Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music

The forthcoming 2cd set should be called:
The Electronic Magic of.... 82%  82%  [ 9 ]
Ultima Thule 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 11
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:28 pm
Posts: 2776
Location: Brixton, London
24db wrote:
Couldn't give a monkey's what it's called...provided the music is ok

Same here...

...although it sometimes gives a clue what's going on in Edgar's head :wink:

_________________
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:50 pm
Posts: 547
Location: Louisiana, USA
Chris Monk wrote:
Go to be honest here but I kinda like the name Ultima Thule. :roll:


Same here. Although maybe "Fly and Collision ..."?

_________________
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
rotwang wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Go to be honest here but I kinda like the name Ultima Thule. :roll:


Same here. Although maybe "Fly and Collision ..."?

That'd do.


Call me a git if you like but Electronic Magic of Tangerine Dream is just too Reader's Digest for me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
billythefish wrote:
24db wrote:
Couldn't give a monkey's what it's called...provided the music is ok

Same here...

...although it sometimes gives a clue what's going on in Edgar's head :wink:


'Journey through a Burning Brain' :shock: :roll: :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:44 pm
Posts: 652
Location: SOMEWHERE ELSE
Ah What!!! They have now changed the cover too!

The cover was originally a copy of the 70/80 boxset.

Now its a pic of Froese/Franke & Baumann in front of a satallite.

apparently the content of the disc is going to be changed soon...
to contain the very best of...(fill in the blanks?)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
Ah What!!! They have now changed the cover too!

The cover was originally a copy of the 70/80 boxset.

Now its a pic of Froese/Franke & Baumann in front of a satallite.

apparently the content of the disc is going to be changed soon...
to contain the very best of...(fill in the blanks?)


Oh No :shock: thats the T/shirts gone then :roll: :cry:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
epsilon75 wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
Ah What!!! They have now changed the cover too!

The cover was originally a copy of the 70/80 boxset.

Now its a pic of Froese/Franke & Baumann in front of a satallite.

apparently the content of the disc is going to be changed soon...
to contain the very best of...(fill in the blanks?)


Oh No :shock: thats the T/shirts gone then :roll: :cry:


Damn - will have to do our own CJ :idea:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:21 am
Posts: 636
Location: Chicago
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
hi, found out today from an ultra reliable source that the forthcoming 'Electronic Magic of...' set has had a name change and will now be called ULTIMA THULE:the electronic magic of...

What do you think, poll time?

Oh well, off to the deedpoll office,
'i want to be called Loretta'.
:-):-):-)


Oh boy, another comp! yipee!!!!

_________________
http://tangerinedream.myfreeforum.org/index.php


http://www.flickr.com/photos/rubycon/collections/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:09 am
Posts: 3244
Is this "The Electronic Magic of Tangerine Dream" that I have already purchased of i tunes we are talking about?

ie the one with the extremely retro cover that is actually now cool 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
har wrote:
Is this "The Electronic Magic of Tangerine Dream" that I have already purchased of i tunes we are talking about?

ie the one with the extremely retro cover that is actually now cool 8)


Yes..........thats the one :arrow:

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
Is this on the CD set or the Vinyl set that they are changing the cover etc ?

As I think the Viynl set doesn't have all the tracks that the CD does ?

Im probably wrong and should have looked it up myself ! :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
has anybody actually ordered this yet?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
24db wrote:
has anybody actually ordered this yet?


Only the CD set - got to much vinyl doing nothing in this house already ! :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
timer wrote:
24db wrote:
has anybody actually ordered this yet?


Only the CD set - got to much vinyl doing nothing in this house already ! :roll:


I bet you were tempted though :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:05 pm
Posts: 11363
Location: Glasgow
24db wrote:
timer wrote:
24db wrote:
has anybody actually ordered this yet?


Only the CD set - got to much vinyl doing nothing in this house already ! :roll:


I bet you were tempted though :D


For about a minute yes - 'Ltd Edition' plays tricks with the mind ! :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage