Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:01 am
Posts: 2459
Location: Iris & Linda's underwear draw
Apparently there's an extra on the DVD Colin's Journey which is 75 mins long :shock:

_________________
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
Michael66 wrote:
Maybe TD doesn't have the money for filming the concerts with equipment that doesn't make it necessary for the cameramen to get that close. They're not the Rolling Stones and I can imagine super-zoom cameras with a resolution good enough for DVD video are probably very expensive.
I didn't have the money to go to Eindhoven, so I'm glad there'll be a DVD from the concert...

I totally agree, I've been lucky enough to be to two TD shows with the roving cameraman and to be honest it didn't affect my enjoyment at all. It's just not that intrusive and if it results in a DVD of the show it's something I'm happy to put up with.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
Chris Monk wrote:
Michael66 wrote:
Maybe TD doesn't have the money for filming the concerts with equipment that doesn't make it necessary for the cameramen to get that close. They're not the Rolling Stones and I can imagine super-zoom cameras with a resolution good enough for DVD video are probably very expensive.
I didn't have the money to go to Eindhoven, so I'm glad there'll be a DVD from the concert...

I totally agree, I've been lucky enough to be to two TD shows with the roving cameraman and to be honest it didn't affect my enjoyment at all. It's just not that intrusive and if it results in a DVD of the show it's something I'm happy to put up with.


The Eindhoven cameraman antics were annoying, but like you Chris I wasn't distracted by it - too much great music and visuals going on :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
timer wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Michael66 wrote:
Maybe TD doesn't have the money for filming the concerts with equipment that doesn't make it necessary for the cameramen to get that close. They're not the Rolling Stones and I can imagine super-zoom cameras with a resolution good enough for DVD video are probably very expensive.
I didn't have the money to go to Eindhoven, so I'm glad there'll be a DVD from the concert...

I totally agree, I've been lucky enough to be to two TD shows with the roving cameraman and to be honest it didn't affect my enjoyment at all. It's just not that intrusive and if it results in a DVD of the show it's something I'm happy to put up with.


The Eindhoven cameraman antics were annoying, but like you Chris I wasn't distracted by it - too much great music and visuals going on :)

I was trying to think of the cameraman at the Astoria and the Frankfurt show and couldn't remember much about him. The only thing I remember was at Franfurt when Bernhard was playing and thinking "I hope the cameraman is getting this. Obviously Eindhoven was a bit more than this, possibly due to the smaller venue/stage.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Out of the filmed concerts ive attended it was probably Eindhoven that the cameramen seemed to get in the way a little more than others,to be honest i was so deep into the music it did not really matter that much 8)

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:52 pm
Posts: 347
Location: Darkest North Wales
Not distracting the audience is one of the first rules, you're supposed to be discreet when filming....that's why cameramen are supposed to wear black, to blend into the darkness. I know it's inevitable that the audience are going to see the cameramen sometimes, but there's a huge difference between simply being seen and standing RIGHT in front of the musicians on stage. I'd get sacked if I did that, as a) there'd be complaints from the audience, and b) you're going to be in other camermen's shot. I told my producer about this (he's covered tons of name acts) and he was staggered at where the cameraman was allowed to go.

He does it in order to get good, close-up shots on stage with his steadicam rig. But if this means walking amongst the musicians, then it's really unprofessional. There's never a pit at TD gigs from which to get close-ups, which may account for the stage-walker, but that's no excuse. Plenty of good shots can be got from the wings on either side of the stage, in addition to all the other camera positions. The quality and resolution of the cameras shouldn't be an issue, as they're technically shooting in high definition anyway (just not FULL high definition)

Anyway, whine over (until next time!). Should be a great DVD regardless.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:21 am
Posts: 636
Location: Chicago
exit81 wrote:
Not distracting the audience is one of the first rules, you're supposed to be discreet when filming....that's why cameramen are supposed to wear black, to blend into the darkness. I know it's inevitable that the audience are going to see the cameramen sometimes, but there's a huge difference between simply being seen and standing RIGHT in front of the musicians on stage. I'd get sacked if I did that, as a) there'd be complaints from the audience, and b) you're going to be in other camermen's shot. I told my producer about this (he's covered tons of name acts) and he was staggered at where the cameraman was allowed to go.

He does it in order to get good, close-up shots on stage with his steadicam rig. But if this means walking amongst the musicians, then it's really unprofessional. There's never a pit at TD gigs from which to get close-ups, which may account for the stage-walker, but that's no excuse. Plenty of good shots can be got from the wings on either side of the stage, in addition to all the other camera positions. The quality and resolution of the cameras shouldn't be an issue, as they're technically shooting in high definition anyway (just not FULL high definition)

Anyway, whine over (until next time!). Should be a great DVD regardless.


EXACTLY! Great post Sir. These cameramen violated the most important rule when filiming this gig. Very unprofessional.

_________________
http://tangerinedream.myfreeforum.org/index.php


http://www.flickr.com/photos/rubycon/collections/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:01 am
Posts: 2459
Location: Iris & Linda's underwear draw
You'll have to buy the DVD to see what you missed :shock:

_________________
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
Coming in 2-3 weeks time...
TANGERINE DREAM: AUTUMN IN HIROSHIMA (Stock # 100045) CD �13.99
This is the 3rd part of the "ATOMIC SEASONS" series.
TANGERINE DREAM: EPSILON JOURNEY - EINDHOVEN CONCERT (Stock # 1056583) DVD
�18.99 - Ltd Pre-release DVD �17.99
This is Edgar Froese's first concert performing his solo compositions together
with Tangerine Dream in April 2008 in the Netherlands!

