Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
 Post subject: TD 'Genre' query
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:12 am 

Just spent the last few days ripping the 74 TD CD's I own to 320kbs so I can enjoy on my new Archos 80G player. Got some excellent reference data, artwork and corrections from Voices in the Net (thanks guys).

Would have gone for lossless but would'nt have much left for anything else...

Can't believe the variations of 'Genre' that crop up for TD music - Childrens Music(???), General Rock, Pop/Dance, Electro to next to b*gg*r all.

Never really one for for catagorising TD music but the medication's run well and truly out and now totally stricken with Compulsive TD Syndrome... MUST fill in the box.....

Can't leave it blank...its temporarilly filled with 'General Electronic' it don't feel right.....any (printable) suggestions...

Post subject: Re: TD 'Genre' query
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:39 am 

Red Morpho wrote:
Never really one for for catagorising TD music but the medication's run well and truly out and now totally stricken with Compulsive TD Syndrome... MUST fill in the box.....

Can't leave it blank...its temporarilly filled with 'General Electronic' it don't feel right.....any (printable) suggestions...

Easy. Genre: TD.

'nuff said.

:wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:54 am 

DaveAS wrote:
Red Morpho wrote:

Easy. Genre: TD.

'nuff said.

:wink:

Spot on!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rubycon/collections/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:46 am 

Red Morpho wrote:
Just spent the last few days ripping the 74 TD CD's I own to 320kbs so I can enjoy on my new Archos 80G player. Got some excellent reference data, artwork and corrections from Voices in the Net (thanks guys).

Can't believe the variations of 'Genre' that crop up for TD music - Childrens Music(???), General Rock, Pop/Dance, Electro to next to b*gg*r all.

It's just music. I don't think I've ever played anything by genre...it's something record shops invented for their own benefit. Anybody who truly loves music should aways use their ears and not worry about what daft label the music industry will invent next.

To make matters worse, when some 'fans' provide the track listings and names of the artists, they do it in several different ways....CAPITALS, lower case, A Mixture...therefore I have about 3 Edgar Froeses and TD's on my mp3 player :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:23 am 

It's impossible to put TD in a box of genre(s). I usually just call them a rock'n'roll band, mainly because they arised from the same ashes as a lot of other rock bands. Edgar started his carreer like many other bands by doing rock standards, it just took off differently. And IMHO they still pretty much rock. Yearh!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:11 pm 

24db wrote:
Red Morpho wrote:

It's just music. I don't think I've ever played anything by genre...it's something record shops invented for their own benefit. Anybody who truly loves music should aways use their ears and not worry about what daft label the music industry will invent next.

To make matters worse, when some 'fans' provide the track listings and names of the artists, they do it in several different ways....CAPITALS, lower case, A Mixture...therefore I have about 3 Edgar Froeses and TD's on my mp3 player :)

This is pretty much the main I have spent the last few days trying to get the track listings details and associated data in one constant format format - not a great believer in 'genre' but I have the choice of leaving it as it is (can't), leaving it blank (not sure) or putting in something meaningful (irrationally compelled to do and I cant get an apointment with the Doc until 2010). 'TD' is brilliant in its simplicity (cheers DaveAS!) and pretty blindingly obvious that I an about to lock up my hard drive for the next several hours while it changes the lot

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Jump to: