Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject: New TD 3-LP Box-set
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:13 am
Posts: 6679
Location: Bergen, Norway
Soon to be released:

TD: "Vintage Years Anthology" - Ltd. edition Vinyl Box Set of 3 LP's :D :D

I'm not sure, but I think it is Castle Music/Santuary who will issue this set, prefix CLP 2577.

There is no doubt that there is a vinyl revival going on at the moment, and my question to EB is:

Are there any chances that Eastgate will start producing vinyl :?:
I for one would love to get new TD releases on high quality 180 g. LP's...

Stein Erik


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New TD 3-LP Box-set
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:58 pm
Posts: 7275
bergen-dreamer wrote:
Soon to be released:

TD: "Vintage Years Anthology" - Ltd. edition Vinyl Box Set of 3 LP's :D :D

I'm not sure, but I think it is Castle Music/Santuary who will issue this set, prefix CLP 2577.

There is no doubt that there is a vinyl revival going on at the moment, and my question to EB is:

Are there any chances that Eastgate will start producing vinyl :?:
I for one would love to get new TD releases on high quality 180 g. LP's...

Stein Erik


My wife asked me what is vinyl the other week, I had to explain about records and record players, she thought it was very funny. I am only 35 but I felt more like 65 :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New TD 3-LP Box-set
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
cantosis wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote:
Soon to be released:

TD: "Vintage Years Anthology" - Ltd. edition Vinyl Box Set of 3 LP's :D :D

I'm not sure, but I think it is Castle Music/Santuary who will issue this set, prefix CLP 2577.

There is no doubt that there is a vinyl revival going on at the moment, and my question to EB is:

Are there any chances that Eastgate will start producing vinyl :?:
I for one would love to get new TD releases on high quality 180 g. LP's...

Stein Erik


My wife asked me what is vinyl the other week, I had to explain about records and record players, she thought it was very funny. I am only 35 but I felt more like 65 :oops:


:shock:


Vinyl rules, long live the black gold :arrow:

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 11:56 am
Posts: 966
Location: Germany
Vinyl = 30 cm x 30 cm Edgar artwork prints for the price of an LP. YES TD, give us vinyl releases, please! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:13 am
Posts: 6679
Location: Bergen, Norway
Michael66 wrote:
Vinyl = 30 cm x 30 cm Edgar artwork prints for the price of an LP. YES TD, give us vinyl releases, please! :D


The cover artwork is a major reason why I miss the LP so much, think of the gatefold covers of Phaedra, Rubycon, Stratosfear and so many others...

What about a boxed-set of the Dante-trilogy :?:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
bergen-dreamer wrote:
Michael66 wrote:
Vinyl = 30 cm x 30 cm Edgar artwork prints for the price of an LP. YES TD, give us vinyl releases, please! :D


The cover artwork is a major reason why I miss the LP so much, think of the gatefold covers of Phaedra, Rubycon, Stratosfear and so many others...

What about a boxed-set of the Dante-trilogy :?:


Very true, but do we miss the scratches, warped discs and the space we need to keep them as much? ;)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
bergen-dreamer wrote:
Michael66 wrote:
Vinyl = 30 cm x 30 cm Edgar artwork prints for the price of an LP. YES TD, give us vinyl releases, please! :D


The cover artwork is a major reason why I miss the LP so much, think of the gatefold covers of Phaedra, Rubycon, Stratosfear and so many others...

What about a boxed-set of the Dante-trilogy :?:



Dear Edgar, please release the Dante-Trilogy as a Vinyl box set with inserts, lyric sheets, artworks and other items....as in the manner of Classical music box sets...the music warrants this treatment :idea:

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 11:56 am
Posts: 966
Location: Germany
Purple Diluvial fits perfectly onto an LP... or imagine a double LP release together with One Times One, gatefold cover, in the manner of the Alpha Centauri/Atem Virgin release from ages ago. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
we could be here all day :lol:


how about all TD music, reissued on vinyl


might be difficult to download though :D

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 11:56 am
Posts: 966
Location: Germany
If TD are open to the idea of vinyl releases, EB could start a poll what would be the most desirable release. I suppose LP production costs are not cheap and they want to make sure they sell well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
Michael66 wrote:
Purple Diluvial fits perfectly onto an LP... or imagine a double LP release together with One Times One, gatefold cover, in the manner of the Alpha Centauri/Atem Virgin release from ages ago. :)


the polydor release? nice :D

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
BM leaves forum for a few minutes to assess his TD vinyl collection



dribble :arrow:

_________________
...The wise.....are silent.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:47 am
Posts: 78
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
bergen-dreamer wrote:
Michael66 wrote:
Vinyl = 30 cm x 30 cm Edgar artwork prints for the price of an LP. YES TD, give us vinyl releases, please! :D


The cover artwork is a major reason why I miss the LP so much, think of the gatefold covers of Phaedra, Rubycon, Stratosfear and so many others...


Totally!

_________________
If celibacy was good enough for my father, and his father before him, it's bloody well good enough for me!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:54 am
Posts: 7393
Location: Scotland
I have the three LP set on order and I would love to see more new TD on Liquorice Pizzas.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
bergen-dreamer wrote:
Michael66 wrote:
Vinyl = 30 cm x 30 cm Edgar artwork prints for the price of an LP. YES TD, give us vinyl releases, please! :D


The cover artwork is a major reason why I miss the LP so much, think of the gatefold covers of Phaedra, Rubycon, Stratosfear and so many others...

What about a boxed-set of the Dante-trilogy :?:

The artwork is really the only thing I miss about vinyl. Although my CD collection is larger than my vinyl collection ever was it's a fraction of the size. I suspect had I stuck with vinyl my wife would have kicked my out by now. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4 [ 47 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage