3 O' Clock High

rattymouse
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

3 O' Clock High

Post by rattymouse »

Finally got a chance to see 3 O' Clock High this weekend. For some strange reason, a lot of TD scored movies are coming on cable these days. Plus, Legend is coming back to the Theatre this month.

Anyways, 3 O'Clock high is an absolutely DREADFUL film. Oh my Frigg'in god but it was apparent after only 15 minutes of this movie that it would s*&ck (thanks TD) beyond belief. Just an appallingly bad film without the slightest pretense of art.

I did not recall the soundtrack music before watching the film. During the movie, the music is set so low that it was extremely hard to hear. Some no name rock music gets to do the opening and closing titles.

Seriously, it would have been darn near impossible to decern that this was TD's music without knowing in advance. Additionally, the music did NOTHING whatsoever to help or embellish the film. Of course, the film was so bad that a good soundtrack would have been a waste.

I am sure that the soundtrack album is better than the movie itself.

It is a crushing disappointment that a bad of TD's stature would sink to such a low level to produce music for such a disgusting film. A complete and total waste of their artistic talents. And of course, as we all know, the crushing work load of the '80s is why the band lost both CF and JS. To produce music for films like this???

edit: to bypass TD's pitiful censorship.
Last edited by rattymouse on Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

the film and soundtrack do not appear on the BM radar...... :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
JD

Post by JD »

bigmoog wrote:the film and soundtrack do not appear on the BM radar...... :arrow:
the soundtrack has some very good moments including good tracks from Sylvester Levay.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

shocked, BM admits to not listening to the soundtrack, ever :oops:
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

bigmoog wrote:the film and soundtrack do not appear on the BM radar...... :arrow:
You must have the radar set on Quality.
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

bigmoog wrote:shocked, BM admits to not listening to the soundtrack, ever :oops:
As much as "Go to the Head of the Class" is a rehash of "Love on a Real Train," I absolutely love it.

Been a while, but I seem to remember really liking this film. Sort of a unique take on the average bully-and-victim film routine.
ant

Post by ant »

:D I really enjoyed this film. Ok it is not an Oscar winner sure but it was fun enough. Believe me I have seen a lot worse (most Eddie Murphy films for one!!). Soundtrack was ok too although tracks are far too short. :D
Biggus Dickus
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

my soundtrack head is unfortunately stuck in sorcerer/thief/firestarter/keep/miraclemile :arrow: :D
JD

Post by JD »

bigmoog wrote:shocked, BM admits to not listening to the soundtrack, ever :oops:
Try and find a copy, there are some really good tracks on it , especially( like mentioned earlier) the Love on a real train sound-a-likes ...
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

bigmoog wrote:my soundtrack head is unfortunately stuck in sorcerer/thief/firestarter/keep/miraclemile :arrow: :D
No Wavelength or Flashpoint?
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Beaubourg wrote:
bigmoog wrote:my soundtrack head is unfortunately stuck in sorcerer/thief/firestarter/keep/miraclemile :arrow: :D
add those as well :D

I adore the listed ST's........ :D
JD

Post by JD »

bigmoog wrote:
Beaubourg wrote:

now wavelength is a poor film :shock:
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

JD wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
Beaubourg wrote: No Wavelength or Flashpoint?

now wavelength is a poor film :shock:
Yeah, I definitely seem to remember that. (Hell, just have a look at the cd cover.) :shock:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I only listen to TD soundtracks (that I like.......) in isolation, as apart from Sorcerer and thief n keep, most of the other films leave me stiffer than MDF
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

bigmoog wrote:I only listen to TD soundtracks (that I like.......) in isolation, as apart from Sorcerer and thief n keep, most of the other films leave me stiffer than MDF
Near Dark, and Firestarter, AWESOME soundtracks.