Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:49 am
Posts: 296
Summer In Nagasaki is a masterpiece. Looking forward to Hiroshima.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
Nero wrote:
Summer In Nagasaki is a masterpiece. Looking forward to Hiroshima.



Well summed up Nero 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:02 am
Posts: 84
Location: Worthing (hub of the known universe)
OK that's torn it

My initial post was a sort of challenge because to be honest I though TD, and in particular Edgar had nothing musically interesting to say for me – how wrong was I.

Based on your recommendations I finally decided that springtime in Nagesaki was the one to go for, and in order to appreciate it I would give it a few plays and a fair hearing before I reported back to you all.

Well despite Itunes insisting on playing the tracks in reverse order (anyone know how to fix that?) I have to say that it is the best thing heard from TD for the best part of two decades, touching, beautiful and moving, I feel Edgar has put heart and soul into this one - not only that , but though I'm just an old fan, he has restored my faith in his music - not that that really means anything.

However, now I feel much more positive towards the band (and that has to be a good thing) and will probably buy the rest of this series, given time I may even plump for another recent recording of new material (I'm not much interested in reworks though) and that is my next decision.

Thanks for all your recommendations

Kevin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Nice one Kevin, I agree....you should try the next one... I've got to admit that my initial reaction to hearing that Summer in Nagasaki was composed ONLY by Edgar was lukewarm at best, but I was floored when I heard it, I'm not sure whether the subject matter is making up for any short comings in the music (who can say?)...but for me it's Edgar's real masterpiece, not flawless but much better than quite a lot of TD's output

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
24db wrote:
Nice one Kevin, I agree....you should try the next one... I've got to admit that my initial reaction to hearing that Summer in Nagasaki was composed ONLY by Edgar was lukewarm at best, but I was floored when I heard it, I'm not sure whether the subject matter is making up for any short comings in the music (who can say?)...but for me it's Edgar's real masterpiece, not flawless but much better than quite a lot of TD's output

Nicely put Andy. Summer in Nagasaki has really grown on me and has all the signs of being a classic TD album.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:02 am
Posts: 84
Location: Worthing (hub of the known universe)
hey ho

I'm on a role now -Just bought booster as well

Really liking it on first play - hypersphinx, and metaphor 1 and 2 really standing out for me on disk 1 - great on Ipod walking by the sea at night. Disk 2 looks to have plenty of new material to enjoy as well.

Thanks all for getting me back on track


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
Mac cuber transfer wrote:
hey ho

I'm on a role now -Just bought booster as well

Really liking it on first play - hypersphinx, and metaphor 1 and 2 really standing out for me on disk 1 - great on Ipod walking by the sea at night. Disk 2 looks to have plenty of new material to enjoy as well.

Thanks all for getting me back on track


Ive got a feeling we are about to be amazed again with these new releases especially Views from a Red Train, with the full crew on board :wink: this is going to be the full monty. :P


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
timer wrote:
Mac cuber transfer wrote:
hey ho

I'm on a role now -Just bought booster as well

Really liking it on first play - hypersphinx, and metaphor 1 and 2 really standing out for me on disk 1 - great on Ipod walking by the sea at night. Disk 2 looks to have plenty of new material to enjoy as well.

Thanks all for getting me back on track


Ive got a feeling we are about to be amazed again with these new releases especially Views from a Red Train, with the full crew on board :wink: this is going to be the full monty. :P


And the inclusion of Carmel Calif is the icing on the cake 8)

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
epsilon75 wrote:
timer wrote:
Mac cuber transfer wrote:
hey ho

I'm on a role now -Just bought booster as well

Really liking it on first play - hypersphinx, and metaphor 1 and 2 really standing out for me on disk 1 - great on Ipod walking by the sea at night. Disk 2 looks to have plenty of new material to enjoy as well.

Thanks all for getting me back on track


Ive got a feeling we are about to be amazed again with these new releases especially Views from a Red Train, with the full crew on board :wink: this is going to be the full monty. :P


And the inclusion of Carmel Calif is the icing on the cake 8)


And for that to be the pre release teaser - i think were in for a treat. :)
Only a week to wait. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage