some pretty nice stuff on this album, but for me, and worth the price alone by a mile, is the final track DARKNESS VEILING THE NIGHT.

I bought a download, and there weren't any credits, but I assume by the sound design this is one of Thorsten's?
Yep. That's one of TQ's tracks.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Keeps getting better and better with each new listen. I'm now totally getting into this release. It's taken a little while but I'm now beginning to get a grasp on the shear scope of this release. TD should be congratulated.

Fave track is still Beauty Of Magic Antagonism but it's now being jostled by one or two others.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

It's the first time I've read no negative reports on this album. IMO it is THE best TD album for a number of years. There have been quite a few good TD albums this past while but this one is special...
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Just finished listening to it properly for the first time.

All round excellent stuff. My favourites are Cycle of Eternity, Darkness Veiling The Light and Death In The Shadow.

On of the most enjoyable recent CDs all the way through.
There have been albums with standout tracks but this one is good
from start to finish with barely a skippable track.
redziller

Re: ISLAND OF THE FAY

Post by redziller »

32 years + counting wrote:There's some pretty nice stuff on this album, but for me, and worth the price alone by a mile, is the final track DARKNESS VEILING THE NIGHT.

Makes my hair stand on end, and reminds me of those sweet, massive finishes that TD used to do in their 1980's concerts.

Great. Just so, so great. Huge in scope, subtle in delivery, beautiful key changes and arrangement, and really moving....a classic.

I'd pay very good money to see a concert end on a high note like this.
Nicely put - one of those pieces that feels like a secret truth revealed, an insight into a hidden reality. But there's a quite a bit of that on this release.

Awsim!
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

har

Post by har »

6 days in and I am even more in love with Fay 8)

Initially the first trax that stood out for me were Breath Kissing Matters Mouth and Beauty of Magic Antagonism.

Had my first headphone listen last night and the album is just magnificent. I am detecting a major retro vibe, some 70s dream going on 8) Check out the percusion on, I think its, Fay bewitching the moon and Death in the Shadow. And is has to be said that melodic hook in Cycle of Eternity really is quite something. Been singing it all day :?

Early days, but this album has potential to be in my top 10 Dream.

MAGNIFICENT
Jon

Post by Jon »

I ask again: Is there any guitar work from Beibl on the CD?
redziller

Post by redziller »

Jon wrote:I ask again: Is there any guitar work from Beibl on the CD?
BB gets a credit for acoustic guitar, but it's not prominent
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

Jon

Post by Jon »

redziller wrote:
A pity. :cry:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Jon wrote:
redziller wrote:
A pity. :cry:
Have to say that I can't identify where Bernhard's made his contribution which is a real shame as he's a very talented guitarist. It would have been nice if he'd been able to blaze a solo or two across the tracks but I have to say that I'm not sure where he'd have been able to do it.

Same is true of Linda and Iris's contributions.