From CDS today !

Surely we should be ordering from eastgate by now !

However I thought these were due at the time of the Loreley concert ?


Last edited by timer on Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
exit81 wrote:
Not distracting the audience is one of the first rules, you're supposed to be discreet when filming....that's why cameramen are supposed to wear black, to blend into the darkness. I know it's inevitable that the audience are going to see the cameramen sometimes, but there's a huge difference between simply being seen and standing RIGHT in front of the musicians on stage. I'd get sacked if I did that, as a) there'd be complaints from the audience, and b) you're going to be in other camermen's shot. I told my producer about this (he's covered tons of name acts) and he was staggered at where the cameraman was allowed to go.

He does it in order to get good, close-up shots on stage with his steadicam rig. But if this means walking amongst the musicians, then it's really unprofessional. There's never a pit at TD gigs from which to get close-ups, which may account for the stage-walker, but that's no excuse. Plenty of good shots can be got from the wings on either side of the stage, in addition to all the other camera positions. The quality and resolution of the cameras shouldn't be an issue, as they're technically shooting in high definition anyway (just not FULL high definition)

Anyway, whine over (until next time!). Should be a great DVD regardless.


can you email Edgar your CV mate? :)

_________________
http://thezest-2010.blogspot.co.uk/
small print


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
timer wrote:
Coming in 2-3 weeks time...
TANGERINE DREAM: AUTUMN IN HIROSHIMA (Stock # 100045) CD �13.99
This is the 3rd part of the "ATOMIC SEASONS" series.
TANGERINE DREAM: EPSILON JOURNEY - EINDHOVEN CONCERT (Stock # 1056583) DVD
�18.99 - Ltd Pre-release DVD �17.99
This is Edgar Froese's first concert performing his solo compositions together
with Tangerine Dream in April 2008 in the Netherlands!

From CDS today !

Surely we should be ordering from eastgate by now !

However I thought these were due at the time of the Loreley concert ?




Also great to see the 'One Night in Space' and 'Astoria 2007' DVDs are currently out of stock ! 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
timer wrote:
timer wrote:
Coming in 2-3 weeks time...
TANGERINE DREAM: AUTUMN IN HIROSHIMA (Stock # 100045) CD �13.99
This is the 3rd part of the "ATOMIC SEASONS" series.
TANGERINE DREAM: EPSILON JOURNEY - EINDHOVEN CONCERT (Stock # 1056583) DVD
�18.99 - Ltd Pre-release DVD �17.99
This is Edgar Froese's first concert performing his solo compositions together
with Tangerine Dream in April 2008 in the Netherlands!

From CDS today !

Surely we should be ordering from eastgate by now !

However I thought these were due at the time of the Loreley concert ?




Also great to see the 'One Night in Space' and 'Astoria 2007' DVDs are currently out of stock ! 8)



The feeding of the 50,000 8) :P :wink:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 11:56 am
Posts: 966
Location: Germany
epsilon75 wrote:
The feeding of the 50,000 8) :P :wink:

;-)

Here's an article I recently found on Robert Rich's website:
http://robertrich.com/1000-true-fans-an-answer/

Not sure if this applies to TD too, but it's interesting insight nevertheless...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
timer wrote:
Coming in 2-3 weeks time...
TANGERINE DREAM: AUTUMN IN HIROSHIMA (Stock # 100045) CD �13.99
This is the 3rd part of the "ATOMIC SEASONS" series.
TANGERINE DREAM: EPSILON JOURNEY - EINDHOVEN CONCERT (Stock # 1056583) DVD
�18.99 - Ltd Pre-release DVD �17.99
This is Edgar Froese's first concert performing his solo compositions together
with Tangerine Dream in April 2008 in the Netherlands!

From CDS today !

Surely we should be ordering from eastgate by now !

However I thought these were due at the time of the Loreley concert ?

I had to go and check whether I've already ordered these via Eastgate. There's been so much TD stuff lately (and I'm not complaining :wink: ) I can't remember what I have or haven't ordered. Surely I sign that I'm getting old. :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
Chris Monk wrote:
timer wrote:
Coming in 2-3 weeks time...
TANGERINE DREAM: AUTUMN IN HIROSHIMA (Stock # 100045) CD �13.99
This is the 3rd part of the "ATOMIC SEASONS" series.
TANGERINE DREAM: EPSILON JOURNEY - EINDHOVEN CONCERT (Stock # 1056583) DVD
�18.99 - Ltd Pre-release DVD �17.99
This is Edgar Froese's first concert performing his solo compositions together
with Tangerine Dream in April 2008 in the Netherlands!

From CDS today !

Surely we should be ordering from eastgate by now !

However I thought these were due at the time of the Loreley concert ?

I had to go and check whether I've already ordered these via Eastgate. There's been so much TD stuff lately (and I'm not complaining :wink: ) I can't remember what I have or haven't ordered. Surely I sign that I'm getting old. :cry:


You are not alone Chris - what Ive ordered and what I haven't illudes me at times, just good that the staff are so good at places I order from ! :roll: :oops: :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage