TD music in video blogs (YouTube, for example)

Lucan
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TD music in video blogs (YouTube, for example)

Post by Lucan »

Does anyone know what the official attitude is to people using TD music as background music in video blogs (ones that neither get loads of hits nor make any money at all)?

I seem to remember this question being addressed in the FAQ some time ago, and if I recall correctly the attitude was, if you're not doing it for any commercial gain, it's all good. But I can't find this information now, so I thought I'd better check.

Who do I contact about this?
If celibacy was good enough for my father, and his father before him, it's bloody well good enough for me!
timer

Re: TD music in video blogs (YouTube, for example)

Post by timer »

Lucan wrote:Does anyone know what the official attitude is to people using TD music as background music in video blogs (ones that neither get loads of hits nor make any money at all)?

I seem to remember this question being addressed in the FAQ some time ago, and if I recall correctly the attitude was, if you're not doing it for any commercial gain, it's all good. But I can't find this information now, so I thought I'd better check.

Who do I contact about this?
Id write to Eastgate for confimation Lucan, use the contact at the bottom of the header page to this site.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Ive noticed there are quite a few of these videos on Youtube,ive got one on my myspace page which accompanies the "Dolphin Dance" track.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ4ZhOHmysk
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

This what it says in the FAQs about bootlegging;

#39 What is TD’s stance on bootlegs?

The group accepts and tolerates the deep desire of many die hard fans to obtain every single note ever performed. Thus, as long as no one is earning a profit and as long as no recordings are commercially available are exchanged, we tend not to overdramatize the criminal aspect of such things. Nonetheless, I have to mention that any form of unauthorized distribution of someone’s intellectual or artistic property is illegal. However, when it comes to commercial distribution (i.e. CD’s, DVD’s that are manufactured and mass-distributed and sold for money), the group’s legal adviser will give anybody involved in the production or distribution of such material a very hard time. It is not advisable to consider getting involved in this kind of activity, as it will most likely result in a fine or prosecution.

As Colin says; there are already quite a few on YouTube already but probably best to check with Eastgate first.
Lucan

Post by Lucan »

Chris Monk wrote:This what it says in the FAQs about bootlegging;

The group accepts and tolerates the deep desire of many die hard fans to obtain every single note ever performed. Thus, as long as no one is earning a profit and as long as no recordings are commercially available are exchanged, we tend not to overdramatize the criminal aspect of such things. Nonetheless, I have to mention that any form of unauthorized distribution of someone’s intellectual or artistic property is illegal. However, when it comes to commercial distribution (i.e. CD’s, DVD’s that are manufactured and mass-distributed and sold for money), the group’s legal adviser will give anybody involved in the production or distribution of such material a very hard time. It is not advisable to consider getting involved in this kind of activity, as it will most likely result in a fine or prosecution.

As Colin says; there are already quite a few on YouTube already but probably best to check with Eastgate first.
That one I did see, but I'm sure I remember something from ages ago that specifically referred to use in videos and stuff.

I found out earlier today that my arse is not covered by fair use. I had completely misunderstood that part of copyright law. So I've written to everyone whose music I've used to request permission.

The nice people at the Ashra website said it's cool. Klaus D Mueller said it's not cool at all to use Klaus Schulze's stuff (to be honest, that was what I expected, Mueller has a reputation for not allowing anything without payment) so that video has been removed for re-editing.

No reply yet from anyone else.

I didn't think it'd be this much of a hassle, it's just a YT channel with less than 30 subscribers, and all I do is talk bollocks to my webcam. Still, helps to make sure everything's above board, yeah?
If celibacy was good enough for my father, and his father before him, it's bloody well good enough for me!
24db

Post by 24db »

Lucan wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:This what it says in the FAQs about bootlegging;

That one I did see, but I'm sure I remember something from ages ago that specifically referred to use in videos and stuff.

I found out earlier today that my arse is not covered by fair use. I had completely misunderstood that part of copyright law. So I've written to everyone whose music I've used to request permission.

The nice people at the Ashra website said it's cool. Klaus D Mueller said it's not cool at all to use Klaus Schulze's stuff (to be honest, that was what I expected, Mueller has a reputation for not allowing anything without payment) so that video has been removed for re-editing.

No reply yet from anyone else.

I didn't think it'd be this much of a hassle, it's just a YT channel with less than 30 subscribers, and all I do is talk bollocks to my webcam. Still, helps to make sure everything's above board, yeah?
perhaps it was in the FAQ section of the old TD site (version 2)?