TANGRAM 2008 & HYPERBOREA 2008

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

These releases were to have been Father's Day presents, but we didn't have any money, so I go nothing! :(
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

Hobo wrote:These releases were to have been Father's Day presents, but we didn't have any money, so I go nothing! :(
Sorry to hear that. Let's hope that the albums will be available as downloads later so you can get them then.
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Finally Mr Postie made his delivery to me today - so far have listened to each CD once and am enjoying them.
Schulze

Post by Schulze »

Just ordered both Tangram 08 and Hyperborea 08, i hope they're good.... :wink:
Be at one with the sequencing.....
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

tdfan wrote:
Hobo wrote:These releases were to have been Father's Day presents, but we didn't have any money, so I go nothing! :(
Sorry to hear that. Let's hope that the albums will be available as downloads later so you can get them then.
Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. I'm intrigued by these releases and very much looking forward to hearing them.

As for downloads, I'm not a fan. If I can't have the cd, with the associated artwork, I'll probably not bother at all.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Hobo wrote:
tdfan wrote:
Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. I'm intrigued by these releases and very much looking forward to hearing them.

As for downloads, I'm not a fan. If I can't have the cd, with the associated artwork, I'll probably not bother at all.
I'm in Hobo's camp. I wont download music except as a last resort. Digital files are so anonymous. I have most of my TD music on my iPod and the more recent albums, I have only listened to it that way. Since I have not touched, and handled the actual disc and case, I cant recall the albums the way I can the classics.

Take that issue and add it to the fact that TD releases a ridiculous number of albums these days, and it becomes virtually impossible to truly know a TD album by heart.
hansx

Post by hansx »

rattymouse wrote:
Hobo wrote:
tdfan wrote: Sorry to hear that. Let's hope that the albums will be available as downloads later so you can get them then.

I'm in Hobo's camp. I wont download music except as a last resort. Digital files are so anonymous. I have most of my TD music on my iPod and the more recent albums, I have only listened to it that way. Since I have not touched, and handled the actual disc and case, I cant recall the albums the way I can the classics.

Take that issue and add it to the fact that TD releases a ridiculous number of albums these days, and it becomes virtually impossible to truly know a TD album by heart.
I am not against downloading, I do it a lot. But most of TD stuff is original. But I agree, these days you can't buy everything. I also have my TD music on my ipod, doesn't take too much room and I play my Ipod via my receiver at home. Does work perfect.
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Tangram 2008 & Hyperboria 2008 arrived today (many thanks again to CDS), listening to Tangram as i write and think its a great sounding album. All the themes we know and love from 28 years ago but with a modern TD twist. A friend asked me if it was a simular idea to Mike Oldfields Tubular Bells and its successors.
Mmmm, not really. Tangram 08 is a very modern sounding album. Its good to here its been re-recorded rather that a bit of 'tangentizing' here and there.

Oooo Episode Three: Wu Wei has just kicked and could of been taken from Dream Mixes.

Had a sneaky listen to Hyperboria 08 earlier too and its good to here that they havent just pasted the parts of Hyper-Sphinx and Red Sphinx Lightening together but on first (sneaky) listen sounds rerecorded.

Wonder what album would be rerecorded next if they do any more?

What would you most like to here with that modern TD twist or would you rather them bring out new material?

:-)
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

'Poland' please!
timer

Post by timer »

Exit & White Eagle 8)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

[warning, grizzly post below]

If Poland and/or Exit are remixed/reworked/reimagined/rerecorded/reconstituted, He, as BM will become at one with the Universe :x :P

leave alone, what is perfect

[one man's fan boy, stuck in thee pasts, opinion of course....]
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

Although I really rate Tangram 2008, I think I've 'personally' had enough of remixes from TD for the time being (it also gives TD's critics yet another chance to complain, not that they'd stop anyway, but why feed them? ;)). So old stuff=no thanks New stuff=Yes please.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote: Tangram 08 is a very modern sounding album. Its good to here its been re-recorded rather that a bit of 'tangentizing' here and there.
I've read this a number of times, and am genuinely intrigued; how is this recording "modern" sounding :?: :shock:
tangmaster

Post by tangmaster »

bigmoog wrote:[warning, grizzly post below]

If Poland and/or Exit are remixed/reworked/reimagined/rerecorded/reconstituted, He, as BM will become at one with the Universe :x :P

What's wrong with re-recordings, if you have the originals?
The way a world of dreams is going on!
timer

Post by timer »

tangmaster wrote:
bigmoog wrote:[warning, grizzly post below]

What's wrong with re-recordings, if you have the originals?

Nothing ! in my opinion. I think these two releases have surprised a few psople with how well they have been done, as someone has already mention these aren't just Tangized (peanuts ! :lol: ) they give a new lease of life, and that's not saying the originals aren't any good ! far from it, both originals will remain classics. 8)