Sigur Ros

sparrow
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Sigur Ros

Post by sparrow »

Just finished watching their DVD and what a beautiful film it is. Never boring and sometimes touching. So well shot and the accomanying music by the band is stunning. I have all their albums and think it's about time I dusted some of the older ones off. anyone else like this band from iceland??
epsilon75

Re: Sigur Ros

Post by epsilon75 »

sparrow wrote:Just finished watching their DVD and what a beautiful film it is. Never boring and sometimes touching. So well shot and the accomanying music by the band is stunning. I have all their albums and think it's about time I dusted some of the older ones off. anyone else like this band from iceland??
I got the new double album here John "Hvarf Heim" and its a wonderful listen......Some great guitar & vocals and perfect to chill out to,a highly recommended listen IMHO.. I think Mick and BTF are big fans.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

epsilon75 wrote:
sparrow wrote:Just finished watching their DVD and what a beautiful film it is. Never boring and sometimes touching. So well shot and the accomanying music by the band is stunning. I have all their albums and think it's about time I dusted some of the older ones off. anyone else like this band from iceland??
I got the new double album here John "Hvarf Heim" and its a wonderful listen......Some great guitar & vocals and perfect to chill out to,a highly recommended listen IMHO.. I think Mick and BTF are big fans.
I saw them in the SBE when () first came out - must have been around 2002... I was blown away needless to say. Very emotional music.
I also, like Múm, who sound a little more upbeat, but in the same vein.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
I saw them in the SBE when () first came out - must have been around 2002... I was blown away needless to say. Very emotional music.
I also, like Múm, who sound a little more upbeat, but in the same vein.
I'd recommend the band Efterklang if you like Sigur Ros, I like both :)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

ill give this sigur ros a go as a lot of people seem to rave about them.
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:ill give this sigur ros a go as a lot of people seem to rave about them.
http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Just downloaded Takk. I have to say I am loving the music but not too sure about the singing, its grating me a bit at the moment but I think I might appriciate this album more when I am stressed out.

Imagine it could be good through headphones and a couple of beers.
24db

Post by 24db »

Bat squeaks!!!...still love it though ;)...but then again I'm a fan of Bjork, so I'm used to unusual singing
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

that one tack hopipolla I am sure I have heard somewhere, cant remember where though
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:that one tack hopipolla I am sure I have heard somewhere, cant remember where though
it was used about 1 million times for the trailer for BBC's Planet Earth Series
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:that one tack hopipolla I am sure I have heard somewhere, cant remember where though

cheers,i just got my blue planet dvds out as i thought it was on there :roll: . not far wrong though
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:

cheers,i just got my blue planet dvds out as i thought it was on there :roll: . not far wrong though
not a million miles away mate...both great series though
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
24db wrote: it was used about 1 million times for the trailer for BBC's Planet Earth Series

yes indeed great tV. Shame that Nature Of Britain is presented by Titchmarsh as I cant take him, annoying man.
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
yes indeed great tV. Shame that Nature Of Britain is presented by Titchmarsh as I cant take him, annoying man.
lol...I guess Ainsley Hariott wasn't available? ;)...btw the series tends to airbush everything into a 'everything is ok and flourishing' olde worlde view of the UK...sadly that isn't the complete picture
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

epsilon75 wrote:
Yep, great band Colin with a unique sound. Their music works fantastically well with visuals of Icelandic scenery as a backdrop. I haven't heard the latest album, although I've read it's probably their most accessible and a good place for beginners to start.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese