Epsilon Journey

alipaul
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by alipaul »

Apparently there's an extra on the DVD Colin's Journey which is 75 mins long :shock:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Michael66 wrote:Maybe TD doesn't have the money for filming the concerts with equipment that doesn't make it necessary for the cameramen to get that close. They're not the Rolling Stones and I can imagine super-zoom cameras with a resolution good enough for DVD video are probably very expensive.
I didn't have the money to go to Eindhoven, so I'm glad there'll be a DVD from the concert...
I totally agree, I've been lucky enough to be to two TD shows with the roving cameraman and to be honest it didn't affect my enjoyment at all. It's just not that intrusive and if it results in a DVD of the show it's something I'm happy to put up with.
timer

Post by timer »

Chris Monk wrote:
Michael66 wrote:Maybe TD doesn't have the money for filming the concerts with equipment that doesn't make it necessary for the cameramen to get that close. They're not the Rolling Stones and I can imagine super-zoom cameras with a resolution good enough for DVD video are probably very expensive.
I didn't have the money to go to Eindhoven, so I'm glad there'll be a DVD from the concert...
I totally agree, I've been lucky enough to be to two TD shows with the roving cameraman and to be honest it didn't affect my enjoyment at all. It's just not that intrusive and if it results in a DVD of the show it's something I'm happy to put up with.
The Eindhoven cameraman antics were annoying, but like you Chris I wasn't distracted by it - too much great music and visuals going on :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
The Eindhoven cameraman antics were annoying, but like you Chris I wasn't distracted by it - too much great music and visuals going on :)
I was trying to think of the cameraman at the Astoria and the Frankfurt show and couldn't remember much about him. The only thing I remember was at Franfurt when Bernhard was playing and thinking "I hope the cameraman is getting this. Obviously Eindhoven was a bit more than this, possibly due to the smaller venue/stage.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Out of the filmed concerts ive attended it was probably Eindhoven that the cameramen seemed to get in the way a little more than others,to be honest i was so deep into the music it did not really matter that much 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
exit81

Post by exit81 »

Not distracting the audience is one of the first rules, you're supposed to be discreet when filming....that's why cameramen are supposed to wear black, to blend into the darkness. I know it's inevitable that the audience are going to see the cameramen sometimes, but there's a huge difference between simply being seen and standing RIGHT in front of the musicians on stage. I'd get sacked if I did that, as a) there'd be complaints from the audience, and b) you're going to be in other camermen's shot. I told my producer about this (he's covered tons of name acts) and he was staggered at where the cameraman was allowed to go.

He does it in order to get good, close-up shots on stage with his steadicam rig. But if this means walking amongst the musicians, then it's really unprofessional. There's never a pit at TD gigs from which to get close-ups, which may account for the stage-walker, but that's no excuse. Plenty of good shots can be got from the wings on either side of the stage, in addition to all the other camera positions. The quality and resolution of the cameras shouldn't be an issue, as they're technically shooting in high definition anyway (just not FULL high definition)

Anyway, whine over (until next time!). Should be a great DVD regardless.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

exit81 wrote:Not distracting the audience is one of the first rules, you're supposed to be discreet when filming....that's why cameramen are supposed to wear black, to blend into the darkness. I know it's inevitable that the audience are going to see the cameramen sometimes, but there's a huge difference between simply being seen and standing RIGHT in front of the musicians on stage. I'd get sacked if I did that, as a) there'd be complaints from the audience, and b) you're going to be in other camermen's shot. I told my producer about this (he's covered tons of name acts) and he was staggered at where the cameraman was allowed to go.

He does it in order to get good, close-up shots on stage with his steadicam rig. But if this means walking amongst the musicians, then it's really unprofessional. There's never a pit at TD gigs from which to get close-ups, which may account for the stage-walker, but that's no excuse. Plenty of good shots can be got from the wings on either side of the stage, in addition to all the other camera positions. The quality and resolution of the cameras shouldn't be an issue, as they're technically shooting in high definition anyway (just not FULL high definition)

EXACTLY! Great post Sir. These cameramen violated the most important rule when filiming this gig. Very unprofessional.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

You'll have to buy the DVD to see what you missed :shock:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
timer

Post by timer »

Coming in 2-3 weeks time...
TANGERINE DREAM: AUTUMN IN HIROSHIMA (Stock # 100045) CD �13.99
This is the 3rd part of the "ATOMIC SEASONS" series.
TANGERINE DREAM: EPSILON JOURNEY - EINDHOVEN CONCERT (Stock # 1056583) DVD
�18.99 - Ltd Pre-release DVD �17.99
This is Edgar Froese's first concert performing his solo compositions together
with Tangerine Dream in April 2008 in the Netherlands!

From CDS today !

Surely we should be ordering from eastgate by now !

However I thought these were due at the time of the Loreley concert ?
Last edited by timer on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24db

Post by 24db »

exit81 wrote:Not distracting the audience is one of the first rules, you're supposed to be discreet when filming....that's why cameramen are supposed to wear black, to blend into the darkness. I know it's inevitable that the audience are going to see the cameramen sometimes, but there's a huge difference between simply being seen and standing RIGHT in front of the musicians on stage. I'd get sacked if I did that, as a) there'd be complaints from the audience, and b) you're going to be in other camermen's shot. I told my producer about this (he's covered tons of name acts) and he was staggered at where the cameraman was allowed to go.

can you email Edgar your CV mate? :)
timer

Post by timer »

timer wrote:Coming in 2-3 weeks time...

From CDS today !

Also great to see the 'One Night in Space' and 'Astoria 2007' DVDs are currently out of stock ! 8)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

timer wrote:

From CDS today !

Also great to see the 'One Night in Space' and 'Astoria 2007' DVDs are currently out of stock ! 8)

The feeding of the 50,000 8) :P :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

epsilon75 wrote:The feeding of the 50,000 8) :P :wink:
;-)

Here's an article I recently found on Robert Rich's website:
http://robertrich.com/1000-true-fans-an-answer/

Not sure if this applies to TD too, but it's interesting insight nevertheless...
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

From CDS today !

I had to go and check whether I've already ordered these via Eastgate. There's been so much TD stuff lately (and I'm not complaining :wink: ) I can't remember what I have or haven't ordered. Surely I sign that I'm getting old. :cry:
timer

Post by timer »

Chris Monk wrote:

From CDS today !

I had to go and check whether I've already ordered these via Eastgate. There's been so much TD stuff lately (and I'm not complaining :wink: ) I can't remember what I have or haven't ordered. Surely I sign that I'm getting old. :cry:
You are not alone Chris - what Ive ordered and what I haven't illudes me at times, just good that the staff are so good at places I order from ! :roll: :oops: :oops: