Stratosfear

rotwang
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by rotwang »

One of my top three TD albums of all time. Virtually flawless. (IMHO, of course.)
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

rotwang wrote:One of my top three TD albums of all time. Virtually flawless. (IMHO, of course.)
Has to be my favourite ever album and it is flawless (IMO). :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
exit81

Post by exit81 »

At the risk of a flaming, I've never been a huge fan of Stratosfear. Coming after such ground-breaking classics as Rubycon and Ricochet, I thought it sounded too structred, too rock-like, and had neither the alien atmosphere nor the liquid mystery of any of the albums from the previous 2 years. I know it signalled a move towards a more structured compositional style that would eventually lead on to things like Exit, Tangram, Logos and Poland, and as such, I've always considered it an important album rather than a truly great one. Ricochet on the other hand...
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Not starting a fire with me !!! Valid comment it was a more structured album but i think alot of that had to to do with new gear/equipment IMHO
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

exit81 wrote:At the risk of a flaming, I've never been a huge fan of Stratosfear. Coming after such ground-breaking classics as Rubycon and Ricochet, I thought it sounded too structred, too rock-like, and had neither the alien atmosphere nor the liquid mystery of any of the albums from the previous 2 years. I know it signalled a move towards a more structured compositional style that would eventually lead on to things like Exit, Tangram, Logos and Poland, and as such, I've always considered it an important album rather than a truly great one. Ricochet on the other hand...
Each to their own.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese