Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject: BAROCK 3
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:44 pm
Posts: 652
Location: SOMEWHERE ELSE
Had this little 7min.classic clip for quite a few years now but apart from the the Barock 3, 1976 and WDR German tv logo in the top left hand corner, does anyone know where this fantastic clip orginates from?
Unlike the Coventry Cathedral film, it doesnt look like the improv.music has been dubbed over TD's performance.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BAROCK 3
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
Had this little 7min.classic clip for quite a few years now but apart from the the Barock 3, 1976 and WDR German tv logo in the top left hand corner, does anyone know where this fantastic clip orginates from?
Unlike the Coventry Cathedral film, it doesnt look like the improv.music has been dubbed over TD's performance.


Originally it comes from a 46 minute German documentary (I'm far too lazy to check the correct spelling, but something like Signalle Aus Der Schwibsche Strasse) from 1976. The whole thing includes interviews with all the band, John Peel, Tony Palmer and Richard Branson (labelled bizarrely as Barnes), as well as the band doing a live improv. Another notable part of it is an interview with Monique Froese talking about her artwork and photos...oh and Edgar acting!.

'a' clip from the live section was used during two recent WDR shows (the clip you can see on youtube comes from one of these)...the shorter of which was called 'Kraut and Ruben' (sp?)...the longer one is 6 hours long and features loads of Krautrock bands as well as some terrible stuff from the seventies.


Last edited by 24db on Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
updated Info: originally broadcast as Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße, SFB-TV 1976 (46 mins, Colour, in German)

Extracts then re-broadcast as KRAUT UND RÜBEN, Über die Anfänge deutscher Rockmusik by WDR in Germany in 2006 (other TD clips were also used..live in 1968, 1969 etc etc), one episode (Elektrische Impulse) featured electronic music, it also featured interviews with Edgar and Klaus Schulze.

http://www.rockpalast.de/sendetermine/k ... eben.phtml

WDR then rebroadcast some of these clips (in a longer form) as part of their 6 hour long Deutsche Rock Nacht (from memory...excuse me if I'm misquoting this, but I can't check right now)

Complete lists of all the artists featured:

http://www.rockpalast.de/sendetermine/20060806/
http://www.rockpalast.de/sendetermine/20060813/

looking at the list, your clip comes from the last programme...sorry for the l-o-n-g reply :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 pm
Posts: 7797
Location: Bristol, Uk
Got a feeling that all of it is available in various bits and pieces on YouTube.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:44 pm
Posts: 652
Location: SOMEWHERE ELSE
24db wrote:
updated Info: originally broadcast as Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße, SFB-TV 1976 (46 mins, Colour, in German)

Extracts then re-broadcast as KRAUT UND RÜBEN, Über die Anfänge deutscher Rockmusik by WDR in Germany in 2006 (other TD clips were also used..live in 1968, 1969 etc etc), one episode (Elektrische Impulse) featured electronic music, it also featured interviews with Edgar and Klaus Schulze.

http://www.rockpalast.de/sendetermine/k ... eben.phtml

WDR then rebroadcast some of these clips (in a longer form) as part of their 6 hour long Deutsche Rock Nacht (from memory...excuse me if I'm misquoting this, but I can't check right now)

Complete lists of all the artists featured:

http://www.rockpalast.de/sendetermine/20060806/
http://www.rockpalast.de/sendetermine/20060813/

looking at the list, your clip comes from the last programme...sorry for the l-o-n-g reply :)


Long replies welcome if they are as informative as that. Thanks 24db, hope i havent disturbed your sunday? :-)

Actually watched most of the above mentioned clips. Even though German is not my first language and i struggled!

Very interesting to see Monique Froese on these clips talking about the cover art.

Wonder if we'll ever get an official TD documentry?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 pm
Posts: 20418
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:
24db wrote:
updated Info: originally broadcast as Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße, SFB-TV 1976 (46 mins, Colour, in German)

Extracts then re-broadcast as KRAUT UND RÜBEN, Über die Anfänge deutscher Rockmusik by WDR in Germany in 2006 (other TD clips were also used..live in 1968, 1969 etc etc), one episode (Elektrische Impulse) featured electronic music, it also featured interviews with Edgar and Klaus Schulze.

http://www.rockpalast.de/sendetermine/k ... eben.phtml

WDR then rebroadcast some of these clips (in a longer form) as part of their 6 hour long Deutsche Rock Nacht (from memory...excuse me if I'm misquoting this, but I can't check right now)

Complete lists of all the artists featured:

http://www.rockpalast.de/sendetermine/20060806/
http://www.rockpalast.de/sendetermine/20060813/

looking at the list, your clip comes from the last programme...sorry for the l-o-n-g reply :)


Long replies welcome if they are as informative as that. Thanks 24db, hope i havent disturbed your sunday? :-)

Actually watched most of the above mentioned clips. Even though German is not my first language and i struggled!

Very interesting to see Monique Froese on these clips talking about the cover art.

Wonder if we'll ever get an official TD documentry?


No problem NOL. TD doc? Unlikely I would have thought unless TD want to do their own one

I've got admit that I find the music they play a bit average, they produced much better in 1976


Last edited by 24db on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 24409
Location: Apatheticville
Chris Monk wrote:
Got a feeling that all of it is available in various bits and pieces on YouTube.


It is Chris 8) great stuff 8)

_________________
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage