Does The Team Think!

SydneyFC
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by SydneyFC »

I love the sound of sampled vocals...sounds so futuristic. Pop music for the 21st Century
"Sydney till I Die"
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

im only speculating but i think the samples come from some of the ladies who sang on The Divine Comedy trilogy.

You can also hear 'orchestral' type samples on the first part of Navel of Light...again sound like parts of Divine Comedy trilogy.
hansx

Post by hansx »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:im only speculating but i think the samples come from some of the ladies who sang on The Divine Comedy trilogy.

You can also hear 'orchestral' type samples on the first part of Navel of Light...again sound like parts of Divine Comedy trilogy.
I also wondered who the voice is in another threat and for me I also think this could be a possibility. In contradiction to the trilogy I don't think that the voices are annoying here. I like it.
24db

Post by 24db »

hansx wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:im only speculating but i think the samples come from some of the ladies who sang on The Divine Comedy trilogy.

I also wondered who the voice is in another threat and for me I also think this could be a possibility. In contradiction to the trilogy I don't think that the voices are annoying here. I like it.
sampled voices always (rather weirdly) fit TD's music, perhaps in this case it's the electronic treatment that makes it sit better within the sound spectrum?
hansx

Post by hansx »

24db wrote:
hansx wrote:

sampled voices always (rather weirdly) fit TD's music, perhaps in this case it's the electronic treatment that makes it sit better within the sound spectrum?
That could be the case. I usually don't like womens voices in songs. They scream too much. :lol:
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

prophetfive wrote:
Michael66 wrote:Didn't Mike Oldfield recently made a record containing computer-generated female vocals? Maybe it helps comparing it to One Times One for finding out which of the voices there are computer-generated too and which voices are not ... ?
:D :D Having another listen, now. Some are definitely 'samples' because you can here the clipping. However, the longer sections, I'm not so sure. :?: :wink: :arrow:
Thorsten has played a Roland V synth on recent concerts. I have the V synth XT which is the rack mount version and it is one of my favourite synths. It uses clever Roland Variphrase technology for vocal plays fantastically, modificiation and simulation. I think Edgar is experimenting with the technique a lot on One Times One!
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I have no comment about it. :!:

:!: :arrow:
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

Theres also a lot of sample CD's on the the market that can be used for commercial purposes. I'd love to know where Edgar got the vocal hooks for Bells of Accra and the vocal fx for 1x1.

Could be a yamaha Fs1r making the effects on 1x1????????????
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

24db wrote:
hansx wrote:

I think it's the sound of the familar, the voice, which can emphasis the cosmic sounds which makes the rest of the music.

or is it the ramblings of a 45+ old man :shock:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
24db

Post by 24db »

alipaul wrote:
24db wrote:
hansx wrote: I also wondered who the voice is in another threat and for me I also think this could be a possibility. In contradiction to the trilogy I don't think that the voices are annoying here. I like it.
I think it's the sound of the familar, the voice, which can emphasis the cosmic sounds which makes the rest of the music.

or is it the ramblings of a 45+ old man :shock:
no idea...I'm 44 :P
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

I find the voice samples ok as long as they don't overdo it. I have an aversion against the ahhhh-ehhh-iihh-ohhh-uuuhhhh sample choir though ...