TANGRAM 2008 & HYPERBOREA 2008

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:
tangmaster wrote:
bigmoog wrote:[warning, grizzly post below]

If Poland and/or Exit are remixed/reworked/reimagined/rerecorded/reconstituted, He, as BM will become at one with the Universe :x :P

leave alone, what is perfect

[one man's fan boy, stuck in thee pasts, opinion of course....]
What's wrong with re-recordings, if you have the originals?

Nothing ! in my opinion. I think these two releases have surprised a few psople with how well they have been done, as someone has already mention these aren't just Tangized (peanuts ! :lol: ) they give a new lease of life, and that's not saying the originals aren't any good ! far from it, both originals will remain classics. 8)
I agree :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

wayfarer wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote: Tangram 08 is a very modern sounding album. Its good to here its been re-recorded rather that a bit of 'tangentizing' here and there.
I've read this a number of times, and am genuinely intrigued; how is this recording "modern" sounding :?: :shock:
What i meant was the instruments...when Tangram 80 was made, it was TD's crossover from analogue to digital keyboards (not that im an expert) but you can here the technology at work on Tangram 08.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
timer wrote:
tangmaster wrote: What's wrong with re-recordings, if you have the originals?

Nothing ! in my opinion. I think these two releases have surprised a few psople with how well they have been done, as someone has already mention these aren't just Tangized (peanuts ! :lol: ) they give a new lease of life, and that's not saying the originals aren't any good ! far from it, both originals will remain classics. 8)
I agree :arrow:
Me too.

They are two great releases that in no way replace the originals but do add a new twist to old themes.

Why does Edgar do them? - I have no idea but I, for one, really enjoy them. May be he goes back to them to get inspiration for new music.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
wayfarer wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote: Tangram 08 is a very modern sounding album. Its good to here its been re-recorded rather that a bit of 'tangentizing' here and there.
I've read this a number of times, and am genuinely intrigued; how is this recording "modern" sounding :?: :shock:
What i meant was the instruments...when Tangram 80 was made, it was TD's crossover from analogue to digital keyboards (not that im an expert) but you can here the technology at work on Tangram 08.
That makes sense. I'm not technical when it comes to EM. I found that the extra production on Tangram echoed the 90s style of TD, that was all; and after reading a few a fans posts on how it was a modern sound, was surpised at the view.
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

At first i was a wee bit sceptical about the whole business of re-recording old albums, however it was the overall positive reaction on the forum to them both that finally conviced me to part with my hard earned and order both Tangram 08 and Hyperborea 08.

The originals will always be there, recorded 25 and 28 years ago respectively (a generation ago!!! :shock: ), that'll never change..... :wink:
Be at one with the sequencing.....
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Hyperborea 2008 is awesome! Just the right style of keyboard sounds etc.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

wayfarer wrote:Hyperborea 2008 is awesome! Just the right style of keyboard sounds etc.
I agree. I like them both but I much prefer this to Tangram 2008
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Does anyone, probably a question for someone at the TD office really, but does anyone know why the title track on Hyperboria '08 has been seperated into two parts?

And what should i call them when ive added them to my i~pod? Part one & two? Something more T-dreamy like sequence one & sequence two?
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

I did the "Hyperborea Part I / Part II" thing ... not happy with the split though, also because it doesn't fit to the track listing. I really can't understand why TD can't invest 1-2 hours of typo- and quality control for each release. :?
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

When I ripped Hyperborea using Real Player I called the tracks I & II.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

wayfarer wrote:When I ripped Hyperborea using Real Player I called the tracks I & II.
Same here Richard,i have Hyperborea saved to my PC and they come up as Part 1& 2 on Realplayer.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

ok ive had a chance to play both discs now. Im loving Tangram '08. Superb . . . Loving Hyperboria '08 too. Good to know TD havent just pasted the two alternate versions of Sphinx Lightening together. (i may have said this already...)

Got to say it though, i really dont like the cover to Hyperboria 08. Thought there may of been at least a nod in the direction that the baron cold original sleeve but no, theres mountain bikes, looks like the disc from star treks Enterprise on there, an express delivery label got scanned on it!
I would stare at the original cover for ages while listening to the album imagining been in a baron freezing arctic wasteland but not sure what the new cover is telling me...but then, never judge a book by its cover as they say.

Afterthought: ok so Tangram'08 cover doesnt offer any tribute to the orginal either but the cover does hold a certain amount of mystery.
jacob

Post by jacob »

I really like the way Cinnammom (sic) Road opens with the same sound as La Vision from Jean d'Arc :)
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

jacob wrote:I really like the way Cinnammom (sic) Road opens with the same sound as La Vision from Jean d'Arc :)
Ahhh that's where I've heard it before. I knew it was a recent TD track but haven't placed it yet.
jacob

Post by jacob »

While people are still fascinated by Tangram 2008, also remember to check out Aaron Mcphee's "The Puzzle of Logram" with plenty of Tangram samples.
It's just fantastic!

http://youtube.com/user/aaronmcphee
Jacob's Tangerine Dream Blog
http://tangerinedream.pertou.dk/