One Times One

wayfarer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by wayfarer »

Michael66 wrote:For me, new music is good music when it triggers an atmosphere or feeling I haven't experienced yet. One Times One does that, so it's good music. :-)
I'm not so keen on dissecting the individual tracks, because it'd make the magic disappear...
Yes, I find that difficult to do. More so when I'm posting at work and nowhere near a TD track to review. :lol:
hansx

Post by hansx »

sparrow wrote:Loved by the sun is a beautiful track. I like the original on the Legend album more than the new version. But this version is also a beauty. 8)
Normally I like this track. On this cd I don't have the feeling that this is it.
Think it is a bit unnessesary. I rather had a new track on it instead of this one.
Another thing I wonder is, who is the (sampled) vocal on the cd?
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

hansx wrote:
sparrow wrote:Loved by the sun is a beautiful track. I like the original on the Legend album more than the new version. But this version is also a beauty. 8)
Normally I like this track. On this cd I don't have the feeling that this is it.
Think it is a bit unnessesary. I rather had a new track on it instead of this one.
Ok I'm getting a bit speculative here (just ignore if that's not your thing) -

I read up on Echnaton/Akhenaten on the web yesterday and found this on Wikipedia:

He [Akhenaten] is especially noted for attempting to compel the Egyptian population in the monotheistic worship of Aten
and there's this about "Aten" on Wikipedia:
Aten (or Aton) was the disk of the sun in ancient Egyptian mythology

Now there's a sun on the cover of "One Times One", there's Echnaton who sees the sun as symbolizing God according to Wikipedia, and then there's "Loved by the Sun" as a track name. I get the feeling we have a concept album here and that track just had to be there because of its title... :)

There's more, but before someone calls in the friendly guys with the straightjacket, I better shut up ... ;)
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Michael66 wrote:
hansx wrote:

I read up on Echnaton/Akhenaten on the web yesterday and found this on Wikipedia:

He [Akhenaten] is especially noted for attempting to compel the Egyptian population in the monotheistic worship of Aten

Now there's a sun on the cover of "One Times One", there's Echnaton who sees the sun as symbolizing God according to Wikipedia, and then there's "Loved by the Sun" as a track name. I get the feeling we have a concept album here and that track just had to be there because of its title... :)

There's more, but before someone calls in the friendly guys with the straightjacket, I better shut up ... ;)
Fascinating to read this, I always thought that the sun was featuring alot with TD. I really do hope that you can post more about it. :)
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

Michael66 wrote:
hansx wrote:

Hello Michael66,
....you nearly hit the jackpot! :wink: Keep it up!!
Regards,
EINSTEIN'S BARBER (ADMIN)
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
hansx

Post by hansx »

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:
Michael66 wrote:
hansx wrote: Normally I like this track. On this cd I don't have the feeling that this is it.

Hello Michael66,
Regards,
He EB, please let us know the complete story about it, am very curious about it, as I am a great Egyptian lover. Guess that you know that. :lol:
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Michael66 wrote: There's more, but before someone calls in the friendly guys with the straightjacket, I better shut up ... ;)
Hello Michael66,
Regards,
Hi EB, oops, you mean, first price really is a free weekend at the funny farm? :shock: :wink:

OTO anyone ... ? (bigmoog ?!) :-)
(Although I think OTO is a trap and Edgar's revenge for us here inventing an abbreviation like VFART...)

But EB, am I right Edgar still reads Ralph Waldo Emerson? Something about hypocritic days and barefoot dervishes maybe?
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

BM read this site while listening to TD

and ASHRA TEMPEL

http://www.heptune.com/Akhnaten.html

BM also recommends those interested in Ancient Egyptian arcana to check the following books

The Orion Mystery by bauval and gilbert

Genisis by David wood

both are still in print

big-RA-moog
...The wise.....are silent.....
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Michael66 wrote:
Michael66 wrote: There's more, but before someone calls in the friendly guys with the straightjacket, I better shut up ... ;)
Hello Michael66,
Regards,
Hi EB, oops, you mean, first price really is a free weekend at the funny farm? :shock: :wink:

OTO anyone ... ? (bigmoog ?!) :-)
(Although I think OTO is a trap and Edgar's revenge for us here inventing an abbreviation like VFART...)

But EB, am I right Edgar still reads Ralph Waldo Emerson? Something about hypocritic days and barefoot dervishes maybe?

there is an oddly occult theme in TD: Choronzon, Network 23, OTO etc*

* O rdo T empli O rientis [do a google]
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

bigmoog wrote:* O rdo T empli O rientis [do a google]
And if you take the Rosicrucians (see Mars Polaris story, C.R. = Christian Rosenkreuz, G.B. = Gautama Buddha) as the connecting element, you get this

Echnaton/Akhenaten ==> Rosicrusians ===> O.T.O.

Here's the connecting element between Akhenaten and the Rosicrucians:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMORC
and here's the connection between them and O.T.O.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosy_Cross

On the other hand (and that's why I think the reference to Ordo Templis Orientis could be just Edgar having a little fun with abbreviations!):
"One Times One" might be about Echnaton introducing the first monotheistic religion (see Wikipedia article) on planet Earth: 1 x 1 - meaning "The One God" or maybe also "We're all One". Something in that direction.

Does somebody have any idea what the "Gleeful poets crying softly" could be about? I have no clue so far. And why this gloomy cover artwork?
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Michael66 wrote:
bigmoog wrote:* O rdo T empli O rientis [do a google]
And if you take the Rosicrucians (see Mars Polaris story, C.R. = Christian Rosenkreuz, G.B. = Gautama Buddha) as the connecting element, you get this

Echnaton/Akhenaten ==> Rosicrusians ===> O.T.O.

Here's the connecting element between Akhenaten and the Rosicrucians:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMORC
and here's the connection between them and O.T.O.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosy_Cross

On the other hand (and that's why I think the reference to Ordo Templis Orientis could be just Edgar having a little fun with abbreviations!):
"One Times One" might be about Echnaton introducing the first monotheistic religion (see Wikipedia article) on planet Earth: 1 x 1 - meaning "The One God" or maybe also "We're all One". Something in that direction.

Does somebody have any idea what the "Gleeful poets crying softly" could be about? I have no clue so far. And why this gloomy cover artwork?

interesting, but I also feel that Tangerine Dream's music has an Alchemical quality, ie...its uncanny ability to meld themes and associative patterns into almost spiritual meaning, the music sits outside the boring norm as magickal :arrow:
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

It's Tangram-mical! :)

(the music and the meaning taking all kinds of shapes, only limited by the listener's imagination ... or determination to spend time on Google! ;-) )
hansx

Post by hansx »

Michael66 wrote:It's Tangram-mical! :)

(the music and the meaning taking all kinds of shapes, only limited by the listener's imagination ... or determination to spend time on Google! ;-) )
nah, I won't put it against Tangram, it is a decent recording but way of Tangram.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

hi hansx, I meant it about TD's music as a whole ... sorry I forgot to quote bm who said TD's music has an alchemical quality and I agree. :)

But I must say at the moment I listen to One Times One three times a day, so it looks like I like it a lot! I think it's fascinating that in addition to its Sun/Egypt theme it has this "Intergalactic Radio Station" feeling (to borrow an expression from Vangelis) ... ;)
Last edited by Michael66 on Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
har

Post by har »

mmhh ..very interesting.

here was me thinking 1 x 1 was 2 :wink:

Away to listen again in view of this new info :D