SBE 2005 DVD

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

Hobo wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
24db wrote:The fan that's selling the disc has done more to help other fans than most people on this list, so I say good luck to him
Help like that, I could do without. I think that the sum of at least £5 is extremely poor value for a cdr of a radio stream recording.
I haven't got a problem in this case. It's not like the seller is putting a gun to anybody's head and it's not exactly a must have item, just an interesting curio. It will only sell if someone is prepared to pay the asking price and then it will be worth it to them. That's what ebay is all about.
That's my take on things, this one keeps coming up and I really can't get worked up about it. If some one wants to pay large sums of money for something then that's up to them. No one's forcing them to buy it and it's their money.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I'm not "worked up" and not "got a problem with..." either.... It is just that I'm not apathetic about a ridiculous starting price for a cdr recording of a radio stream which is free and not meant for resale.
Last edited by Desert_Voyager on Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tangram12

ebay

Post by tangram12 »

the cd i have put on ebay is not a cdr, it is a factory pressed interview disc with edgar froese which features music from the forthcoming album madcap's flaming duty, it is quiet a good listen :D , i am not forcing anyone to bid on it, i just recieved two copies.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

I remember reading that the SBE DVD was likely not to happen, as Thorsten said, that the sound didn't turn out as expected.
I wonder if the sound is coming from the microphones off the cameras? In fact, I hope so. The most recent TT cd's are great, because they really embody the atmosphere of the show, and the microphones just seems to become better and better.
My favourite concert dvd's has no computer graphics, and they didn't have any at the show, I hope we'll be without that.

It was one hell of an evening. The clip of Oriental Haze looked awesome.
I can't wait.
epsilon75

Re: ebay

Post by epsilon75 »

tangram12 wrote:the cd i have put on ebay is not a cdr, it is a factory pressed interview disc with edgar froese which features music from the forthcoming album madcap's flaming duty, it is quiet a good listen :D , i am not forcing anyone to bid on it, i just recieved two copies.

Great to see you here Duncan,any TD forum should never be without your wealth of TD knowledge...... :wink: :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Desert_Voyager wrote:I'm not "worked up" and not "got a problem with..." either.... It is just that I'm not apathetic about a ridiculous starting price for a cdr recording of a radio stream which is free and not meant for resale.
Sorry, didn't mean to suggest you had. I was just expressing my view on this case.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
harmonicaman

Post by harmonicaman »

tangram12 wrote:the cd i have put on ebay is not a cdr, it is a factory pressed interview disc with edgar froese which features music from the forthcoming album madcap's flaming duty, it is quiet a good listen :D , i am not forcing anyone to bid on it, i just recieved two copies.
Strangely I think everyone who signed up for one and lives in the UK got two copies.

I did as did 3 other people I know of, its even more strange as the envelopes were handwritten !!!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

harmonicaman wrote:
Strangely I think everyone who signed up for one and lives in the UK got two copies.

I did as did 3 other people I know of, its even more strange as the envelopes were handwritten !!!
No. I only got one copy. Unless Bristol is now no longer part of the UK. :wink:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Big of Moog got one copy and a voiceprint catalogue....the handwritten (2nd class stamped) envelope read: Mr BMooG, C/O seagull (departed). :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

Chris Monk wrote:
harmonicaman wrote:

No. I only got one copy. Unless Bristol is now no longer part of the UK. :wink:
Only one copy here in Banbury UK :)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I got two copies of the Madcaps PROMO :? not complaining tho :D
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Only one for me. It's a very nice one though.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Hobo wrote:Only one for me. It's a very nice one though.
One for me too, but a nice freebie nonetheless.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

billythefish wrote:
Very nice. Can't quite understand why I have to listen to it over and over, including Edgar's interview, it's not like he's going to say something different each time. :wink:

1st time: Edgar "No vocals what so ever".
2nd time: Edgar "Well may be one or two words but well down in the mix".
3rd time: Edgar "Actually one or two tracks might have vocals".
4th time: Edgar "About half the album will have some sort of vocal track".
5th time: Edgar "Most of the album will have vocals".
6th time: Edgar "Every track has vocals".
7th time: Edgar "You still listening to this...... get yourself a life".
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
billythefish wrote:
Very nice. Can't quite understand why I have to listen to it over and over, including Edgar's interview, it's not like he's going to say something different each time. :wink:

1st time: Edgar "No vocals what so ever".
2nd time: Edgar "Well may be one or two words but well down in the mix".
3rd time: Edgar "Actually one or two tracks might have vocals".
4th time: Edgar "About half the album will have some sort of vocal track".
5th time: Edgar "Most of the album will have vocals".
6th time: Edgar "Every track has vocals".
7th time: Edgar "You still listening to this...... get yourself a life".
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: