Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm
Posts: 4504
Location: Netherlands
JD wrote:
hansx wrote:
JD wrote:
hansx wrote:
I am curious how many of those cupdisc albums will be released. Hope not too much. I prefer one decent album from about an hour or so in lets say half a year. And one dvd in half a year.
Guess 3 or 4 products a year is enough. Usually a group makes one album in two year and maybe a dvd from a tour. So, we are spoiled in a way. :lol:


it depends on how prolific people are, for Edgar its easier as its mostly him 16 hours per day using computers, and bingo ...album produced, mixed and mastered. I dont think there should be a limit on how much a person should put out (unless its not good) , we dont have to be sheep in this life abiding to what the current norm is after all. Herd Mentality is mostly what got this world into the state its in now anyway ...look at the Americans too engrossed in their family sized KFC bucket and American Idol to notice what the Bush administration is doing with the Senate Bill 1959 for example ......
ooops ...gone off topic :)


hmm, correct.
But in case of the productivity. I vote for quality and not for quantity. What do we have on 10 cd's a year or so, which we never play cause of the bad quality. :(


I agree !! but I think in general its been a good year for TD releases ....or do you not think that ?


No complainings from me, only from my bankaccount and wife. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:58 pm
Posts: 541
Location: under the bed.
hansx wrote:
JD wrote:
hansx wrote:
JD wrote:
hansx wrote:
I am curious how many of those cupdisc albums will be released. Hope not too much. I prefer one decent album from about an hour or so in lets say half a year. And one dvd in half a year.
Guess 3 or 4 products a year is enough. Usually a group makes one album in two year and maybe a dvd from a tour. So, we are spoiled in a way. :lol:


it depends on how prolific people are, for Edgar its easier as its mostly him 16 hours per day using computers, and bingo ...album produced, mixed and mastered. I dont think there should be a limit on how much a person should put out (unless its not good) , we dont have to be sheep in this life abiding to what the current norm is after all. Herd Mentality is mostly what got this world into the state its in now anyway ...look at the Americans too engrossed in their family sized KFC bucket and American Idol to notice what the Bush administration is doing with the Senate Bill 1959 for example ......
ooops ...gone off topic :)


hmm, correct.
But in case of the productivity. I vote for quality and not for quantity. What do we have on 10 cd's a year or so, which we never play cause of the bad quality. :(


I agree !! but I think in general its been a good year for TD releases ....or do you not think that ?


No complainings from me, only from my bankaccount and wife. :lol:


ouch :? another eason not to get married 8)

_________________
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm
Posts: 4504
Location: Netherlands
JD wrote:
hansx wrote:
JD wrote:
hansx wrote:
JD wrote:
hansx wrote:
I am curious how many of those cupdisc albums will be released. Hope not too much. I prefer one decent album from about an hour or so in lets say half a year. And one dvd in half a year.
Guess 3 or 4 products a year is enough. Usually a group makes one album in two year and maybe a dvd from a tour. So, we are spoiled in a way. :lol:


it depends on how prolific people are, for Edgar its easier as its mostly him 16 hours per day using computers, and bingo ...album produced, mixed and mastered. I dont think there should be a limit on how much a person should put out (unless its not good) , we dont have to be sheep in this life abiding to what the current norm is after all. Herd Mentality is mostly what got this world into the state its in now anyway ...look at the Americans too engrossed in their family sized KFC bucket and American Idol to notice what the Bush administration is doing with the Senate Bill 1959 for example ......
ooops ...gone off topic :)


hmm, correct.
But in case of the productivity. I vote for quality and not for quantity. What do we have on 10 cd's a year or so, which we never play cause of the bad quality. :(


I agree !! but I think in general its been a good year for TD releases ....or do you not think that ?


No complainings from me, only from my bankaccount and wife. :lol:


ouch :? another eason not to get married 8)


But she can cook quite good, so there are other reasons on the opposite to be married.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
epsilon75 wrote:
:shock: :arrow: That has been mentioned on more than one occasion in this household :oops:

Might have cropped up in conversation once or twice here too. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
3018 views of this thread...and we haven't even heard a second yet :D...roll on the 12th

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
using my new vigil slide rule, it predicts that BM will take delivery of his 3 TD goodies on 21.12.2007 at 11.45 and will be posting thoughts on the music and DVD 3 hours later :D

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
bigmoog wrote:
using my new vigil slide rule, it predicts that BM will take delivery of his 3 TD goodies on 21.12.2007 at 11.45 and will be posting thoughts on the music and DVD 3 hours later :D


If that is the case BM mine should land here in the principality 22,12,07 at 1.30 pm and i'd be a happy camper :P

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:46 am
Posts: 2603
Location: Maroubra Bay
bigmoog wrote:
using my new vigil slide rule, it predicts that BM will take delivery of his 3 TD goodies on 21.12.2007 at 11.45 and will be posting thoughts on the music and DVD 3 hours later :D


You will definitely be getting them before me here in Australia. Looking forward to your reviews BM with eager anticipation.

Roll on the 12th :D

_________________
"Sydney till I Die"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:00 pm
Posts: 883
Location: Chelmsford - home of the Chelmsford TDBA
bigmoog wrote:
using my new vigil slide rule, it predicts that BM will take delivery of his 3 TD goodies on 21.12.2007 at 11.45 and will be posting thoughts on the music and DVD 3 hours later :D


That's a very positive outlook BM :lol:

I am slightly more pessmistic, knowing the state of Royal Mail in my area, and expect the goodies to arrive after crimbo.

_________________
http://wayfarer2006.blogspot.com/
http://www.last.fm/user/Browncoat
TDBA - Chelmsford Battalion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
My goods are special delivery, personally delivered by Edgar the Postman :idea:

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 11:56 am
Posts: 966
Location: Germany
I wonder if we get a first glimpse of One Times One on the jukebox around midnight.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
Michael66 wrote:
I wonder if we get a first glimpse of One Times One on the jukebox around midnight.



early tomorrow morning



BM VIGILS :D :idea:

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:46 am
Posts: 2603
Location: Maroubra Bay
Well it's the 12th(at least it is in Australia). I hope that QANTAS jet is ready. Waiting...waiting.

_________________
"Sydney till I Die"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
SydneyFC wrote:
Well it's the 12th(at least it is in Australia). I hope that QANTAS jet is ready. Waiting...waiting.


Id say another 12 hours and the goodies should be on their way to the Berlin Post office ( We Hope) :wink:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:46 am
Posts: 2603
Location: Maroubra Bay
12 hours to post office...then 24 hours to Oz. Got to think positive.

_________________
"Sydney till I Die"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next
Page 7 of 18 [ 266 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage