Green Desert

Mephistopheles
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Mephistopheles »

Desert_Voyager wrote:We 'all' love Phaedra, but even there, there are two tracks which don't tickle my fancy, they are Movements of a Visionary and Sequent C'.
Same here. I like Phaedra mainly for it's title track and Edgar's wonderful "Mysterious Semblance at the Strand of Nightmares". :D
And as for Green Desert, I think it is a great album, but, once again, mainly for it's title track. Side two isn't bad, though. :wink:
Played through it once this morning, and twice in a row just a few hours ago. It is a... special album, I think. No other TD record sounds quite like it (for obvious reasons). I've got only one copy of it, the old Jive Electro CD release with the green cover. I need to get my paws on the remaster...
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Mephistopheles wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:We 'all' love Phaedra, but even there, there are two tracks which don't tickle my fancy, they are Movements of a Visionary and Sequent C'.
Same here. I like Phaedra mainly for it's title track and Edgar's wonderful "Mysterious Semblance at the Strand of Nightmares". :D
And as for Green Desert, I think it is a great album, but, once again, mainly for it's title track. Side two isn't bad, though. :wink:
Played through it once this morning, and twice in a row just a few hours ago. It is a... special album, I think. No other TD record sounds quite like it (for obvious reasons). I've got only one copy of it, the old Jive Electro CD release with the green cover. I need to get my paws on the remaster...
If the remaster is anything like as good as Atem and the other Jive re-makes, it should be pretty good.

I'll leave it at this comment - when I've played GD I've just said "OK, what's next?" and reached for Phaedra (or similar), which, after what must be hundreds of playings by now, still sends that shiver down my spine (as for sequent c, it's a masterpiece ending to this album)... Heck, I even like Electronic Meditation for Gawd's sake- I HATED this one with a passion for years and only played it again a few days ago :shock: :o :idea: :arrow:
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Mephistopheles wrote:
Yes indeed Mephistopheles, Green Desert and Indian Summer in particualar are good for a meditational style of listening. It's a very special album and I would like to get the LP with the desert scene on the cover but it's very rare, I think.
Red Morpho

Post by Red Morpho »

Desert_Voyager wrote: There is only one track on Green Desert that I have never cared for which is Astral Voyager because it is too repetative. However, some people like it. Bar that track, I must repeat that the album is amazing, IMHO. .
Funnily enough IMHO Astral Voyager is the best on the album a classic bit of EM if I may say so, this an Indian Summer get regular airings on the MP3/Minidisc, White Clouds good but not brilliant, Green Desert has its moments, particularly the last 5 minutes but has an unfinished feel to it.
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Red Morpho wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: There is only one track on Green Desert that I have never cared for which is Astral Voyager because it is too repetative. However, some people like it. Bar that track, I must repeat that the album is amazing, IMHO. .
Funnily enough IMHO Astral Voyager is the best on the album a classic bit of EM if I may say so, this an Indian Summer get regular airings on the MP3/Minidisc, White Clouds good but not brilliant, Green Desert has its moments, particularly the last 5 minutes but has an unfinished feel to it.
What do you think makes Astral Voyager classic Electronic Music?
JD

Post by JD »

everything about this CD just encapsulates the spirit of vintage TD, the phased strings, the sine wave flute solo instrument, the edgy drones .... it just grabs you and transports you to another dimension 8)
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

JD wrote:everything about this CD just encapsulates the spirit of vintage TD, the phased strings, the sine wave flute solo instrument, the edgy drones .... it just grabs you and transports you to another dimension 8)
I agree, every track is classic Electronic Music.
Red Morpho

Post by Red Morpho »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
Red Morpho wrote:
What do you think makes Astral Voyager classic Electronic Music?
It 's my opinion and not one I'll waver from, suits my personal taste and deserves the tag 'classic' in my book, love that pulsating rhythym and eveything else about it.
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

I once played Green Desert for my friend, who's a drummer. I don't believe he's heard it since, but subconsciously, it has cropped up in his band's - They call themselves Your*Best*Friend - track called Northern Overture.

http://www.y-b-f.com/downloads/Northern.mp3

http://www.y-b-f.com/downloads.php 8)