Tyranny Of Beauty

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Tyranny Of Beauty

Post by cantosis »

was never a fave of mine when I first got into TD in the 90s but listening to it again it is actually a pretty good album. I love the reworking of stratosfear and Catwalk is a good track.
Last edited by cantosis on Mon May 05, 2008 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

It one my Favorites albums for the Seattle Years. :D :wink:

:!: :arrow:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I agree now peter
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Not everyone's favorite era but an underestimated release IMHO......Highlights for me are "Catwalk","Strat 95","Little Blondes" and the lovely "Living in a fountain pen".
The TDI version is of much better sound quality than the miramar release.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
rattymouse

Re: Tyranny Of Beauty

Post by rattymouse »

cantosis wrote:was never a fave of mine when I first got into TD in the 90s but listening to it again it is actually a pretty good album. I love the reworking of stratosfear and Catwalk is a good track.
I was just listening to this myself the other day. I hate the Seattle years but this album is slightly less than half bad. The reworking of Stratosfear is interesting in that it proves that older material can be reworked and still maintain a meaningful connection with the past. Phaedra 05 had totally soured me on reworked material.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I have to say, although apparently it was quite a popular period for TD, that the Seattle years aren't my favourite. Having said that they are pretty well produced albums with some really good music but it's just too middle-of-the-road for me. I still listen to them on occasion and get pleasure from them but not as much as other periods.

Not so keen on the classic track covers either, they are just too close to the originals with very little in the way of Tangerine Dreaminess to them.

Funnily enough if they were by another band I'd probably rate them very highly but, as they are TD, they are well down my list of favourites. Wouldn't get rid of them though.... as I say they're some great stuff on them.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Chris Monk wrote:I have to say, although apparently it was quite a popular period for TD, that the Seattle years aren't my favourite. Having said that they are pretty well produced albums with some really good music but it's just too middle-of-the-road for me. I still listen to them on occasion and get pleasure from them but not as much as other periods.

Not so keen on the classic track covers either, they are just too close to the originals with very little in the way of Tangerine Dreaminess to them.

Funnily enough if they were by another band I'd probably rate them very highly but, as they are TD, they are well down my list of favourites. Wouldn't get rid of them though.... as I say they're some great stuff on them.
I used to lump the Private Music years in with the Seattle years. But now, after a long time has passed, I now feel that the Private years are of astonishingly high quality. Worlds and worlds better than the Seattle years.

The Froese/Haslinger era was just way, waaaaay too short.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

rattymouse wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:I have to say, although apparently it was quite a popular period for TD, that the Seattle years aren't my favourite. Having said that they are pretty well produced albums with some really good music but it's just too middle-of-the-road for me. I still listen to them on occasion and get pleasure from them but not as much as other periods.

I used to lump the Private Music years in with the Seattle years. But now, after a long time has passed, I now feel that the Private years are of astonishingly high quality. Worlds and worlds better than the Seattle years.

The Froese/Haslinger era was just way, waaaaay too short.
I agre Tom...TOB is a decent enough CD but recently when I had a listen I could see it for what it is a lot of the tracks are quite bland...Living in a Fountain Pen is a fave though and I was pleased it was played on the Orang Odyssey Dooveedoo.
rotwang

Post by rotwang »

cantosis wrote:was never a fave of mine when I first got into TD in the 90s but listening to it again it is actually a pretty good album. I love the reworking of stratosfear and Catwalk is a good track.
Those are my favorite tracks on the album as well. Generally, there's not a lot of TD's releases from the 1990s that really impress me, but this one is pretty good. Turn of the Tides is the best from that period IMHO.
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

rotwang wrote:
Those are my favorite tracks on the album as well. Generally, there's not a lot of TD's releases from the 1990s that really impress me, but this one is pretty good. Turn of the Tides is the best from that period IMHO.
TOTT was probably the one I really hated in the 90s but I might think differently now so I`ll give it another listen.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

I think ToB is a mighty fine album, I would say VFart is actually close to that album in style.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Pertou wrote:I think ToB is a mighty fine album, I would say VFart is actually close to that album in style.
I definitely prefer TOTT to TOB :arrow:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

epsilon75 wrote:
Pertou wrote:I think ToB is a mighty fine album, I would say VFart is actually close to that album in style.
interesting ;)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

you only gave it a 6 out of 10 though. I guess that is a decent score. I would probably give it the same actually.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

cantosis wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
interesting ;)
I just find it a stronger album all round and more consistent 8)