Legend 20th Anniversary - track list?

jacob
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by jacob »

Hipgnosis wrote:Hi,

Why would anyone want a bootleg when there is enough released by the TD group that sounds even better?

There was a time when it made sense ... the Pink Floyd bootlegs may not sound great ... but they are better in character and feel than ANY album ... the same was with the Grateful Dead and Bob Dylan ...

But these days, all of those have been released and there are few that are worth it ... specially in this digital ear when a band can simply put a portion of their sound on a cd/harddrive and then play over it ... and sound the same. They didn't sound the same years ago, and that freshness makes a bootleg worth it ... but today ... I have not heard a single bootleg in the past 20 years that is any different than the real thing ... I guess that's a tribute to technology, but it can also be a tribute to the commercial need to sound "correct" and like the album to sell the CD ... it's the commercial side of it all.

Thx
I think some of the best material by TD exists only on bootlegs.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

jacob wrote:
Hipgnosis wrote:I think some of the best material by TD exists only on bootlegs.
Very true. There are one or two tracks that I can think of that have never got an official release that are superb.
24db

Post by 24db »

jacob wrote:

Why would anyone want a bootleg when there is enough released by the TD group that sounds even better?

There was a time when it made sense ... the Pink Floyd bootlegs may not sound great ... but they are better in character and feel than ANY album ... the same was with the Grateful Dead and Bob Dylan ...

But these days, all of those have been released and there are few that are worth it ... specially in this digital ear when a band can simply put a portion of their sound on a cd/harddrive and then play over it ... and sound the same. They didn't sound the same years ago, and that freshness makes a bootleg worth it ... but today ... I have not heard a single bootleg in the past 20 years that is any different than the real thing ... I guess that's a tribute to technology, but it can also be a tribute to the commercial need to sound "correct" and like the album to sell the CD ... it's the commercial side of it all.

Thx
It's a real shame that the 'Forbidden' soundtrack has never been released, the 'love theme' from that is one of the most wonderful things TD ever did.
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

The anniversary edition of the DVD includes an "isolated film score" option whereby you can play the movie with only the music playing and not the dialogue. When you select this option a frame appears explaining that it contains the full-length cues (which means they might go out of skew with the film) and that there is more music than what appeared on the soundtrack. I sat through the whole movie this way and really didn't hear much of anything that made me want to make the effort to stick the DVD into my computer to rip the audio tracks.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

24db wrote:
jacob wrote:

Thx
It's a real shame that the 'Forbidden' soundtrack has never been released, the 'love theme' from that is one of the most wonderful things TD ever did.
We can but hope for it one day, forever the optimist
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache