TANGRAM 2008 & HYPERBOREA 2008

NAVEL OF LIGHT
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TANGRAM 2008 & HYPERBOREA 2008

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

well how out of the blue are these two releases?

Compulsary purchases which will surely sit comfortably next to Phaedra 2005.
Mac cuber transfer

Post by Mac cuber transfer »

Why the need?

Tangram is absolutely perfect anyway

Hyperborea side one perfect but after hypersphinx I can see potential for side two

However, both records are of their time and have accrued memories and emotions over that time. New versions of old material muddy the water and confuse me - it's like having your wife cloned, with a slightly upgraded version – she may be newer, even improved with fewer idiosyncrasies - but there's absolutely no history between us. I'll go for the original every time, warts and all.

Phaedra 05 now resides in the loft with other redundant purchases

Some things should just be left as they are.
burningbrain

Post by burningbrain »

Re-releases of the originals with untouched Bonustracks from the same era would be more pleasant.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

burningbrain wrote:Re-releases of the originals with untouched Bonustracks from the same era would be more pleasant.
i agree
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

burningbrain wrote:Re-releases of the originals with untouched Bonustracks from the same era would be more pleasant.
That would of course be great (just look at the excellent KS-edition), but I guess the BIG problem here is that Virgin Records still owns the copyright to these recordings :(
24db

Post by 24db »

bergen-dreamer wrote:
That would of course be great (just look at the excellent KS-edition), but I guess the BIG problem here is that Virgin Records still owns the copyright to these recordings :(
hopefully with better sound as the KS editions were balls-up the first time round
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

bergen-dreamer wrote:
are there any time limits for these copyrights ?

wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

True, but there may be some rights issues with the releases (previously on Virgin). These Eastgate versions might circumvent that issue by being "re-recorded".

I've bought both because I like the idea of having slightly different versions to the originals. But, if I am unhappy, then I still have the originals and a potential rarity to go on ebay if I really don't like them. I am positive that won't be the case after hearing the two preview tracks of Tangram and the remixed Hypersphinx.
timer

Post by timer »

alipaul wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote:
why not do your own version Daz , release it then find out if its still in copyright ! :shock: :lol:
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

timer wrote:
alipaul wrote:
bergen-dreamer wrote: That would of course be great (just look at the excellent KS-edition), but I guess the BIG problem here is that Virgin Records still owns the copyright to these recordings :(
why not do your own version Daz , release it then find out if its still in copyright ! :shock: :lol:
The analtrumpet mix :shock:

MRBLUE

Post by MRBLUE »

Ummmmm - have we not been down this "re-recorded" route before? :roll:
Would have preferred something NEW and UN-RELEASED rather than revisited oldies- all IMHO of course!! :wink:
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Are these what they call Remixes album? :?:

:!: :arrow:
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

MRBLUE wrote:Ummmmm - have we not been down this "re-recorded" route before? :roll:
Would have preferred something NEW and UN-RELEASED rather than revisited oldies- all IMHO of course!! :wink:
Fair enough, but I can't complain about the amount of new and unreleased material at the moment either :wink:
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Nero

Post by Nero »

I agree - TD truely released a lot of new material lately!
It would be insane to moan about it.... :shock:

I'm very open on the new re-recordings and regard them as additional enrichment. It's very exciting to hear new fresh versions of already known material...it's an exciting experiment to my ears!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Im pretty open minded about the re-releases,i think its a fresh approach and if it floats your boat then fine :P
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.