TD moments, hairs on the back of the neck!

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

:lol: :lol:

ahem:

the gong on rubycon......then the music sweeps and goes urrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhooowwwwwwwwwwwuhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, scary stuff :o
...The wise.....are silent.....
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Abyss, from sorceror.........

I may be on this thread forever :idea:
...The wise.....are silent.....
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

bigmoog wrote::lol: :lol:

ahem:

the gong on rubycon......then the music sweeps and goes urrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhooowwwwwwwwwwwuhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, scary stuff :o
I used to play this while laying in bed w/ my ex.
Used to scare the absolute hell out of her. :-)

Now I'm horny. For Rubycon.
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

In Barbakane, when the Warsaw in the Sun section is about to start and you hear the audience chattering followed by the opening chord. Then the rhythm sequencers kick in, and I go to pieces :D

There are SO many other bits... alas most is on vinyl so giving times is very hard... will start listening for more moments soon.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Beaubourg wrote:
bigmoog wrote::lol: :lol:

ahem:

I used to play this while laying in bed w/ my ex.
Used to scare the absolute hell out of her. :-)

Now I'm horny. For Rubycon.
Wonderful :D I know the feeling exactly :P
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Nero

Post by Nero »

I get goose bumps when I listen to SUMMER IN NAGASAKI track "11:02 am" -
the drop of the nuclear bomb.....horrifying!

And DREAM PUZZLE from TANGRAM 2008 - shivers running down my spine, really crazy! TD's music has a great impact to me.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Just the other night very late I was listening to Summer In Nagasaki. 11.02am. When everthing goes silent then that eerie hum kicks in....It's the first time I realised just what this music is descrbing. I felt very emotional. Another track from Inferno..Lo no mor. A simple sequencer with operatic vocals which for me is awesome. Simple but beautiful. Also Rubycon pt. 2 when the sequencers fire up best listened to loud or on headphones. There are many other goosebump moments. Silver Scale from the 81 tour the first 5 minutes or so with the string sounds just soaring....I could be here all day..great topic by the way.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Logos live just after the announcement, certain parts of hamlet as well. quite a lot of tracks when I think about it.
timer

Post by timer »

Rubycon Prt2 where the main sequencer splits into stereo.

Pergammon Part 2 when the sequencer starts up , and when Edgars guitar bursts in.

Loved By the Sun - Tempodrome version - stunning.

A Dream of Death - that guitar solo. - awesome.

Carmel Calif - all through the soloing Synth line.

Horizon - all through .

And many many many more ............................ 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Off the top of my head:

The part where the Johannes' keyboards take over from Edgar's guitar on Pergamon.

The slow keyboard build on Hyperborea (the track).

The "sad" keyboard intro to Tangram part 2 (I guess EM boffins might call it the minor key intro).

The simple but effective guitar parts on Crystal Curfew.

The vocals on Beatrice l'aime Infinie.

Above the Great Dry Land - all of it.

....and many others.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Chasing the Bad seed & Sun Son Seal. from Purgatorio an album I've not playe for a long while.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

sparrow wrote:Chasing the Bad seed & Sun Son Seal. from Purgatorio an album I've not playe for a long while.
Two excellent tracks John,CTBS is my favorite on the album 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Sfearical Sequence

Post by Sfearical Sequence »

bigmoog wrote:Invisible limits, during the awesome sequencer section when the 'flute' sound kicks in....a gothic sounding scary moment that still shivers me timbers
The moment in Invisible Limits that gets me is around 3:06 when, just after the snare drum fades in, that loud bell rings, heralding the Froese buzz saw.

A similar moment occurs in "3 am..." between 1:53 and 2:45 when the music swells louder and louder. I call that the sunrise section, as I believe that is what is being depicted in this somewhat programmatic tone poem.

16:37 of Logos when things really heat up and everything is going full force.
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

Sfearical Sequence wrote:
bigmoog wrote:Invisible limits, during the awesome sequencer section when the 'flute' sound kicks in....a gothic sounding scary moment that still shivers me timbers
The moment in Invisible Limits that gets me is around 3:06 when, just after the snare drum fades in, that loud bell rings, heralding the Froese buzz saw.

A similar moment occurs in "3 am..." between 1:53 and 2:45 when the music swells louder and louder. I call that the sunrise section, as I believe that is what is being depicted in this somewhat programmatic tone poem.

16:37 of Logos when things really heat up and everything is going full force.
:shock: :shock: Summer In Nagasaki - Presentiment............................................ :shock: :arrow:
timer

Post by timer »

Sphinx Lightning 2008 - that first deep sequencer ! wonderfull 8)