Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:13 pm
Posts: 869
Location: Twiddling with a HiFi system somewhere
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Pure gold-dust Andy. Made me laugh. I've always thought that Fricke was supposed to be the master technician, a back room boffin but this sheds a new light on his career.


In all fairness to Florian chances are that like TD he got the Moog without a manual, so needed some help geting his round how it functioned. Don't believe me, then download the free demo version of the Arturia MMV Moog Modular and have a go yourself:

http://www.arturia.com/en/demos.php?product=mmv



Ive been fiddling around with this for weeks and making some wonderfully weird sounds :D

Wow!!! That is so much fun. Been getting some real Wakeman like sounds out of it. Got the sequencer running but not been able to get any sound out of it yet. I can se what you mean about not having a manual.


use the dropdown keyboard (top right of the control panel)


May I also suggest the KS sequences - use the little "green" windows top left to drop down a huge pre set library. They can be easily altered and tweaked. Nothing like having the real thing in front of you I'm sure, but it's huge fun and any setting/sequence you've made can be saved with the demo version, so at least you can go back for more fun later... Now, about that keyboard I need to buy...

Any idea how you can change the pitch of a sequence "on the fly", as you can on the Artura ARP2600 (select "hold" and then hit different keys)? If I hit a key it changes pitch but stops as soon as the key is released....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
DSJR wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Pure gold-dust Andy. Made me laugh. I've always thought that Fricke was supposed to be the master technician, a back room boffin but this sheds a new light on his career.


In all fairness to Florian chances are that like TD he got the Moog without a manual, so needed some help geting his round how it functioned. Don't believe me, then download the free demo version of the Arturia MMV Moog Modular and have a go yourself:

http://www.arturia.com/en/demos.php?product=mmv



Ive been fiddling around with this for weeks and making some wonderfully weird sounds :D

Wow!!! That is so much fun. Been getting some real Wakeman like sounds out of it. Got the sequencer running but not been able to get any sound out of it yet. I can se what you mean about not having a manual.


use the dropdown keyboard (top right of the control panel)


May I also suggest the KS sequences - use the little "green" windows top left to drop down a huge pre set library. They can be easily altered and tweaked. Nothing like having the real thing in front of you I'm sure, but it's huge fun and any setting/sequence you've made can be saved with the demo version, so at least you can go back for more fun later... Now, about that keyboard I need to buy...

Any idea how you can change the pitch of a sequence "on the fly", as you can on the Artura ARP2600 (select "hold" and then hit different keys)? If I hit a key it changes pitch but stops as soon as the key is released....


Good fun, but I like my analog and digital synths more :)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Btw I read earlier today that Zeit was recorded in 10 days, makes you think that the longer a musician has to mess around with his recording, then chances are he'll smooth out all the errors and character that made the original recording interesting in the first place

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
I have been instructed by my retained practitioners at Law, that BM is not allowed to make any comment on the greatest record ever ma...EDIT

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
bigmoog wrote:
I have been instructed by my retained practitioners at Law, that BM is not allowed to make any comment on the greatest record ever ma...EDIT


Zeit, without some comments from the BM, unthinkable. A bit like this site without spam ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
yep, I noticed the spammers had posted this morning......(aint no spam on bigmoogsteedeeforum.myfreeforum.org......(24 members and not counting)


....if I could just say that ZEIT is one stun.....EDIT

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
bigmoog wrote:
yep, I noticed the spammers had posted this morning......(aint no spam on bigmoogsteedeeforum.myfreeforum.org......(24 members and not counting)


....if I could just say that ZEIT is one stun.....EDIT


Few posts either ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
:x

BMs forum is now bigmoogsZEITonlyforum.myfreeforum.org


If I can just advise that IMHO, zeit is a live broadcast from the edge of the gal...EDIT

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
bigmoog wrote:
:x

BMs forum is now bigmoogsZEITonlyforum.myfreeforum.org


If I can just advise that IMHO, zeit is a live broadcast from the edge of the gal...EDIT


I'll see 'if' I can get my early German review translated for you.

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
8) ......when you can andy.


stop press: BMs restraining order lifted (for 10 seconds...)

Zeit: with each passing day I find this record growing in stature and perfection, it isnt just the amazing music or the gatefold cover art...EDIT

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
bigmoog wrote:
:x

BMs forum is now bigmoogsZEITonlyforum.myfreeforum.org


If I can just advise that IMHO, zeit is a live broadcast from the edge of the gal...EDIT



I thought Stratosfear was your Number 1 :?

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
:D

TD are my number 1 :arrow:



as far as BM is BM he can no longer choose him favs.....as he found that bigging up one TD over another causes undulations on them forums


but stratosfear is a deffo big moog 10


where ZEIT is a bigmoaccepted

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
bigmoog wrote:
:D

TD are my number 1 :arrow:



as far as BM is BM he can no longer choose him favs.....as he found that bigging up one TD over another causes undulations on them forums


but stratosfear is a deffo big moog 10


where ZEIT is a bigmoaccepted



:? :o :D :lol: :wink: :P

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
DSJR wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Pure gold-dust Andy. Made me laugh. I've always thought that Fricke was supposed to be the master technician, a back room boffin but this sheds a new light on his career.


In all fairness to Florian chances are that like TD he got the Moog without a manual, so needed some help geting his round how it functioned. Don't believe me, then download the free demo version of the Arturia MMV Moog Modular and have a go yourself:

http://www.arturia.com/en/demos.php?product=mmv



Ive been fiddling around with this for weeks and making some wonderfully weird sounds :D

Wow!!! That is so much fun. Been getting some real Wakeman like sounds out of it. Got the sequencer running but not been able to get any sound out of it yet. I can se what you mean about not having a manual.


use the dropdown keyboard (top right of the control panel)


May I also suggest the KS sequences - use the little "green" windows top left to drop down a huge pre set library. They can be easily altered and tweaked. Nothing like having the real thing in front of you I'm sure, but it's huge fun and any setting/sequence you've made can be saved with the demo version, so at least you can go back for more fun later... Now, about that keyboard I need to buy...

Any idea how you can change the pitch of a sequence "on the fly", as you can on the Artura ARP2600 (select "hold" and then hit different keys)? If I hit a key it changes pitch but stops as soon as the key is released....

Thanks guys. Got the sequencer running and it's awesome. Trying to grow a beard to be even more like Chris Franke. I am the new Sequencer King......well in my own mind anyway. :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
quick, BM, no one looking, everyone's listening either to MAdCaps' flaming dooooti......or SIN (TOP CD)....thus


ZEIT : ZEIT : ZEIT: ZEIT zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :arrow:


:D :idea: :!:

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage