3 O' Clock High

rattymouse
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by rattymouse »

JD wrote:
Seeker_UK wrote:
rattymouse wrote:I tried to warn everyone. That movie just blew chunks. Terrible, disgusting film. Did TD even read the script before they wasted a note on it???
No, there was no mention on the original pay cheque of the lack of quality in that film . :wink:
or the subsequent royalty cheques ! after looking through the selection of other films TD have scored on the youtube link posted in the Red Heat thread ..then this film isnt the worst by a long way.
now that is one scary thought.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

never got round to seeing the movie although the cover looks interesting, I do like crappy 80s movies, its a guilty pleasure of mine so i must look out for the movie and watch it!
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

the only review I can find is

"A terrific Phil Joanou flick about high school and its many travails, encapsulated in the tail of one particular schnook, a really short and underdeveloped loser named Jerry Mitchell, who must face the very tall and very well built school bully at the end of a particularly trying school day. Everything that can go wrong goes wrong before their showdown. Wonderfully acted by a mostly no-name cast, and beautifully photographed to boot. Casey Siemaszko is so believeable as our put-upon hero, the movie at times becomes downright painful to watch. As good an 80s flick as SIXTEEN CANDLES or BREAKFAST CLUB, and largely unseen for reasons unknown. It does play on TV occasionally, and lately has been running on A&E. "

Have to say I like the sound of it...Breakfast Club was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

cantosis wrote:the only review I can find is

"A terrific Phil Joanou flick about high school and its many travails, encapsulated in the tail of one particular schnook, a really short and underdeveloped loser named Jerry Mitchell, who must face the very tall and very well built school bully at the end of a particularly trying school day. Everything that can go wrong goes wrong before their showdown. Wonderfully acted by a mostly no-name cast, and beautifully photographed to boot. Casey Siemaszko is so believeable as our put-upon hero, the movie at times becomes downright painful to watch. As good an 80s flick as SIXTEEN CANDLES or BREAKFAST CLUB, and largely unseen for reasons unknown. It does play on TV occasionally, and lately has been running on A&E. "

Have to say I like the sound of it...Breakfast Club was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid.
And Sixteen Candles is an Eighties classic. I sold my VHS copy recently for a very respectable price.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Hobo wrote:

And Sixteen Candles is an Eighties classic. I sold my VHS copy recently for a very respectable price.

yeh all of them are classices...weird science and Ferris Bueller
8) 8)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

rattymouse wrote:
Pertou wrote:Tried watching the film today. Fell asleep ... blah - blah - blah

yada yada yada

I tried to warn everyone. That movie just blew chunks. Terrible, disgusting film. Did TD even read the script before they wasted a note on it???
Your warnings are often making me more interested, Rattymouse!

8)
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

rattymouse wrote:
JD wrote:
Seeker_UK wrote: No, there was no mention on the original pay cheque of the lack of quality in that film . :wink:
or the subsequent royalty cheques ! after looking through the selection of other films TD have scored on the youtube link posted in the Red Heat thread ..then this film isnt the worst by a long way.
Go on! Rent 'Strange Behaviour' ! You know you want to :twisted: :twisted:
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

billythefish wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
JD wrote: or the subsequent royalty cheques ! after looking through the selection of other films TD have scored on the youtube link posted in the Red Heat thread ..then this film isnt the worst by a long way.
Go on! Rent 'Strange Behaviour' ! You know you want to :twisted: :twisted:
Funny you should say that BTF but, up until now, I didn't give two hoots about Strange Behaviour or 3 O'Clock High . Now I'm seriously thinking about renting them. How bad can they be?

Does anyone remember that series of films on the telly called "The Worst of Hollywood"?
hansx

Post by hansx »

I can asure you, Breakfast Club was way better than this one. Hardly never seen a bad movie like this one. :cry:
jacob

Post by jacob »

The director Phil Joanou, talks about the how the collaboration with TD went at a Q&A September 10th, 2008. Hmmm....interesting :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLYOzpZ-waE @ 1:25-5:00
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

jacob wrote:The director Phil Joanou, talks about the how the collaboration with TD went at a Q&A September 10th, 2008. Hmmm....interesting :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLYOzpZ-waE @ 1:25-5:00
Nice one, love the soundtrack and love the movie :oops:
24db

Post by 24db »

:D :D :D...I'm with TD though, having seen the film it's about as funny as a night in with thrush :)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

24db wrote::D :D :D...I'm with TD though, having seen the film it's about as funny as a night in with thrush :)

You have to watch it with the spirit of the 80s
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Think someone mentioned it earlier but Three o'clock High fits quite snuggly in my collection between Ferris Bueller and Wierd Science. Some clever filming if your anorak enough to notice stuff like that and a good easy no brainer storyline. Reasonably priced too on certain online based retailers based in Jersey :-)
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
24db wrote::D :D :D...I'm with TD though, having seen the film it's about as funny as a night in with thrush :)

You have to watch it with the spirit of the 80s

I have to be lashed up with Castlemaine XXXX? :D