Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:45 pm 

krismopompas wrote:
Michael66 wrote:
CF took the multitrack masters of the TD records he participated in with him when he left the band. Edgar said that in a recent interview, and that he has tried to get the tapes back in a court battle between him and CF. Whether he got the tapes back in the end, he didn't say.

remember me at a kindergarden :roll: .........old people are like little children.

We shouldn't allow us any statement here - as we simply do not know nothing about this issue. It's all speculation. But I'm sure Edgar would release the vaults if he got them....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:34 pm 

I wonder if sometimes we regard tracks with more respect than the composers. After all they know how the finished product got there - the bits that were a struggle, the bits that just fell in to place, the bits they worked really hard on to get working , the bits they feel they cheated on.

But we have just the final piece (usually) and it has special personal resonances. So the Tangents reworkings seem a bit pointless musically perhaps while DMs and the two new reworks are of another order. I think Stephen's (BtF) made the point well - the original's still there to listen to.

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3 [ 32 posts ] 

Jump to: