SBE 2005 DVD

harmonicaman
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by harmonicaman »

ant wrote::( Another mediocre review of this concerts DVD in DVD Review (Issue 105). Saying it must have been difficult for the camera man to make it interesting with them just sitting there with their backs to the audience, obviously not getting that that was a big part of the TD concert experience in the seventies and that this was to give the fans a nice reminder of those days. :(
I saw TD quite a few times in 75, 76, 78 - and on, I was also at the SBE 2005 show, but I'm afraid your comments are seen through rose coloured glasses of someone who wasn't there at the time.

I remember very well sitting and watching TD and a mostly improvised set, which is what we experienced back then, but at SBE in 2005 what I found was the audience shiffling their feet, not knowing what to do and fidgetting during "strand of nightmares", etc,

God knows what that audience would have made of the show at say York Minster, which I attended, or any of the other 75/76 shows I attended, , where over half of it fell into the same ambient territory, and none of it was even familiar.... Though I will hazard a guess, that the fan recording of York or any of the other 75/76 shows would be totally unlistenable due to the endless talking of those people.

and some of those people fidgetting around, post on this board - they all talked the talk in the pub beforehand, and certainly weren't old enough to have experienced TD in the 70's

So it got a bad review, so what ?
Did you like it...if so then whats the problem,

if not - what does it matter ?, except to the self professed superfans and self professed authorities, frankly who are clueless fact repeaters/

TD have some of the best fans in the world
They also have some of the worst - loud mouthed gobby anoraks who think they own the band, maybe the reviewer met one of them.

Frankfurt awaits
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

Steady on Harmonicaman !

I thought the whole point of the Forum was to exchenge views. It doesn't matter if you've followed the band forty years or forty minutes all opinions are valid and welcome.

As for "loudmouthed gobby anoraks," is that your autobiography ?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

:shock: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

:arrow:
Last edited by bigmoog on Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...The wise.....are silent.....
ant

Post by ant »

:D Harmonicaman - I was there and have been to so many TD gigs since about 1974 that I have lost count. I loved the SBE gig and 'my problem' is that I get very p****d off with people reviewing TD that have not got a clue what they are talking about. And that goes for some people posting on here too, although thankfully most are really nice guys!! :D
Biggus Dickus
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

A few 'bum' notes there Harmonicaman.

My first TD concert was at the age of 12 in 1974 or did i imagine it. :shock:

I rob a line from Max Boyce 'I know as i was there' and apart from a couple of gigs, 2005 being one of them so the DVD is valuable from that point of view, i've seen TD perform many a time good & bad since then.
I wouldn't class myself as a superfan just a follower.
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Echosnare

Post by Echosnare »

You know, it's times like these, sitting on the sidelines of this forum that you realise WHY you do so.

Superfans, pedants, semi literate morons, sometimes all rolled into the one person. It fair puts you off the place.

It is also a prime example of why only a tiny minority of the registered members actually bother to post.

Most, I suspect, like myself get bored of the same inanities, gibberish, & sycophancy, & it's only when you get someone who says something you don't like, that it stirs anything approaching intelligent thought, though not usually from the above-mentioned. God help you if you dare have a differing view from a "superfan". You may read, "I don't agree with so and so's opinion, but I respect him for voicing it", only to also read the cheap jibes from the same people on other threads regarding your opinion.

Harmonica man has the right to say his piece, as does anyone else, & the sooner the "inner circle" realise that, the better for the majority of the forum members.

Maybe the inanities, gibberish & sycophancy would be better off in another forum, and a place for reasoned debate might just be found here.

Though I doubt it.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

hows your forum doing graeme? :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

If you go through the whole of this forum you will not see a message of malice from me or an attempt to talk anyone down whatsoever......there are NO superfans here,as i have said time and time again everyone here is treated the same by me wether he/she has posted 10 times or 10,000 times.........
I had a few smart arsed b******ds try to call me a few things via private emails a few weeks back,nasty un-called for and totally unfounded comments.......there are people out there who take great delight in popping in now and again to stir up the nonsense on a peaceful forum,i treat every single person with respect,the only time i will fire back is if i think people are taking the p*** which sadly happened in the past,but thats all water under the bridge........

If anyone can point me in the direction of a post that i have put here that has kicked off this current issue feel free to do so,but i certainly dont think you will find it.....

Ive said my piece and remember one thing.......there are NO superfans here,we are all here for one reason.....to buy and comment on our favorite band Tangerine Dream,amongst other soppy madness....

THERE IS ENOUGH MISERY IN THE WORLD AS IT IS :arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

There's no way that anybody could criticise you mate.

Like wise if I've stepped on anybody's toes I'd like them to point out when it was please, I'll be big enough to apologise if people are equally big enough to point out where I've annoyed them
(I would have replied early today, but my computer is playing up)

cheers
timer

Post by timer »

' Inner Cirle' sounds like a knitting club to me !
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:' Inner Cirle' sounds like a knitting club to me !
Which reminds me how's your missus coming along with that knitting pattern? :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
Which reminds me how's your missus coming along with that knitting pattern? :wink:
Chris

Thats a corker mate :lol: I dont think you're going to let this go till the top is in your hands :mrgreen:
timer

Post by timer »

Chris Monk wrote:
Work stopped play I affraid, if you are going to the Cardiff bash Sat ask her / persuede her to do it !.
Also if you havent got your Astoria DVD yet find me out !.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Work stopped play I affraid, if you are going to the Cardiff bash Sat ask her / persuede her to do it !.
Also if you havent got your Astoria DVD yet find me out !.
Got an email from CDS today to say that the TD goodies have arrived so you never know.