One Times One

timer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by timer »

Chris Monk wrote:
timer wrote:This CD is a grower, 2nd listen and i like it loads :D
I've had it and Booster on repeat play most of today and they're all rather awesome.

....One Times One and Booster seem to be the perfect accompaniment for each other. May be they should have been released as a triple CD. Just a thought.

They do seem to compliment each other very well.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Chris Monk wrote: ....One Times One and Booster seem to be the perfect accompaniment for each other. May be they should have been released as a triple CD. Just a thought.
But that would mean that you would have to buy Booster, of which you may already have all of the previously released tracks on the EPs, in order to get the new tracks of OTO. Furthermore, I would have preferred the previously unreleased tracks on Booster to be on OTO instead.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: ....One Times One and Booster seem to be the perfect accompaniment for each other. May be they should have been released as a triple CD. Just a thought.
But that would mean that you would have to buy Booster, of which you may already have all of the previously released tracks on the EPs, in order to get the new tracks of OTO. Furthermore, I would have preferred the previously unreleased tracks on Booster to be on OTO instead.
I agree about that. The tracks could have been organized better, I also think Booster should contain the complete ep's...

However with over an hour of new material for these two albums, and the fact that a retail cd costs 21.5 euros in DK, I'm still very pleased to get the two albums for only 28 euros! :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Pertou wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
I agree about that. The tracks could have been organized better, I also think Booster should contain the complete ep's...

However with over an hour of new material for these two albums, and the fact that a retail cd costs 21.5 euros in DK, I'm still very pleased to get the two albums for only 28 euros! :D
I think the reason all the tracks on the eps are not on the booster is maybe they are JF compositions :idea: :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

epsilon75 wrote:
I think the reason all the tracks on the eps are not on the booster is maybe they are JF compositions :idea: :wink:
I think that only goes for "Quartermaster's Nightmare" and "Jupiter Space Doors". Metaphor Part Three and Day Shift are by TQ, Metaphor 4 is by EF (but maybe the difference is too little compared to the MFD bonus).

Not sure about Tutankhama and Craving For Cardamom from the Ca Va.. single. I think I've read that CF composed the latter?

I still recommend Booster, there's nothing wrong with the music featured... and that version of Tangram alone is reason enough to buy :D
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

Pertou wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

I still recommend Booster, there's nothing wrong with the music featured... and that version of Tangram alone is reason enough to buy :D
I agree Jacob the version of Tangram is stunning.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Pertou wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
I think that only goes for "Quartermaster's Nightmare" and "Jupiter Space Doors". Metaphor Part Three and Day Shift are by TQ, Metaphor 4 is by EF (but maybe the difference is too little compared to the MFD bonus).

Not sure about Tutankhama and Craving For Cardamom from the Ca Va.. single. I think I've read that CF composed the latter?

The Back of the Ca Va Ca Ira Encore CD from Dream Dice states Composed and Performed exclusively by Edgar and Jerome Froese.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

I really like the cup disc idea. 35 minutes is a practical length and if it's cheaper then thats good value. Unless I'm on the train listening to my mp3 the normal 65/70 minutes is hard to fit in at home. There has certainly been an upsurge in me offering to cook the tea when I know I can sneak in a whole listen to One by One as I'm doing it.
"Sydney till I Die"
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

SydneyFC wrote:I really like the cup disc idea. 35 minutes is a practical length and if it's cheaper then thats good value. Unless I'm on the train listening to my mp3 the normal 65/70 minutes is hard to fit in at home. There has certainly been an upsurge in me offering to cook the tea when I know I can sneak in a whole listen to One by One as I'm doing it.
I didn't like the concept at first, as much as I liked the length of the album. Albums on 39 minutes are often the best!
To me the "coffee" reference and the gentle arrangements were too muzak/café atmosphere, but once you scratch in the surface of the music, there's really something interesting going on.

One Times One is a very consistent album in style and concept, and when I can get very provoked by Modesty and Greed (a rendition of Cool Breeze Brighton which has CF's stamp written all over it), TD and music can still catch my unspoiled attention.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I also tend to like shorter albums. I have often found my mind wandering while listening to a 78 minute CD regardless of who it's by. That was the beauty of a good old vinyl LP. 40 minutes max ..unless it's a Klaus Schulze record.. :wink:
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

Pertou wrote:
SydneyFC wrote:I really like the cup disc idea. 35 minutes is a practical length and if it's cheaper then thats good value. Unless I'm on the train listening to my mp3 the normal 65/70 minutes is hard to fit in at home. There has certainly been an upsurge in me offering to cook the tea when I know I can sneak in a whole listen to One by One as I'm doing it.
I didn't like the concept at first, as much as I liked the length of the album. Albums on 39 minutes are often the best!
To me the "coffee" reference and the gentle arrangements were too muzak/café atmosphere, but once you scratch in the surface of the music, there's really something interesting going on.

One Times One is a very consistent album in style and concept, and when I can get very provoked by Modesty and Greed (a rendition of Cool Breeze Brighton which has CF's stamp written all over it), TD and music can still catch my unspoiled attention.
Must admit that I was a little worried about the possibility of cup of coffee laid back cafe/arrangements but that hasn't happened...a very solid disc that rocks. Is there going to be more in the series?.. I hope so. I will definitely be getting them if there are.
"Sydney till I Die"
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

To be honest SFC, some of the flavours on 1X1 are actually more bitter than coffee!

I really like this release... give me guitar solos rather than Jon Anderson any day! :D

7/10
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I am happy with both Booster and OTO. Looking forward to more CDs and surprises in 2008.....got my i-box t-shirt through from eastgate as well as the DVDs today :D .
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Awesome! :D
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

Pertou wrote:To be honest SFC, some of the flavours on 1X1 are actually more bitter than coffee!

I really like this release... give me guitar solos rather than Jon Anderson any day! :D

7/10
I'd give it 8/10. Love the guitar solos also.
"Sydney till I Die"