SBE 2005 DVD

ant
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by ant »

:( Another mediocre review of this concerts DVD in DVD Review (Issue 105). Saying it must have been difficult for the camera man to make it interesting with them just sitting there with their backs to the audience, obviously not getting that that was a big part of the TD concert experience in the seventies and that this was to give the fans a nice reminder of those days. I do wish they would give these things to people who understand the band they are reviewing and not to those who obviously have not got a clue, after all it is the people who are not into TD that these reviews should be reaching and hopefully attracting but that is not going to happen when you get this type of useless comments. It certainly does not help TD gain a wider fan base that's for sure. Still, I suppose we have lived with this kind of nonsense reviewing from the start so it really should not be a surprise. :(
Biggus Dickus
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Sadly Ant this seems to be the standard of these critical media buffoons today..........25 year olds with an ego as big as the sears tower who have absolutely no knowledge of the band or their past whatsoever,these completely clueless clowns are enough to make an onion cry :roll: :evil:

Why dont they stick to reveiwing the same old indie rock bands who all sound exactly the same,thats about the young grizzlies standard :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

eff um

BM will write a review, allow me half an hour to go find a brain :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
ant

Post by ant »

:D Have done a little review of this on the Play.com site which I hope is a little better than that in DVD Review.
:D
Biggus Dickus
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

ant wrote::D Have done a little review of this on the Play.com site which I hope is a little better than that in DVD Review.
excellent reveiw (Dicky1) :lol: :arrow: knowledgeable and honest .....cant fault it 8) :wink:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

:D great review ant

BMs review : Its 2005 and Tanger[ N E X T 500 Words C E N S O R E D ], superb, despite some technical glitches, highly recommended DVD of a memorable concert.
...The wise.....are silent.....
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

billythefish wrote:
jimi wrote:
tangmaster wrote:Got my copy of the double DVD. Nice to see some interviews with the band members, and also the fans. But the concert is nice to watch, but there are also problems in the Phaedra section. No the sound isn't that good at all, but who cares. Talking to Maddox in case of the guitar part, for me it's the same as on the Orange Light Years. But comment good or bad, i do have fun with this one.
I'm glad somebody else noticed the 'problem' in the Phaedra track. Seems they didnt't get the loop right. I'm sure that didn't occur during the concert. As for the guitar solo IMO it should have been left out on the DVD, since the previous tracks have such a 'live' feeling, much more so than on the Tempodrome DVD, but that is just my opinion.
I do remember the Pheadra glitch happening on the night. There was much to-ing and fro-ing of engineers at Edgar's feet, and quite a lot of frowning from the Viking himself.
I also remember the Phaedra glitch. In fact I think it was more noticable on the night, lots of scurring about and a few blank looks. None of that appears to have made it on to the DVD. Sad as I am, I think it's a shame, it gave the night a real live feel.
Last edited by Chris Monk on Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

ant wrote:Saying it must have been difficult for the camera man to make it interesting with them just sitting there with their backs to the audience, obviously not getting that that was a big part of the TD concert experience in the seventies and that this was to give the fans a nice reminder of those days.
The muppets. It was one of the things that made the night very special for me. :roll:
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

I clearly notice the glitch, Jerome looks around at Edgar or TQ, almost embarrassed! :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I noticed Edgar did have a clear equipment problem at one time as one of the technicians was fiddling around below him :arrow:
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

ant wrote::D Have done a little review of this on the Play.com site which I hope is a little better than that in DVD Review.
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3357765/ ... oduct.html

Short and precise! Now I don't have to do one!
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Pertou wrote:
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3357765/ ... oduct.html

Short and precise! Now I don't have to do one!
Jacob do one anyway the more the better
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Got round to watching bits of the DVD today after it came from CD Services with my Madcap t-shirt :D

As I wasn`t there on the night I am glad to get to see the peformance. I didn`t think the picture quality was that bad considering some of the comments I have seen on here.

I have only broused through it so far, put Backstreet Hero on first as its one of my faves but very gutted to see the sound has been messed with especially with Percia`s guitar, ruins it a bit for me :(. Also the drumming on a lot of it sounds a bit errrr out of sync to what Iris is doing??

So those bits are very annoying but having said that disc 2 saves it as its great to see band interviews especially an extended one with edgar. this disc 2 is very good even if the woman interviewer is a bit cringy.

I look forward to watching the concert in full tomorrow when my wife is at work and the baby is at her nans ;)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

cantosis wrote:I have only broused through it so far, put Backstreet Hero on first as its one of my faves but very gutted to see the sound has been messed with especially with Percia`s guitar, ruins it a bit for me :(.
Yep it is annoying, especially since the guitar playing on the night was exceptional, but we were told that there were problems with the recording and obviously this is the result. I have to say that I'd rather have the DVD with these slight annoyances than not have the DVD at all.
cantosis wrote:Also the drumming on a lot of it sounds a bit errrr out of sync to what Iris is doing??
One of the guys on tadream (possibly Chris Owen but I'm not sure) was saying this is probably due to the low lighting levels. I've no idea how it works, may be something to do with low frame rates and stuff, but it can result in this sort of effect. They also may have floated in shots from other bits of the show or the rehersals to fill gaps in the recording.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Got this one finally. Like it more than Tempodrome. The music is thrilling me. Expect to play it more than Tempodrome, of course that isn't a bad one either.
Why isn't TD playing this sort of concerts in other countries than GB and Germany. :cry: