TANGRAM 2008 & HYPERBOREA 2008

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:I'd like to complain about Tangram 08 and Hyperborea 08......

....they're just too damned short. :twisted:
That's the problem with all TD cds :shock: :lol: :lol:
Pinnacles 05 is gone in a jiffy :cry:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

epsilon75 wrote:
timer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:I'd like to complain about Tangram 08 and Hyperborea 08......

....they're just too damned short. :twisted:
That's the problem with all TD cds :shock: :lol: :lol:
Pinnacles 05 is gone in a jiffy :cry:
I like it :lol: :lol: :lol:
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Just out of interest as Franke and Schmoelling names are on the orignal recordings will they likely be paid a percentage of sales on these ones?
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Chris Monk wrote:
wayfarer wrote:I'm interested to know how many classic Tangram fans will laud praise on 08 as opposed to those of you who got into TD in the 90s. I may do a breakdown analysis but I will blog it rather than post it here. It won't be 100% negative. Like I said, I have a love/hate attitude to it.
I've been a fan of TD since 75 and I love the new CDs as much, in the case of Tangram, and more, in the case of Hyperborea.

Never thought of myself as a classic TD fan though, more of a vintage TD fan. No better than the average fan, just older. :wink:
I hope I wasn't implying that I'm a better fan, far from it. :shock:

I'm just very conscious of the division between eras, both in my mind and in the minds of others. It was a reference point really. I think there is a clear difference between material recorded in the 90s/early 00s to the 73-83 period.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

wayfarer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
wayfarer wrote:I'm interested to know how many classic Tangram fans will laud praise on 08 as opposed to those of you who got into TD in the 90s. I may do a breakdown analysis but I will blog it rather than post it here. It won't be 100% negative. Like I said, I have a love/hate attitude to it.
I've been a fan of TD since 75 and I love the new CDs as much, in the case of Tangram, and more, in the case of Hyperborea.

Never thought of myself as a classic TD fan though, more of a vintage TD fan. No better than the average fan, just older. :wink:

I'm just very conscious of the division between eras, both in my mind and in the minds of others. It was a reference point really. I think there is a clear difference between material recorded in the 90s/early 00s to the 73-83 period.
Nope. You're OK wayfarer. That's not the way that I took it. In my own ham-fisted way I was just pointing out that although I've been around for a long time I'm no better than anyone else, just older. I've been on some forums where it appears that the long-term fans believe their point of view is more valid than a newbies. Thankfully that has never been the case here.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Chris Monk wrote:
wayfarer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: I've been a fan of TD since 75 and I love the new CDs as much, in the case of Tangram, and more, in the case of Hyperborea.

Nope. You're OK wayfarer. That's not the way that I took it. In my own ham-fisted way I was just pointing out that although I've been around for a long time I'm no better than anyone else, just older. I've been on some forums where it appears that the long-term fans believe their point of view is more valid than a newbies. Thankfully that has never been the case here.
And I would hope that younger fans wouldn't feel that I'm getting elitist by harping on about "the good old days" especially as I like the direction TD is going at the moment and still find a lot of interest in all of TD's output, irrespective of timelines.
nightmare strand

Post by nightmare strand »

Putting sentiment and nostalgia aside for a moment, based purely on listening pleasure, for me personally Tangram 2008 could quite possibly be the most accomplished 40 minutes if EM I've experienced. Overall it's the TD album I've always waited to hear irrespective of how great Force Majeure, Rubycon and the original Tangram undoubtedly were.

What this version has done though is make me appreciate the original version even more. The only negative I have is that it is possibly a little too immediate in parts and lacks some of that wonderful ambient laid back quality of the original. The original was my very first CD purchase and became the ultimate late night listening pleasure at low volumes. This new version grabs your attention and pulls you aboard by the ears. I can fully understand those who find the energy of the 2008 version at odds with its older sibling, but for me it is this that seperates the two far enough apart to be able to appreciate both of them for what they are - totally wonderful! But 2008 has it for me. Take a bow Maestro, this is some achievement. Do you ever slow down?
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

nightmare strand wrote:Putting sentiment and nostalgia aside for a moment, based purely on listening pleasure, for me personally Tangram 2008 could quite possibly be the most accomplished 40 minutes if EM I've experienced. Overall it's the TD album I've always waited to hear irrespective of how great Force Majeure, Rubycon and the original Tangram undoubtedly were.

What this version has done though is make me appreciate the original version even more. The only negative I have is that it is possibly a little too immediate in parts and lacks some of that wonderful ambient laid back quality of the original. The original was my very first CD purchase and became the ultimate late night listening pleasure at low volumes. This new version grabs your attention and pulls you aboard by the ears. I can fully understand those who find the energy of the 2008 version at odds with its older sibling, but for me it is this that seperates the two far enough apart to be able to appreciate both of them for what they are - totally wonderful! But 2008 has it for me. Take a bow Maestro, this is some achievement. Do you ever slow down?
Very well said, mister 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bergen-dreamer wrote:
nightmare strand wrote:Putting sentiment and nostalgia aside for a moment, based purely on listening pleasure, for me personally Tangram 2008 could quite possibly be the most accomplished 40 minutes if EM I've experienced. Overall it's the TD album I've always waited to hear irrespective of how great Force Majeure, Rubycon and the original Tangram undoubtedly were.

Very well said, mister 8)
I echo those sentiments NS...............well said 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Tan Gram 08 is superb in headphones, its very well produced and dynamic :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

Got TG 08 & Hyper 08 this morning ..have listened roughly to TG 08 sounds great still love the original but an excellent job done on the 08 version haven't heard Hyper 08 yet.....

:D :) 8) :wink: :!: :arrow: GEOFF
redziller

Post by redziller »

24db wrote:
redziller wrote:Tangram08 - whatever you think of the music it's quite a feat of craft. Really enjoying this - just the one "challenging" harmony on the 4th track (or should we say Tan - hmm I wonder which piece is which track - pushing the analogy there)

Another cracking TD CD IMHO and bar
I'm glad it wasn't just me who can hear that. Although it's just a minor thing really (what do you think mate...a note that's 'hanging'?). The rest of the album is a belter though. Can you imagine this live with some lasers or a good light show? Nice one Edgar :)
Yep - cubase strikes again. Not wanting to be down on it, it is starting to grate (maybe a service pack EB?). But, that aside, glorious, funking glorius.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

after reading everyones comments and hearing some great soundbytes on another website (30 sec.each? They make great ringtones! :-) ) im really looking forward to hearing Tangram 08 and Hyperboria 08 and they are now on there way to me! Should have them by wednesday. Hope they arrive soon, ive just got back from one weeks holiday abroad and got the post holiday blues....im sure a couple o'td albums will do the trick!
(then its preparing myself for Autumn In Hiroshima & Espilon Journey).
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

I got mine. I'd forgotten they were both going to be signed :D

I think... they're good. Very good indeed.

Haven't been back to listen to the old ones yet though.
24db

Post by 24db »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:after reading everyones comments and hearing some great soundbytes on another website (30 sec.each? They make great ringtones! :-) ) im really looking forward to hearing Tangram 08 and Hyperboria 08 and they are now on there way to me! Should have them by wednesday. Hope they arrive soon, ive just got back from one weeks holiday abroad and got the post holiday blues....im sure a couple o'td albums will do the trick!
(then its preparing myself for Autumn In Hiroshima & Espilon Journey).
there's a longer sounding clip on Groove.nl NOL