New TD 3-LP Box-set

jacob
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by jacob »

It seems the two vinyl boxsets will be a spin-off from this collection:

ELECTRONIC MAGIC OF (3-lp)
2008. Anthology. 19 tracks. 3x 12inch plus bonus 7inch. Release date: May 26 2008.

VINTAGE YEARS ANTHOLOGY (3-lp)
2008. Vinyl box set. Release date: May 26 2008.
Limited edition.

Details:
2x10" + 12"! Special Limited Edition vinyl box set featuring 10" re-issues of the 1967 single by the band's 1st incarnation (The Ones) & the 1972 epic "Ultima Thule" PLUS a 12" w/selections from the bands years
24db

Post by 24db »

jacob wrote:It seems the two vinyl boxsets will be a spin-off from this collection:

2008. Anthology. 19 tracks. 3x 12inch plus bonus 7inch. Release date: May 26 2008.

Limited edition.

Details:
2x10" + 12"! Special Limited Edition vinyl box set featuring 10" re-issues of the 1967 single by the band's 1st incarnation (The Ones) & the 1972 epic "Ultima Thule" PLUS a 12" w/selections from the bands years
I hear the CD version has some rare photos as well
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

jacob wrote:It seems the two vinyl boxsets will be a spin-off from this collection:

Limited edition.

Details:

Sounds great but will have to make do with the CDs :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Maybe I’ll buy it. :roll:

:!: :arrow:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I love the fact that people still have a passion for Vinyl, for me I am trying to make space so all my records and player went years ago.

I am seriously thinking about getting rid of all my CDs and sticking with downloads, it makes sense for me nowdays and with the 160 gb ipod I probably could stick my whole collection on and still have space for more.
timer

Post by timer »

cantosis wrote:I love the fact that people still have a passion for Vinyl, for me I am trying to make space so all my records and player went years ago.

I am seriously thinking about getting rid of all my CDs and sticking with downloads, it makes sense for me nowdays and with the 160 gb ipod I probably could stick my whole collection on and still have space for more.
:shock: again ! ? you'll regret it again as well !
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

timer wrote:
cantosis wrote:I love the fact that people still have a passion for Vinyl, for me I am trying to make space so all my records and player went years ago.

Probably not my TD Cds as that is a hobby, but most of my other CDs I can live without having the cases and discs, I can just listen to them on the ipod.
24db

Post by 24db »

cantosis wrote:
timer wrote:

Probably not my TD Cds as that is a hobby, but most of my other CDs I can live without having the cases and discs, I can just listen to them on the ipod.
the only thing about CDs is if your hard-drive crashes somebody doesn't take them away ;). I know what you mean though, I've got far too much and it needs to go..soon
timer

Post by timer »

cantosis wrote:
timer wrote:

I know where your coming from, we have around 7000 discs in various locations around the house - and probably a good 3/4 of them haven't been listened too for years.
Its just picking the time to sell ! .
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
timer wrote: :shock: again ! ? you'll regret it again as well !

the only thing about CDs is if your hard-drive crashes somebody doesn't take them away ;). I know what you mean though, I've got far too much and it needs to go..soon
My thinking exactly! I would be terrified if my entire collection simply vanished the day I poured coffee onto my laptop :wink:
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:
24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
My thinking exactly! I would be terrified if my entire collection simply vanished the day I poured coffee onto my laptop :wink:
well that's a bit daft...obviously if you pour coffee on your laptop it will break it, poor it directly onto your LPs (top tip!) ;)
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

24db wrote:
billythefish wrote:
24db wrote: the only thing about CDs is if your hard-drive crashes somebody doesn't take them away ;). I know what you mean though, I've got far too much and it needs to go..soon
well that's a bit daft...obviously if you pour coffee on your laptop it will break it, poor it directly onto your LPs (top tip!) ;)
a bit crackly :shock:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

I tried to hold back but can't, so there!

By all means have box sets in the shape of an LP box with a nice big booklet full of decent pictures and LP cover art card posters faithfully restored, but why take Edgars superb digital masterings (and he does a brilliant job IMO) and ruin them by transcribing them onto a severely muffled and distorted medium! Mad, the lot of ya!

I can understand us wanting and appreciating the wonderful artwork Monique gave us - to have the LP size pictures again, but LP's?

You lot will be wanting wax cylinders next.........
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

By the way some days ago I've noticed that TD provides quite good resolutions of their newer cover artwork in the download section of the site: With some patience it's possible to get great-looking 30 cm x 30 cm inkjet prints from cover artwork like Booster, Purple Diluvial and Bells of Accra... especially Bells of Accra looks WOW in big! :)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Vinyl rules. All else is gaslight.

Im not wrong, I am completely right :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....