Tyranny Of Beauty

Hyperboreauk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hyperboreauk »

epsilon75 wrote:
Pertou wrote:I think ToB is a mighty fine album, I would say VFart is actually close to that album in style.
I definitely prefer TOTT to TOB :arrow:
I would agree Colin, but neither are great IMO
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Those albums are from the 90s. The 90s were cursed, there was no great music in general anywhere ... ;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Michael66 wrote:Those albums are from the 90s. The 90s were cursed, there was no great music in general anywhere ... ;)

well, there was a great deal of great music in them 90's, lots of electronica [techno, ambient, jungle, bungle, wibble, wobble, etc]
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Michael66 wrote:Those albums are from the 90s. The 90s were cursed, there was no great music in general anywhere ... ;)
Melrose and Mars Polaris are superb albums all IMHO of course :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I think the 90s were very strong for electronic music, maybe not TD but certainly E Music. And of course the best album ever was made in 1995 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

cantosis wrote:
I think the 90s were very strong for electronic music, maybe not TD but certainly E Music. And of course the best album ever was made in 1995 8)
GC 76:14
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

epsilon75 wrote:
cantosis wrote:
GC 76:14
yup and actually just thinking about it wasn`t Oasis and Canyon Dreams 90s albums for TD?, I really like those two as well as Mars Polaris and Great Wall Of China these are pretty good TD albums. the 90s were not that bad in hindsight
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

I get what you mean. For ten years, it's a struggle to point out what was truly great during that period. The 2000s have been far better. But, bands that I have discovered in the early 00s started in the 90s; Porcupine Tree being an example.

I've just recently been enjoying Can Atilla's music but I understand that his first albums were produced in the 90s (?).
krismopompas

Post by krismopompas »

epsilon75 wrote:
Melrose and Mars Polaris are superb albums all IMHO of course :arrow:
the 90s were mostly accustic waste in my ears............ only a few pieces were great, so you could press them on one cd:

Firetongues
Galley Slave's Horizon
Twilight Brigade
Catwalk
Little Blond in the Park of Attractions
Towards The Evening Star
Rising Haul In Silence
Comet's Figure Head
Outland (The Colony)
Astrophobia

melrose was the deepest point ever............veryvery poor and thin sounds........... absolutly not my kind of music.
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

I think somehow there was something wrong with the synth sounds during the late 80s and early 90s (not just TD's). Nowadays (virtual) synth sounds are much warmer and natural somehow, they have a similar feel to the analogue sounds of the 70s. Just my opinion of course.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

There was good on each of the albums in the 90's
Thankfully the output of the band is far more superior
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache