Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:00 pm 

It seems the two vinyl boxsets will be a spin-off from this collection:

ELECTRONIC MAGIC OF (3-lp)
2008. Anthology. 19 tracks. 3x 12inch plus bonus 7inch. Release date: May 26 2008.

VINTAGE YEARS ANTHOLOGY (3-lp)
2008. Vinyl box set. Release date: May 26 2008.
Limited edition.

Details:
2x10" + 12"! Special Limited Edition vinyl box set featuring 10" re-issues of the 1967 single by the band's 1st incarnation (The Ones) & the 1972 epic "Ultima Thule" PLUS a 12" w/selections from the bands years

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:02 pm 

jacob wrote:

2008. Anthology. 19 tracks. 3x 12inch plus bonus 7inch. Release date: May 26 2008.

Limited edition.

Details:
2x10" + 12"! Special Limited Edition vinyl box set featuring 10" re-issues of the 1967 single by the band's 1st incarnation (The Ones) & the 1972 epic "Ultima Thule" PLUS a 12" w/selections from the bands years

I hear the CD version has some rare photos as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:03 pm 

jacob wrote:

Limited edition.

Details:

Sounds great but will have to make do with the CDs :arrow:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:16 pm 

Maybe I’ll buy it. :roll:

:!: :arrow:

http://laserdiscdream.livejournal.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:16 pm 

I love the fact that people still have a passion for Vinyl, for me I am trying to make space so all my records and player went years ago.

I am seriously thinking about getting rid of all my CDs and sticking with downloads, it makes sense for me nowdays and with the 160 gb ipod I probably could stick my whole collection on and still have space for more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:51 pm 

cantosis wrote:
I love the fact that people still have a passion for Vinyl, for me I am trying to make space so all my records and player went years ago.

I am seriously thinking about getting rid of all my CDs and sticking with downloads, it makes sense for me nowdays and with the 160 gb ipod I probably could stick my whole collection on and still have space for more.

:shock: again ! ? you'll regret it again as well !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:53 pm 

timer wrote:
cantosis wrote:

Probably not my TD Cds as that is a hobby, but most of my other CDs I can live without having the cases and discs, I can just listen to them on the ipod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:55 pm 

cantosis wrote:
timer wrote:
cantosis wrote:

Probably not my TD Cds as that is a hobby, but most of my other CDs I can live without having the cases and discs, I can just listen to them on the ipod.

the only thing about CDs is if your hard-drive crashes somebody doesn't take them away ;). I know what you mean though, I've got far too much and it needs to go..soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:55 pm 

cantosis wrote:
timer wrote:
cantosis wrote:

I know where your coming from, we have around 7000 discs in various locations around the house - and probably a good 3/4 of them haven't been listened too for years.
Its just picking the time to sell ! .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:58 am 

24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
timer wrote:
cantosis wrote:

the only thing about CDs is if your hard-drive crashes somebody doesn't take them away ;). I know what you mean though, I've got far too much and it needs to go..soon

My thinking exactly! I would be terrified if my entire collection simply vanished the day I poured coffee onto my laptop :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:59 am 

billythefish wrote:
24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
timer wrote:
cantosis wrote:

My thinking exactly! I would be terrified if my entire collection simply vanished the day I poured coffee onto my laptop :wink:

well that's a bit daft...obviously if you pour coffee on your laptop it will break it, poor it directly onto your LPs (top tip!) ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:43 pm 

24db wrote:
billythefish wrote:
24db wrote:
cantosis wrote:
timer wrote:
cantosis wrote:

well that's a bit daft...obviously if you pour coffee on your laptop it will break it, poor it directly onto your LPs (top tip!) ;)

a bit crackly :shock:

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:14 pm 

I tried to hold back but can't, so there!

By all means have box sets in the shape of an LP box with a nice big booklet full of decent pictures and LP cover art card posters faithfully restored, but why take Edgars superb digital masterings (and he does a brilliant job IMO) and ruin them by transcribing them onto a severely muffled and distorted medium! Mad, the lot of ya!

I can understand us wanting and appreciating the wonderful artwork Monique gave us - to have the LP size pictures again, but LP's?

You lot will be wanting wax cylinders next.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:38 pm 

By the way some days ago I've noticed that TD provides quite good resolutions of their newer cover artwork in the download section of the site: With some patience it's possible to get great-looking 30 cm x 30 cm inkjet prints from cover artwork like Booster, Purple Diluvial and Bells of Accra... especially Bells of Accra looks WOW in big! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:06 am 

Vinyl rules. All else is gaslight.

Im not wrong, I am completely right :arrow:

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4 [ 47 posts ] 

Jump to: