TD music for a wedding

elgreco
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD music for a wedding

Post by elgreco »

Hi,

I have the joy to get married in a few months... and thinking about the music we could use during the (civil) ceremony, I was just wondering if some TD music could fit...

I don't really think we will use TD music for real - perhaps if my girlfriends becomes a fan in the months to come : who knows ? :wink: - but what do the other members of this forum think about it ???

Which TD song would you use for a wedding ?
Le plus grand don que Dieu, dans sa largesse, fit en créant, le plus conforme à sa bonté, celui auquel il accorde le plus de prix, fut la liberté de la volonté.
(Dante)
timer

Re: TD music for a wedding

Post by timer »

elgreco wrote:Hi,

I have the joy to get married in a few months... and thinking about the music we could use during the (civil) ceremony, I was just wondering if some TD music could fit...

I don't really think we will use TD music for real - perhaps if my girlfriends becomes a fan in the months to come : who knows ? :wink: - but what do the other members of this forum think about it ???

Which TD song would you use for a wedding ?
I have used Td's music on two occasions for wedding music for my Step Daughter - went down very well. :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I recently tried to persuade them to let me have Elf June and the Midnight Patrol played at my Dad's funeral but was told that it had to be music that my Dad would have approved of though. However I think it would work just as well at a wedding.

If I had my time over again I'd try to have some TD played at my wedding. As it was we were married in a church that had a very very good church organist and that was pretty damned good. I wonder if there are any TD pieces that could be played on the church organ?
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Chris Monk wrote:I wonder if there are any TD pieces that could be played on the church organ?
"Sunrise in the Third System" (Alpha Centauri) from around 1:20. Would be a very cosmic wedding music though! :D
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

I think that "Berlin Summer Nights" from Destination Berlin would be perfect on a wedding.
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

The 7 minute version of Unicorn Theme is a beautiful piece for a wedding. Twenty Nine Palms is another nice one!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

TangFanIRL wrote:The 7 minute version of Unicorn Theme is a beautiful piece for a wedding. Twenty Nine Palms is another nice one!

Good shout Conrad :idea: :idea: 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

United Goblins Parade from Goblins Club for me every time!
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Song of the Whale pt.2..sublime memorable and beautiful.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

should BM and MsBM ever tie thee knot after 13 years together in sin, then I shall get the church organ to play all four sides of zeit [obviously], thus it would take an age to get up the isle to that altar and would bore the congregation into zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and BM could then do a runner in a high speed hearse
...The wise.....are silent.....
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

TangFanIRL wrote:The 7 minute version of Unicorn Theme is a beautiful piece for a wedding. Twenty Nine Palms is another nice one!
I was going to suggest Twenty-Nine Palms as well. A lovely song.
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

rotwang wrote:
I was going to suggest Twenty-Nine Palms as well. A lovely song.
Good call. One of my favourites that I can listen to over and over again!
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

Loved by the sun I think would be very fitting from the music of the movie Legend.

But there are more beautiful pieces that would work

:D 8) :!: :arrow: Geoff
hansx

Post by hansx »

I really can not imagine how a wedding is with TD music. Guess you will all your guests. :lol:
But serious, indeed Loved by the sun would be a splendid choice.
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Taximan431 wrote:Loved by the sun I think would be very fitting from the music of the movie Legend.

But there are more beautiful pieces that would work

:D 8) :!: :arrow: Geoff
Geoff, our other good friend from Dublin, Sean Garland, who is also a big TD fan, had me in stitches laughing last time we met - he came up with hilarious alternative lyrics to this great TD tune which he penned as 'Loved By Me Mum'!!! I must get him to write them down as I think you'd all find them very funny! :-D